PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Lakers thread...the road to 3peat!

troutdog
11-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Looking strong right out the gate...less then 4 losses before X-mas is a reality, DAMN they look good so far! Bring on the Celtics(yes they deserve to be mentioned before Miami), bring on the Heat....BRING IT!!!!!

Pretty cool that Artest is raffling off his ring and donating the proceeds to charity. I know he is a little quirky to say the least, but this speaks volumes
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/11366/details-set-for-ron-artests-ring-auction

So what do you think of this bling Doc Rivers? :Wink:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/LakersChampionshipRing2009.jpg

Pretty cool holiday tribute, someone has some carving skillz!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Lakerpumpkin.jpg

GO LAKERS!!!

TD

DarkShadow
11-04-2010, 10:37 AM
They look like the league's most complete team. I think the Celtics will meet their maker during the playoffs due to the feared back-to-back games that their old people can't handle. I think Miami will have fresher legs during that point in time.

More importantly, what's the over/under on when Matt Barnes goes Ron Artest (pre-meds) on a fan, opponent, teammate, referee or significant other?

murrieta angler
11-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Lakers are definateley the team to beat....who r the heat....:Cool::Big Grin:

GO LAKERS!!!!

Hometown
11-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Yea there looking good so far but i think we need a healthy bynum to 3 peat
looking strong right out the gate...less then 4 losses before x-mas is a reality, damn they look good so far! Bring on the celtics(yes they deserve to be mentioned before miami), bring on the heat....bring it!!!!!

Pretty cool that artest is raffling off his ring and donating the proceeds to charity. I know he is a little quirky to say the least, but this speaks volumes
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/11366/details-set-for-ron-artests-ring-auction

so what do you think of this bling doc rivers? :wink:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/lakerschampionshipring2009.jpg

pretty cool holiday tribute, someone has some carving skillz!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/lakerpumpkin.jpg

go lakers!!!

td

The Angler
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Well it looks like all the sports fans on Fnn finally have a team we all like and love lol. All I can say is the lake show is looking pretty legit right now 7-0 and it doesnt look like theres anyone thats gonna stop them soon. I was iffy about the pick up of Steve Blake but damn hes earning my respect as a laker man that guy can shoot a 3. Did some one mention the Heat? Who are they?

Señor.Chilax
11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
The only heat I know is the one coming off The Lakers cause they're on FIRE! :ROFL:

troutdog
11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Well it looks like all the sports fans on Fnn finally have a team we all like and love lol.

I would like a buck for every person I know who says they like the Lakers/yankees and 9ers/cowboys/steelers...go figure! :LOL:

TD

The Angler
11-22-2010, 01:27 PM
I would like a buck for every person I know who says they like the Lakers/yankees and 9ers/cowboys/steelers...go figure! :LOL:

TD

alot of people you know sure must have good taste liking the 9ers,Lakers, and Yanks lol. Well so far I can honestly say I think the lakers got it locked down this year for the title again. The just look so unstopable right now the bench is playing great.

tailchaser001
11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Yep....Lakers are looking better than the last season with the new arrivals. Should clear the West and meet Boston or Miami in the finals.

Big Daddy
11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry Boy's but were not all Laker Fans

jim young
11-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Thats a shame. Clippers?

troutdog
12-31-2010, 12:01 AM
The ugly 3 game losing streak is over and although the transition to "Bynum Time" is going to be bumpy at first, its going to pay off come playoff time. All star play from Lamar coming off the bench has certainly done the Lakers right the past two seasons.

TD

Trout 1
12-31-2010, 12:05 AM
one word fellas! CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hometown
01-02-2011, 12:47 AM
I hear that TD with a healthy Bynum and LO COMMING OFF THE BENCH means 3 PEAT.
The ugly 3 game losing streak is over and although the transition to "Bynum Time" is going to be bumpy at first, its going to pay off come playoff time. All star play from Lamar coming off the bench has certainly done the Lakers right the past two seasons.

TD

Hitts0n
01-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Lakers 0wn !!

