PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Bako Duct Report

FishingwithDave
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
According to my iSolunar app on my iPhone, today between 11:43am and 2:43pm, should have been a good time to be fishing. Unfortunately, nobody told the fish in the aqueduct that! Hit a few spots, trying out my new KPNs, but got nada. Gates were closed and real windy and blowin north. Water level is up, probably 18" or so above where it has been, but pretty clear and no moss.

yolo
11-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't believe in those things. I have been skunked on so called good times to fish and knocked em dead on so called don't waste your time days to fish and everything in between. The best day to fish is the day you are catching fish!

yolo
11-05-2010, 03:17 PM
By the way. What did it say for 6:00am? I got one around that time this morning.

FishingwithDave
11-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Actually, 6:02am - 7:32am was a minor solunar period in A/V.

cutbait
11-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Gates closed? let me guess you were on south end of valley?

GC-upstream is still carrying good flow throughout the day. Lots of Ag water still being used.

yolo
11-05-2010, 09:51 PM
That's strange cause we have not had it shut down here at all. They must be moving water during the night cause it has to go through there to get to here and it's moving pretty good here and very consistently.

M@M
11-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Moving pretty fast down here also,every time I've gone in the last few weeks. Went for short time last nite picking up a small bit of grass almost every cast.

yolo
11-06-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm pretty sure we get flow in the AV and VV consistently because of the retention lake that was built several years ago at Alamo power plant. Even if water does not flow in from Bako over the Tehachapis the retention lake can be drawn down to keep flow moving in the East Branch (AV, VV). It then can get replenished overnight from Bako water flowing again.

I too noticed earlier this year when I was in Bako that it would have flow at some spots and no flow after but when I got to the AV, it was flowing and never shut down. The shut down section seems to be just on the other side of the Tehachapis at or before Edmonston Pumping Plant. They probably run it at night to get cheaper energy rates cause that sucker is doing a lot of pumping through the mountain to get it to the other side. Demad is lower this time of year and they can just pump at night to save some money. Just some educated guesses on my part but seem to make sense.

FishingwithDave
11-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Yup, south of Mettler.

archer
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
do you ever fish wind gap ?

tpfishnfool
11-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Back side of the Ikea Dist center had action according to some guys in the bako area last night. Blood worms and liver. Hate the bait deal but use whatever it takes i guess..