PDA

View Full Version : The skinny on irvine 11-5

E.A.R.G.
11-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Official opening day was a far cry from V.I.P day!

Due to a tremendous increase in fishing pressure, the fish were a lot more finicky today! The line hit about 100 cars by around 10 P.M, and by 6 A.M, all the lines were full with dozens more going into the overflow.

The increased amount of traffic put the fish into less of a feeding mode than the day before.

Shore fishing was tough, but most anglers who were fishing hard were able to score 1-2 fish.

Biggest fish on the stringer that I saw today was caught by Aaron (Killa fish taco) of bite on Garlic, who caught his 6.5 lb fish on nightcrawler doused in bite on garlic, fishing just to the left of the launch ramp.

The general size of the fish has been impressive to say the least! The trout were averaging between 2-3 pounds with many in the 4-5 pound class.

The best action has been hands down with the trollers. Trollers were still able to scratch easy limits even with the increased pressure.

Many float tubers were also having success throwing hardware as well.

The west shore is closed to all foot/car traffic, and the only way to fish it is from a boat. Bait fishing west shore proved to be productive, as well as the inlet to woody's cove.

Water condition was stained with a visibility of about 3 feet.

A lot of brown trout, some very good grade, can be seen cruising the shoreline chasing baby bass and shad.

gavin310
11-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice going Adrian!

MAVERICK27
11-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Its Aaron actually. Thanks for the heads up! The Vine has no control over the whther or not the fish bite, but looks like everyone got on fish though. I'm still waiting to see if I want to brave the crowds to bass fish there tomorrow.

troutdog
11-05-2010, 01:56 PM
The general size of the fish has been impressive to say the least! The trout were averaging between 2-3 pounds with many in the 4-5 pound class.

Thanks for pointing that out, some people who weren't there ***umed people were culling out the dinks(which quite honestly were few and far between from what I saw) Wtg on the killer grade of fish Irvine Lake!

Great 411....soo what did you finish up with yourself EARG?

Nice report.

TD

Rooster
11-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm still waiting to see if I want to brave the crowds to bass fish there tomorrow.
Whats a bass?
I hear ya Mav, I much rather catch a 1 lb bass compaired to the 3-6 lb trout everyone else is catching :Neener Neener:
Your sicker then i thought bro :Shocked:

E.A.R.G.
11-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, some people who weren't there ***umed people were culling out the dinks(which quite honestly were few and far between from what I saw) Wtg on the killer grade of fish Irvine Lake!

Great 411....soo what did you finish up with yourself EARG?

Nice report.

TD

Hey TD
I got 1 on a white w/ yellow tip mini jig. Farmed one on the bait. Left early, I'm a total weak sauce that can't stand too much heat. haha
Heard you killed it yesterday! Aaron said you were smashing it in woody's!

Its Aaron actually. Thanks for the heads up! The Vine has no control over the whther or not the fish bite, but looks like everyone got on fish though. I'm still waiting to see if I want to brave the crowds to bass fish there tomorrow.

Ooh thanks for the name correction.
Yea definitely, lots of good quality fish went in. You can see them boiling and cruising all over!

MAVERICK27
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Haha, Rooster you suck!! I had my share of 5, 6 and 7 Lbrs this year, so i'm hooked even on the days I fall short. Don't worry, i'll fish for trout too. I just think the bass will still be on the shad for a week or two. So I wanna get some of that, the trout will be there for us :)

Besides, I have to switch to Bass cuz you keep kicking my butt trout fishing haha.

Rooster
11-05-2010, 02:29 PM
LMAO Chris u da man.. Lets Fish

Seņor.Chilax
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Thank you for the heads up E.A.R.G... Hopefully they get hungry over night and munch on my bait tomorrow.