BigBassHogExpert
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
As a Laker fan I hate to say it, but they have no shot this year. It will either be San Antonio, Boston or Miami winning it all. All of the aformentioned teams have already clearly demonstrated they are superior to the Lakers in all aspects and simply have too much talent.

troutdog
01-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Lakers set a franchise record for keeping the Cavs to 57 points....wtg Lake Show!

As a Laker fan I hate to say it, but they have no shot this year. It will either be San Antonio, Boston or Miami winning it all. All of the aformentioned teams have already clearly demonstrated they are superior to the Lakers in all aspects and simply have too much talent.

As a Laker fan you should also realize it is not how you start, it is how you finish. When was the last time the Lakers didn't start slow or play down to their opponents level until after Feb or March? Do you really think the Lakers have "no shot"? More "superior an all aspects" compared to Kobe, Pau, Bynum(if healthy), a playoff tested D-Fish and clutch shooting Artest....oh and the best 6th man in the league Odom? That doesn't compare even as reigning back to back champs? :Confused: Phil Jackson will have this team primed and ready when it comes down to crunch time. I really can't see the Lakers losing in a 7 game series against the Spurs(or anyone else in the West for that matter) so let the Celts and Heat beat on eachother for 6+ games and bring'em on, keep the faith dude :Wink:

TD

Trout 1
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM

We got it this year (Celtics) the FakeShow might as well give up now!!!!!!

Andrew

troutdog
01-11-2011, 10:19 PM
"Fake Show" this Andrew! :Secret:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/nba2010.jpg

TD

Trout 1
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
"Fake Show" this Andrew! :Secret:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/nba2010.jpg

TD

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/29326_1373539140168_1282493239_3105.jpg

U wanna play image war TD!?!?! haha

troutdog
01-11-2011, 10:42 PM
That picture looks a bit dated to me, nice find while diggin through the archives! :LOL:

Back to Back reigning champs, enough said?

TD

Trout 1
01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
hey Faker Fans you guys might need this to cry on when your team is getting there butt kicked!!!!

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/LakersSuck.jpg

:Twisted::Big Grin::Twisted:

bubbaku$h
01-14-2011, 04:22 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:LUpBjcEbVRb5yM:http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/lalakerfan32/rondokobe2.jpg&t=1

3 peat coming!

I'll be at the game tonight. Got to welcome Farmar and Sasha to the Staples Center.

5BassReaper7
01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Lets GO LAKERS!!!!! 3Peat !!!

Hometown
01-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Like I said a healthy Bynum and the 3 peat is on. GO LAKERS
Yea there looking good so far but i think we need a healthy bynum to 3 peat

bman90278
01-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Like I said a healthy Bynum and the 3 peat is on. GO LAKERS

Lifelong Lakers fan here and I gotta say, it's going to take a healthy Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and Artest too.
I think the Lakers will have to 100% healthy and playing awesome on both sides of the ball.

brian

Big Daddy
01-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Thats a shame. Clippers?

What do you think now Mr. Young. I hope your not the first off the band wagon. The very team you had to mention tore them up. GO Clips, did you see that game my friend.:LOL:

jim young
01-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Are you kidding? I am a die hard Laker fan since birth. They have won enough for me to last my life time. Are you into art? If so, stop by the Staples Center and enjoy the fine tapestries inside the building. There is enough for all to enjoy. I predicted the Trippers to beat the Lakers this weekend bud. I will admit though,I have fear for them this season after a great start! peace out Big Daddy Kane..

stepchild
01-17-2011, 08:32 AM
wow ..the flippers puttin the smack down to the flakers...ouch.lakers are in for a long season,cant beat any body with a good record and have a hard time with sub 500 teams.that is not what u call a road to a three peat...any top teams in the east will smash the lakers,and san antonio,cant be beat right now!!!wth..

jim young
01-17-2011, 08:49 AM
so who is your team? Are you a Heat Boy?

stepchild
01-17-2011, 09:40 AM
so who is your team? Are you a Heat Boy?im a bulls fan,,,buddy.i dont jump on band wagon...you know the team that beat the heat sat..

jim young
01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
don't sweat it bro, Chit-cago going nowhere.

