PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Park (Derby) 11/6

novel44
11-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Me my dad and my brother got to the lake at 5:50am. Line was huge. It was our first time in any kind of fishing derby.
Even though we had to walk like half a mile to the end of the line at 6:00 they opened the gates and everything moved pretty quickly and smoothly.

Bait: Everything Worked in the morning. I caught one on Lip Ripperz Z spoon on shad color. One on a orange mini jig and one on a chartreuse lip ripperz worm slit shot rigged. Everything else was on PB and as i said any color worked fine.

Our biggest catch was 3lbs and 1 oz. The 1st place was taken by 7#+. 10th place was taken by 4#+

things slowed down around 9:30am. Would have had limits easy if not for broken lines. (As if what we got wasn't enough hahaha) Was using 4# test and had to retie at least 8 times.

One of the greatest experiences i had fishing at this derby. A lot of fun. Few new things for me as far as catching trout on artificial/lures. I've always fished trout on PB until today.

Met some great people too. Even though it was kind of crowded and lines got tangled with other anglers every 5 or so casts people were very nice about it.

Here are the fish: (they will get cooked and eaten today)

Sorry for posting in the wrong section... kinda tiered... if anyone is able to please move it to the right place....

ltj427
11-06-2010, 02:28 PM
i also was there and quite possibly the only person in the entire place to get skunked. I got there around 6:30 walked around for half an hour until i found a spot with enough room. Everybody around me was pulling them in left and right a saw a couple guys leave by 7:30 with their limits i tried several different lures and about 5 different power baits to only leave frustrated and with the bitter taste of skunk.:mad: