PDA

View Full Version : Rock quarry near victoria gardens?

Mestre909
11-06-2010, 08:24 AM
I've been hearing about the infamous rock quarry off the 15fwy near victoria gardens. How can I fund it? Any particular streets?

ultralite88
11-06-2010, 08:52 AM
if were are talking about the same place its surounded by the oak quary golf course(which is north of the 60 off of valleyway) my brother has fished there and said there alot of fish but the golfcourse doesnt want you there so dont get caught, or hit by golf balls. good luck

bayfishingjunkie
11-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I live here in the IE and I have fished pretty much every rock quarry I know of.. especially the ones off the 605 freeway.. also the DWP lakes behind azuza greens golf course.. And I am not familiar with any quarry off the 15 other than oak quarry which does have alot of bass . but not the easiest place to fish.. I know the employees fish it all the time(I play golf there twice a month) my suggestion is take up golf and carry a rod thats what I do. you can usually get away with a few casts per round.. San bernardino golf course has huge bass and so does colton golf course...

karlkrger
11-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I've been hearing about the infamous rock quarry off the 15fwy near victoria gardens. How can I fund it? Any particular streets?

dude i thought the samething when i drove by. im down to go on a adventure . keep me posted on how things go and what not

Mestre909
11-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, couldn't find the quarry. But did run into a san bernardino county flood quarry. Its off of etiwanda near etiwanda high. Looks good but in a residential area and has no trespassing signs. Anyone try?

IncredibleHuck
11-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Well, couldn't find the quarry. But did run into a san bernardino county flood quarry. Its off of etiwanda near etiwanda high. Looks good but in a residential area and has no trespassing signs. Anyone try?

That was dry last summer.

Boltfan#1
11-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I have seen a quarry further south on the 15.... alomost to the 60 freeway interchange. If you were to be heading north on the 15 it would be off to yur left. Maybe Ill try google earth and see if I can find anything.

karlkrger
11-07-2010, 01:56 PM

drove by today and it looks like you can park in the high school and then walk over there. not a far walk at all. not sure if there are signs saying no tresspassing. but ill be working down there this week. ill try to hit it up and see what happens. ill keep you updated

Danny300
11-07-2010, 09:52 PM
I have seen a quarry further south on the 15.... alomost to the 60 freeway interchange. If you were to be heading north on the 15 it would be off to yur left. Maybe Ill try google earth and see if I can find anything.

try it and tell the armed security guard hi on your way in

Boltfan#1
11-08-2010, 08:52 AM
LOL....Thanks for the heads up.

karlkrger
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
i fished the it yesterday. there are fish in there. i only fished it for ten mins. saw a bunch of little tiny fish. i guess they do mosquito breading there, thats what the signs say. they also say no tresspassing

Mestre909
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Awesome! No luck, why only ten minutes? How did you get in?

jbassc
11-17-2010, 08:19 PM

A dead body was found there by one of my friends last year he actually called the poliCe to go pick up the body he didint get in trouble for the dead body but they did tell him he should'nt of been fishing there and if he was to get caught there again he would be arrested for tresspassing,So if u fish there be careful for the police or (OTHERS).

Trout Daddy
11-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I know there is a quarry off of 8th just West of Grove that has been there for years.

karlkrger
11-18-2010, 03:00 PM

i jumped the fence. some guy said there is a opening around around back of the baseball fields.