Hometown
01-17-2011, 10:36 AM
I agree 100% Im just pointing out Bynum becouse he has yet stayed healthy.
Lifelong Lakers fan here and I gotta say, it's going to take a healthy Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and Artest too.
I think the Lakers will have to 100% healthy and playing awesome on both sides of the ball.

brian

stepchild
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
don't sweat it bro, Chit-cago going nowhere.

dont be surprised!!,they look alot better than the flake show..and were not healthy still winning,,,top teams not just sub 500...

billy b
01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Long time Laker fan here ... we'll lose it because of giant ego Derek ... who can't shoot except near the end ... when some commentator should say, "It's about time" He's about the worst shooter on the team ... yet he always is wanting to be interviewed ... thinks he's something because he's the shop steward ... etc.
Blake is amounting to nothing. Ko-me is over the hill. Just listen to the reporters.

Big Daddy
01-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Long time Laker fan here ... we'll lose it because of giant ego Derek ... who can't shoot except near the end ... when some commentator should say, "It's about time" He's about the worst shooter on the team ... yet he always is wanting to be interviewed ... thinks he's something because he's the shop steward ... etc.
Blake is amounting to nothing. Ko-me is over the hill. Just listen to the reporters.

Right on the money Brother Billy B. I hope your beautiful wife is doing good my friend.

troutdog
01-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Derek Fish is fine for now, with all the games he has won in the clutch during playoff time he's paid his dues as vet...I don't see him as a distraction(see regular season record so far and past two year's end result)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mav2iBA1cwo

Kobe looked Jordan-esque at times tonight against OKC(I hope you saw the game), leading the team to victory(oh and the past two NBA titles)....I'll still take an "over the hill" Kobe with a maligned pinky, a cast on his shooting hand and his bone on bone rubbing knee over 98% of the players in the NBA(Lebron and perhaps Durant and only because of their age)

Right on the money Brother Billy B.

Billy when you got Big Daddy agreeing, thats when you really gotta start thinking twice about what you're saying :LOL:

TD

Big Daddy
01-17-2011, 11:50 PM
TD your really something buddy.

troutdog
01-18-2011, 12:28 AM
TD your really something buddy.

That leaves alot to fill in the blank with :LOL: Hope you are well BD, it's been forever dude....see you Sunday with egg McMuffin in hand? :Wink:

TD

bubbaku$h
01-28-2011, 11:38 AM

D Fish does have a big ego as he should(5 time champ) He's not the best shooting pg out there but is a proven key factor to a good team(look at what he did with Utah when he had to get medical help for his daughter). There is a reason the Heat went after him in the off season:Wink:

Blake is a good set PG that understands the game as he is still learning the Lakers offense, I think he's pretty good.

Kobe over the hill? :EyePop: Look at all the injuries he's playing with and still keeping the lakers as one of the elite teams in the NBA. You ask any coach in the NBA who would they want on their team to win a ring and I bet they pick kobe.

DarkShadow
01-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Kobe over the hill? :EyePop: Look at all the injuries he's playing with and still keeping the lakers as one of the elite teams in the NBA. You ask any coach in the NBA who would they want on their team to win a ring and I bet they pick kobe.

I think the fact the injuries are become more common is a good indicator that he is no longer the Kobe of old. But, as he matures, he is beginning to adjust his game.

He's become more of a jump shooter now, instead of driving down the lane like he used to. A lot of people have noticed he no longer gets the same foul calls as he used to, but he's simply not driving to the basket anymore. This can be a side effect of him not having the same legs as he did in his youth.

Is he still a top tier NBA player? Of course. But, we have to come to a realization that he's had to adjust his game because of the fact he's getting older.

bubbaku$h
01-28-2011, 02:36 PM
I think the fact the injuries are become more common is a good indicator that he is no longer the Kobe of old. But, as he matures, he is beginning to adjust his game.

He's become more of a jump shooter now, instead of driving down the lane like he used to. A lot of people have noticed he no longer gets the same foul calls as he used to, but he's simply not driving to the basket anymore. This can be a side effect of him not having the same legs as he did in his youth.

