PDA

View Full Version : Pudd repeat (the retrun of the beast)

CPT. Kirk
11-05-2010, 05:11 PM
After my conference call this morning I decided to fish Puddingstone for only short time I still had some work to complete.
I started out with a spinnerbait for nada. I then switched over to a Cultiva Jerk bait and caught a small 13in LMB. I continued working the shoreline for nada. After beating the skunk I was getting ready to go but decided to try a different jerk bait before i left. I tied on a LC pointer and started working it around a grassy area when she bit again. I think it was the same fish I caught the night before. This time I was able to find someone to take a photo before the fish was released. Todays measurement was a little over 25 inches a little shorter then the 26 inch fish I reported yesterday I think it's the same fish and my measurements where off a little bit yesterday.

Photo from www.bassinthehood.com
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/kpmetoyer/Bass%20in%20the%20Hood/PuddBeastrepeatII-1-1.jpg

fishntime
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Same fish different day, thats sick!!!! Congrats.

CPT. Kirk
11-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Same fish different day, thats sick!!!! Congrats.

I have been fishing for LMB off and on since 1974 that has never happened before.

KingShad
11-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Thats a brute. I love when their heads and back are shaped like that because that defines a pig for me. I think something is wrong with the camera because its all distorted and swirly like my vision after a couple of cold ones.

KingShad
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I have been fishing for LMB off and on since 1974 that has never happened before.

Spring 2005 I caught a 12.15 at Lake Skinner on a crank then the following week my brother-in-law tossed a crank and caught it same place. It was spring so we figured it was bedd'n there.

CPT. Kirk
11-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Thats a brute. I love when their heads and back are shaped like that because that defines a pig for me. I think something is wrong with the camera because its all distorted and swirly like my vision after a couple of cold ones.

That is how everything looked to me after catching the same fish on back to back days.

basscatcher
11-06-2010, 01:16 PM
i have fished the pudd for years and just looking at the background that spot is a great spot for swimbaits as well!! Great catch!!!

God BLess

basscatcher

CPT. Kirk
11-06-2010, 01:53 PM
i have fished the pudd for years and just looking at the background that spot is a great spot for swimbaits as well!! Great catch!!!

God BLess

basscatcher

I have caught a lot of good fish at the Pudd over the years but have not had a lot of luck on swimbaits I'm going to have to put more effort into my swimbaits.
Thanks basscatcher

CL SmooV
11-06-2010, 04:41 PM
cap kirk, great fish!

im off this coming thursday but dont know where i'm fishing. if you have the day off, let me know so we can go bass trackin'.

smoov

CPT. Kirk
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM
cap kirk, great fish!

im off this coming thursday but dont know where i'm fishing. if you have the day off, let me know so we can go bass trackin'.

smoov

Thanks CL check your PM Thursday could work.