PDA

View Full Version : 11-5... Great day at the Vine

Slick Rick
11-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't post here as often as I should as these forums have been so helpful to me since getting into this hobby... so let me start of by saying THANK YOU!

Day started off early! Got to the lake about 4am and it was already packed. I was about 5 rows from the left at that time. Hung out and tied my rigs, crossed my t's and dotted my I's.

I heard one of the Irvine Employees mention that you could walk in at 5 to get your boat/food/tackle, ect. so I hurried over to the gate. Let me tell you, I was just in time! Next thing I know... there was a couple hundred people behind me:EyePop:.

Blah blah blah... The fishing right? I know that's what you guys want! :Cool:

I started trolling straight from the rental dock. As I rounded the Trout Island area, BAM!! Theres goes my rod... Landed the fish, got rid of the stripe first thing and it felt great! I tried a couple different spots but kept coming back to the flats and it paid off. Every 30 minutes a poll was going bendo and we where giggling like little school girls. :LOL: From the rental dock to the back of the flats we got hit everywhere about 40 yards off the shore.

My buddy and I where using some cheap lures and the hooks kept pulling straight with these fish. BUT THE LURE WAS HOT!! Landed 8 and lost at least that much near the boat (re; hooks)

Equipment and setup:

rod# 1-
5 pound Maxima
Daiwa SC Shiner (BG), 5 ft. Depth <---- This was the lure of the day, taking hits like Tyson. (HOOKS NEED TO BE UPGRADED!)

rod# 2-

6 pound P Line
Rapala CD03 (RT), 2-3 ft. Depth

All fish where about 17"-18"... had one that was bigger (about 22-23"). Good grade for the average size fish!

-Rick

Just_Samson
11-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the report. I'm in line for Saturday.

TaperSteve
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanx for the report! Def gotta change the hooks on those shiners.

TS

plumber2001
11-05-2010, 08:07 PM
so with all these people going on saturday,how much room is there for a shoreline fisherman.sounds like a great lake to troll.shore vs troll?thanks for any info:Razz:

troutdog
11-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Congrats on a great day on the lake, what a weekend this is shaping up to be...

TD