Is he still a top tier NBA player? Of course. But, we have to come to a realization that he's had to adjust his game because of the fact he's getting older.

I agree he has a lot of games and years under his belt and has changed his game up to be able to make it through the season and be effective in the playoffs. I still don't consider him over the hill as some say. When I hear over the hill I think of players like - vince carter, shawn marion, rip hamilton, tracy mcgrady, juwan howard....(allen Iverson lol)

Kobe not getting to the line as much is one of the reasons I think the lakers D has gone down.

stepchild
01-31-2011, 07:37 AM
i hear alot of faker fans dropping off the laker bandwagon.....thud!!!!....never mind the arse kicking that they took from boston yesterday!!!!what happened to friday night against the sacremento kings!!! the third worst team in the N.B.A...ouch,,,,dont tell me its not the playoffs yet!!blahblahblah..i know you faker fans are nervous.....

bubbaku$h
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
i hear alot of faker fans dropping off the laker bandwagon.....thud!!!!....never mind the arse kicking that they took from boston yesterday!!!!what happened to friday night against the sacremento kings!!! the third worst team in the N.B.A...ouch,,,,dont tell me its not the playoffs yet!!blahblahblah..i know you faker fans are nervous.....

Nervous? :ROFL: Back 2 Back champs. Lakers are still the team to beat. I wouldn't be talking about the lakers loosing some easy ones when chi lost their fair share games to sorry teams. 1-2 vs boston may I add :whistle: which is the team chi town has to beat to meet the lakers in the finals (wont happen)

stepchild
01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Nervous? :ROFL: Back 2 Back champs. Lakers are still the team to beat. I wouldn't be talking about the lakers loosing some easy ones when chi lost their fair share games to sorry teams. 1-2 vs boston may I add :whistle: which is the team chi town has to beat to meet the lakers in the finals (wont happen)

yeah but you guys are healthy,chicago is tied for second best record in the east.and were not healthy yet!!!also we are beating teams that are over 500...and beating teams that were supposed to beat,,,defending chumps,are not supposed to lose to sub par 500,,espec the kings....lol.at HOME!!!!

DarkShadow
01-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't be talking about the lakers loosing some easy ones when chi lost their fair share games to sorry teams.

The 'ole "Well yeah?!?! Well your team sucks more" argument.

Now I know the LakeShow is in trouble when THAT argument has to be used this time of year.

Le'sigh.

I think the Lakers, like some fans, are also resting on their laurels, and think David Stern is going to hand them the Larry O'Brien trophy because of what they did in years past? Don't think that's how it quite works.

stepchild
01-31-2011, 01:44 PM
The 'ole "Well yeah?!?! Well your team sucks more" argument.

Now I know the LakeShow is in trouble when THAT argument has to be used this time of year.

Le'sigh.

I think the Lakers, like some fans, are also resting on their laurels, and think David Stern is going to hand them the Larry O'Brien trophy because of what they did in years past? Don't think that's how it quite works.

thanks DS..somebody sees what i see...kobe wanted that win yesterday,,talking smack,waving his head no,and lose.....its not even allstar break...there gonna need home court adv to get to the finals,,,,that might not be enough....lol

bubbaku$h
01-31-2011, 02:15 PM
I brought up your team not playing so good because you were talking about the champs. Laker haters know the lakers are a threat. Still no worries on my side I don't know about other laker fans out there. Bulls wont make it out the east though.

DarkShadow
01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
I brought up your team not playing so good because you were talking about the champs.

So, wait. You brought up another team even though the poster was talking about the champs? I could see bringing the Bulls into the discussion if the response would have mentioned the Bulls, but as you said, he was only talking about The Champs.

Laker haters know the lakers are a threat. Still no worries on my side I don't know about other laker fans out there. Bulls wont make it out the east though.

Of course, any team that makes the playoffs can be considered a threat. But, after their performance against Boston yesterday, and their performances against other +.500 teams, the threat level is currently at green.

http://www.davidhenderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dhs-threat-315x450.jpg

I am concerned about two aspects of their game as of late.

