PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Lake/Derby

FSHNLIC
11-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Dave (PissOnMyspace) and I hit up Apollo Lake today for the derby, giving up FullTails for a chance at some coin. Started the morning off tossing hardware..Bouyants, Phoebe's, spinners, rapalas... u name it..we threw it... Dave hooks up first (would a been a double but mine came unbuttoned... nice fish weighing it at 2.06... shortly after I hook up on a nice one a Troutrap weighing in at 3.01..... things slowed up after that and we had to work hard to scratch up some fish.... Kept changing colors on the PW's until we caught fire on WHITE.. thanx Dave.... all of a sudden I hook into a Toad and my drag's a screeeeemin...... kept taken line and all I could see is the wake it created.... yeah boy.... after a good fight and a bunch of over and undering of other's line I finally landed the big boy...... not as big as I thought, but came in at 5.06 taking 7th place in the derby for a cool 245 bones.... cha ching!!!!!! Overall quality of fish was very good but not WFO.... we both scored 3 .... Tight Lines and Fulltails Boys....

Frequent Flyer
11-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Sweeeeet! gotta love the music of drag and great job at the derby taking 7th place

novel44
11-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Good job on winning 7th. I was there with my dad and bro but our biggest was 3#, 1 oz. Still a great day with some hard fighting fish. Loved the way a few of them jumped out of the water when we were bringing them in.

INDOANGLER2.1
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Fishnlic that was me fishing to your right, i was going to ask if you guys were on FNN. Congrats on that fish, you did agreat job battling that fish. I agree with your report not that many fish but good quality. It was a great morning and everyone got along. Nice fishing with you guys, see you next time.

FSHNLIC
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Nice fishing with you as well... See ya in March!!

Hey Fishnlic that was me fishing to your right, i was going to ask if you guys were on FNN. Congrats on that fish, you did agreat job battling that fish. I agree with your report not that many fish but good quality. It was a great morning and everyone got along. Nice fishing with you guys, see you next time.

TroutOnly
11-07-2010, 09:22 PM
MONEY FISH OH YA,,,,,,,,,,,,,I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU GUYS WHILE I WAS MAKING MR STRIPEY BLEED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

TROUT MASTERS
11-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Nice fish.
I was going to go up there with the kids,but coudnt make it.

Piss on Myspace
11-08-2010, 08:36 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh sh*t is that a seal???..........epic fight man and congrats again brotha

Piss on Myspace
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
INDOANGLER2.1......good fishin with ya mang