PDA

View Full Version : new member with questions

Rick Jones
07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I made a request on father' day -- let my family know that I wanted a pontoon boat with all the goodies
the last few weeks have been great for me
1st came an Outfitter 300 boat -- then a motor guide(salt water)46 lb motor -- then deep cycle 185 battery -- then hodgman waders with boots and fins( for when the water cools ) -- I just know that rod storage and rod holders are next
anyway QUESTIONS
1) because I plan on useing the motor-- how do you guys show your numbers- how do you attach them to your boat
2) any idea how long my battery will last when motor is in constant use
3) any of you guys ever use these on the Colorado River lakes -- if so where etc.
UPS just droped off a new fishing buddy 4200 fish finder -- any ideas on how to attach this thing to my boat
anyway I will try this boat out for the 1st time next week at either Perris or Corona
thanks in advance for your suggestions and help

Ronira
07-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Congrats Rick, your going to love the new toy. I have an ODC 1018. Most of the guys I've seen put their numbers on a light piece of wood and hang it from the frame someplace with a couple of ties. As far as the battery goes it depends on use vs. battery quality. My motor is a 36 lb Minnkota and my battery came from Wallmart and I have not run it dead yet. Not even close to dead actually. The only time it slows down at all is when I run it on high for a long time and that's not to often. You should be good all day no problem. With your fish finder it's going to depend what your frame is like and how crafty you are. There are a couple of threads here that have some great photos of kickboats that would give some ideas. Also you can check out the Bass-N-Tubes website for a ton of info. Here is apic of my boat and if you look behind the tail of the fish you can see the clamp of my fishing buddy 2202 on the piece of wood. That's attached to the standing platform in front of the seat. Hope this helps and welcome to the board. If you want fish sometime give a shout. Peace Ron