1. Defense.

While some teams are already playing playoff type defenses, the Lakers still can't defend a simple pick and roll. Unless there is a switch in the back of the players bodies labeled DEFENSE that is currently set to "OFF," I can't foresee this team deciding to just 'turn it on' during the playoffs. Phil can keep on harping that these games don't count.

2. No Heart

What's up with the Lakers not caring about these important games? It almost seems the zen-like "Not Caring" attitude that Phil Jackson exudes is trickling down to the players. I've never seen so many smirks and general 'not caring' attitudes in the locker room during interviews after the Miami beat down on Xmas day and yesterday's loss against Boston. I feel sorry for the fans who paid 4x the face value for the Miami and Boston games to sit in the rafters and watch their team not care and get thoroughly out played.

Unless they can find their Heart like the TinMan in Oz, it may be an early exit this year, and hopefully doesn't happen at home, or else some trash cans and windows in downtown are in trouble.

bubbaku$h
01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
So, wait. You brought up another team even though the poster was talking about the champs? I could see bringing the Bulls into the discussion if the response would have mentioned the Bulls, but as you said, he was only talking about The Champs.

What am I supposed to say? They just dropped 2 in a row....

Of course, any team that makes the playoffs can be considered a threat. But, after their performance against Boston yesterday, and their performances against other +.500 teams, the threat level is currently at green.

http://www.davidhenderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dhs-threat-315x450.jpg

I disagree, I mean a threat to win a championship not just knock out a team and make it the next round.

I am concerned about two aspects of their game as of late.

1. Defense.

While some teams are already playing playoff type defenses, the Lakers still can't defend a simple pick and roll. Unless there is a switch in the back of the players bodies labeled DEFENSE that is currently set to "OFF," I can't foresee this team deciding to just 'turn it on' during the playoffs. Phil can keep on harping that these games don't count.

2. No Heart

What's up with the Lakers not caring about these important games? It almost seems the zen-like "Not Caring" attitude that Phil Jackson exudes is trickling down to the players. I've never seen so many smirks and general 'not caring' attitudes in the locker room during interviews after the Miami beat down on Xmas day and yesterday's loss against Boston. I feel sorry for the fans who paid 4x the face value for the Miami and Boston games to sit in the rafters and watch their team not care and get thoroughly out played.

Unless they can find their Heart like the TinMan in Oz, it may be an early exit this year, and hopefully doesn't happen at home, or else some trash cans and windows in downtown are in trouble.

Defense and heart has been questionable this year, but there is still a lot of the season left. Some of the things being said this year were said last year and we all know what happened....

jim young
01-31-2011, 08:12 PM
YES...We all know what happened last year. Boston had it all locked up and beating the Lakers at staples in game 7 of the finals....And what happened? Oh ya, The champs came back and won another championship.

troutdog
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
I think the Lakers, like some fans, are also resting on their laurels

Laker brass doesn't seem content with resting on their laurels, and that's ultimately what counts.
Mitch Kupchak:

“Regarding a trade, I may have to. I’m not saying that I’ve made calls today or I’ll make them tomorrow. But I just don’t think that we’re playing as well as our talent level should allow us.”

“I try to be as objective as possible, but I’m concerned that our performance is not living up to our talent level. Our record is certainly OK. But we’ve lost a bunch of home games. We’ve lost a couple of big games at home. And to me, those are red flags.”

For the full article...
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/31/lakers.kupchak/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Don't think for a second the Lakers are going to be content just coasting into the playoffs and hope things magically fix themselves....

TD

stepchild
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
YES...We all know what happened last year. Boston had it all locked up and beating the Lakers at staples in game 7 of the finals....And what happened? Oh ya, The champs came back and won another championship.

remember the lakers had coasted into the finals last year,they didnt play any big teams,jazz,suns,and ok.....then perkins got hurt in game 6.....now boston is stacked ,down low,,shaq,perkins,garnett(healthy),another oneal..all 7ftrs...pau,and bynum,in trouble IF they make it.....so its gonna be interesting in the playoff....if the chumps dont have home court i dont think they have a chance......jmho

TroutOnly
02-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey t/d all i can is s-f-giants,,,,,,,and sit on the pillow,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,

bubbaku$h
02-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Laker brass doesn't seem content with resting on their laurels, and that's ultimately what counts.
Mitch Kupchak:

“Regarding a trade, I may have to. I’m not saying that I’ve made calls today or I’ll make them tomorrow. But I just don’t think that we’re playing as well as our talent level should allow us.”

