PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake fishing-Yesterday and Today

Spaulding
11-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Recently got a place up in Big Bear to retreat to and bring my kids up to fish and ski. Been taking my kids every chance I get and they have been loving the trout fishing. I decided it's finally time to really attempt to break my WEAK Rainbow trout record. Went yesterday afternoon/evening and hit the lake solo. The fishing was hot. My first pole was already bent before I got the second rod in the water. Caught my limit with one of the fish being a good one. Went down again today and the fishing was even better but, the weather wasn't. Caught a really nice one today...Using 2 lb test and I was letting it have it's way until the fish tired out. Not a PB though. I got that fish just in time too because no more than 3 minutes after I caught it, here comes a pontoon rental full bore two feet from shore, then here comes Jack Sparrow and the Pirate tour ship shooting off canons, then here comes Captain Stubing and the Love Boat tour cruise ship just killing any chance of anymore..I said LATE, I am outta here. ..Windy today but a great day out. Here are pics of the two bigger ones. All fish caught on inflated crawlers
P.S. Gonna have to go down to Irvine to get this PB Rainbow trout sorted out .

Steve

bman90278
11-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Nice fish!!! Thanks for the pics and report.

brian

BRING IT
11-07-2010, 06:59 AM
very nice fish, look at that tail. i want to go fish bb, but dont know were to fish. can you pm me for some spots to fish. if not i understand. Irvine is on fire. my home lake scott

troutdog
11-07-2010, 07:04 AM
BEAUTIFUL fish right there, congrats! Sorry the Pirates of the Caribbean put a damper on your fishing spot though!

TD

TroutOnly
11-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Very nice trout captain spaulding , i love that place when it gets cooler, i was thinking of you the other day steve and youre first san ant trip was a trip,you got to wake up the old man up and yell lets go fishing,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,congrats on the pb,,,,,,,,,,san ant is almost ready,,,,,,,,,

Cameron
11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Nice fish glad to see the lake producing for ya.

Spaulding
11-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks. It's on fire now but, not the Irvine grade fish by any means! Love fishing BBL this time of year.

Bob, that is funny you mentioned that first trip. Check out this pic I just hung in the new place. It's the "money" shot you took! I had it blown up and framed..LOL.
My 11 year old daughter walked into the house, took one look at the pic and turned to me and said " Daddy, what's wrong with you?"HA HA HA HA HA..Funniest thing I ever heard.

I am ready to go 100% and have not forgotten. My buddy is in this time.

Steve

TroutOnly
11-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I LIKE BOTH OF THESE SHOTS,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0459SSSSS---2222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0461SSSSSSSSSSS------------1111.jpg

etaggart
11-11-2010, 09:04 AM
SICK!!!! That's a boat-load of stripeys - What time of year did you hit those - I assume it was San Antonio Rsvr just north of Nacimiento? The wife has family in Paso Robles - I think we're gonna have to visit for a, uh, family-reunion - ya, that's it, a nice big family reunion, on a boat, with lots of beer and tackle.

etaggart
11-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Hey Bob - How close are you to the ducts in AV, and do you have much luck there w/ the striper? Or do you have best luck on lakes/rsvrs?

I've got family in Gilroy and we've fished the aqueducts on the 33 near Santa Nella - hit and miss, but those were my first stripers. Worked the ONeill Forebay from a boat many times, but lucky if we land one or two in a full day.

Eric

Cameron
11-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Holy cow nice slay dude.....