“I try to be as objective as possible, but I’m concerned that our performance is not living up to our talent level. Our record is certainly OK. But we’ve lost a bunch of home games. We’ve lost a couple of big games at home. And to me, those are red flags.”

For the full article...
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/31/lakers.kupchak/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Don't think for a second the Lakers are going to be content just coasting into the playoffs and hope things magically fix themselves....

TD

TD

Time for Artest to kick rocks for sure. I'd go with trading Artest and Gasol while they can still get quality players for them (most of the value on Gasol) Gasol plays like if he's happy with his two rings I say trade for his brother:Twisted:

stepchild
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
didnt the lakers have him b4 they traded him to memphis

bubbaku$h
02-01-2011, 01:57 PM
didnt the lakers have him b4 they traded him to memphis

Yeah, I like how his brother plays (physical player) He'd fit in good in the lineup with bynum and odom.(with artest traded)

DarkShadow
02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Mitch Kupchak:
I try to be as objective as possible, but I’m concerned that our performance is not living up to our talent level. Our record is certainly OK. But we’ve lost a bunch of home games. We’ve lost a couple of big games at home. And to me, those are red flags.”

TD

For some strange reason, that Kupchak quote falls into the "What Else Is He Supposed To Say, Dude's Gotta Save His Job" category.

That's the same recycled quote any GM in any sport uses when their highly touted and high expensive team begins performing the way the Lakers are performing.

Unfortunately, Kupchak isn't running the floor. Hopefully, though, he can put pressure on the individuals he has on the roster now to start performing like their salaries dictate, and stop standing around waiting for Kome to win their games by himself.

Because if they can't, like Kobe once said

"SHIP HIS A&S OUT!"

(Maybe he WAS right) :Wink:

http://thekobevideo.blogspot.com/2007/11/official-kobe-video.html

troutdog
02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
For some strange reason, that Kupchak quote falls into the "What Else Is He Supposed To Say, Dude's Gotta Save His Job" category.

That's the same recycled quote any GM in any sport uses when their highly touted and high expensive team begins performing the way the Lakers are performing.

So if they pull the trigger on a trade with impact, can we officially dismiss the recycled quote theory?

TD

DarkShadow
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
So if they pull the trigger on a trade with impact, can we officially dismiss the recycled quote theory?

TD

It's not a theory. Just pointing out yet another hackneyed expression.

If they pull off a trade with impact, I'll be extremely surprised. They key word being, 'impact.'

IMO, the only reason Kupchak said what he said was to light a fire under the cast of players around Kobe. It's covered in the 3rd week of GMing 101, under the "What To Do When Your Team Isn't Performing" topic on the syllabus.

If they suddenly think their jobs are in jeopardy, they'll suddenly find the ON button.

All we need now is some "Closed Door Players Only Soul Searching Meetings" and possibly some inner-tension to "Bring The Team Together."

In any case, Thursday's game is going to be very telling. I hope we massacre the Spurs, but if we fall short, I hope PhilJackCo™ doesn't continue the "wait till the playoffs start" talk.

troutdog
02-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Matt Barnes getting hurt has made Artest complacent imo....yeah I don't want to "rest my laurels" on the old, flip of the switch theory either.

Just finished watching "Golden Days, Purple Knights" highlighting the Lakers during late 70s/early 80s....awesome, I think Magic will ALWAYS be my favorite Laker aside from Mike Smrek of course :Secret:

TD

stepchild
02-02-2011, 06:53 AM
It's not a theory. Just pointing out yet another hackneyed expression.

If they pull off a trade with impact, I'll be extremely surprised. They key word being, 'impact.'

IMO, the only reason Kupchak said what he said was to light a fire under the cast of players around Kobe. It's covered in the 3rd week of GMing 101, under the "What To Do When Your Team Isn't Performing" topic on the syllabus.

If they suddenly think their jobs are in jeopardy, they'll suddenly find the ON button.

All we need now is some "Closed Door Players Only Soul Searching Meetings" and possibly some inner-tension to "Bring The Team Together."

In any case, Thursday's game is going to be very telling. I hope we massacre the Spurs, but if we fall short, I hope PhilJackCo™ doesn't continue the "wait till the playoffs start" talk.

i think its time for phil to go...he doesnt show the emotion any more...he hardly gets out of his chair.he's ruffled artest,odom,and gasol......kobe is doing the best he can,i give him that,,but they look tired and old...kobe has lost a step..i remember 2years ago,u couldnt stay in front of him,now i see avg defenders staying in front of him....i mean ot at home against the rockets...i mean cmon....i think lakers fans dont want to see the end...its the same thing with me when mike walked away from the BULLS....but BULLS have them the new MVP in MR DERRICK ROSE!!!!...possible....finals this year!!!!!....we match up good with boston,its the orlando magic that scare me......maybe??????

stepchild
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM
wow!!! the lakers lost again...that 3 out of the last 4,,and it took overtime to beat the rockets.....ouch...i know there is some jumping off the wagon going on here!!!!!!lol

Big Daddy
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
wow!!! the lakers lost again...that 3 out of the last 4,,and it took overtime to beat the rockets.....ouch...i know there is some jumping off the wagon going on here!!!!!!lol

:ROFL: I am sure you are right. Time to (oh I'm not going to say it).

DarkShadow
02-04-2011, 04:36 PM
It's ok, wait till the playoffs, right?

Right?!

And Lamar, way to box out old man McDyess on the missed shot from Duncan. Somebody must have had a bag of candy in the court side seats.

bubbaku$h
02-04-2011, 07:53 PM
It's ok, wait till the playoffs, right?

Right?!

And Lamar, way to box out old man McDyess on the missed shot from Duncan. Somebody must have had a bag of candy in the court side seats.

That was a hard loss to take in :Head Bang:

Lakers fell asleep at the end, how do you let them get 4 attempts in the final seconds? :Head Bang: Grab the damn rebound!

stepchild
02-17-2011, 07:52 AM
all i heard is that the lakers are back,after the win in boston,......wtf happened!!!!! now its wait till the playoffs........all i can say is ouch!!!! wtg CLEVELAND!!!!!! put the hurting on the lakers!!!!!kobe almost had a triple double he just needed 3 more turnovers...lmao!!!!!...derek fisher needs to retire....some guy came off the bench and ripped him a new one 30 something points.....i seen kobe being burnt on the defensive side and let gasol get posterized!!!!.....alot wtf's going on in lakerland,,,,peeps are jumping off the bandwagon........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jumpman
02-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Lakers are burnt toast, if you wanna watch a real time go green. I was happy i got to be at staple center when we trashed lakers in front of all of they're crying fans. The only thing they are good for is ending sorry teams loosing streaks....... watch this year, we are healthy. we are not loosing anyone this year.

troutdog
02-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Lakers are burnt toast, if you wanna watch a real time go green. I was happy i got to be at staple center when we trashed lakers in front of all of they're crying fans. The only thing they are good for is ending sorry teams loosing streaks....... watch this year, we are healthy. we are not loosing anyone this year.

Too bad you couldn't attend the game at the Garden :Wink:

Don't sleep on the champs celtic fans, worry about the heat/knicks/bulls before you start making plans to represent the East!

TD

DarkShadow
02-22-2011, 08:28 PM
watch this year, we are healthy. we are not loosing anyone this year.

Are you referring to the injury riddled Celtics?

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=forsberg_chris&id=6020866

Trout 1
02-22-2011, 10:37 PM
the title of this thread should be changed to 2010 Lakers thread....the dead end road to nothing! bahahahahaha!!!! GO CELTICS!!

Andrew...

troutdog
02-23-2011, 12:04 AM
the title of this thread should be changed to 2010 Lakers thread....the dead end road to nothing! bahahahahaha!!!! GO CELTICS!!

Andrew...

Changed "to" or from? spazz :LOL:

Looking forward to rubbing this post in your face a couple months from now Andrew! :Twisted:

BACK TO BACK CHAMPS

TD

Trout 1
02-23-2011, 03:07 AM
PSsssSHHHshhhhhSSShhhh we will see about that!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! all you Faker fan HAVE to be honest...you guys arent playing worth **** right now...

Andrew

cutbait
02-23-2011, 06:02 AM
PSsssSHHHshhhhhSSShhhh we will see about that!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! all you Faker fan HAVE to be honest...you guys arent playing worth **** right now...

Andrew

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/16050/lakers-92-celtics-86-at-the-buzzer

stepchild
02-23-2011, 07:01 AM

Don't sleep on the champs celtic fans, worry about the heat/knicks/bulls before you start making plans to represent the East!

TDi agree with you!!mr noah is back,and the bulls are finaly healthy.....we match up great with the celtics....i would love to see bulls celts eastern conf finals..that would be great bball....both teams great team def...

stepchild
02-23-2011, 07:04 AM

TD

i watched that celtics game,celts were undermanned big time........but i also watched the orlando game,charlotte,and the cavs game...and all i can say is ouch!!!!!!!!!

jumpman
02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Are you referring to the injury riddled Celtics?

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=forsberg_chris&id=6020866

im talking about loosing perkins lol

jumpman
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
i agree with you!!mr noah is back,and the bulls are finaly healthy.....we match up great with the celtics....i would love to see bulls celts eastern conf finals..that would be great bball....both teams great team def...

Are you a bulls fan? if so i will give you that rose is amazing.

DarkShadow
02-23-2011, 02:18 PM
im talking about loosing perkins lol

I think with the parade of Celtics that have been walking around in crutches throughout the season so far, Perkins is not the only person you need to worry about pulling their fallopian tube and not being able to play during the Playoffs.

I actually do hope that the Celtics go into the playoffs completely healthy, so that I don't have to hear Doc Rivers making excuses on why they couldn't win, yet again. But i'm sure he'll find an excuse, like, "the sun was in our eyes."

Can't wait...the fun is just about to start.

jumpman
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
this was a great day,thought i would share =).....

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5295/5472348416_77a67b868e_z.jpg

i really like this picture.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5257/5472348304_9d0246a875_b.jpg

stepchild
02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Are you a bulls fan? if so i will give you that rose is amazing.

i am a bulls fan!!!!!!!.b4 mike started winning championships.and hung onto them when we had the likes of ron mercer,elton brand.brent barry..i know alot of bandwagon bulls fan,,,,when mike came back from retirement and joined the wizards,not me,stuck it out with my bulls.now is our time....were very close to winning a championship....surprised alot of teams and people with the way were playing....go bulls

jumpman
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
i am a bulls fan!!!!!!!.b4 mike started winning championships.and hung onto them when we had the likes of ron mercer,elton brand.brent barry..i know alot of bandwagon bulls fan,,,,when mike came back from retirement and joined the wizards,not me,stuck it out with my bulls.now is our time....were very close to winning a championship....surprised alot of teams and people with the way were playing....go bulls

MUCH RESPECT BRO!!!! i am in the same boat, honestly growing up i liked Jordan, infact i am tring to get tickets to his charity golf event, i liked magic but i Loved the hick from french lick..... LARRY BIRD. as a kid i loved watching him and his threes and clutch perfomances. i fell away from nba for a while and when i came back in i stayed with celts.... not alot of people do this, just like you with the wizards i could have went with him to pacers since it is now his affiliation. good luck

jumpman
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
I think with the parade of Celtics that have been walking around in crutches throughout the season so far, Perkins is not the only person you need to worry about pulling their fallopian tube and not being able to play during the Playoffs.

I actually do hope that the Celtics go into the playoffs completely healthy, so that I don't have to hear Doc Rivers making excuses on why they couldn't win, yet again. But i'm sure he'll find an excuse, like, "the sun was in our eyes."

Can't wait...the fun is just about to start.

LMAO............ Yeah lakers are so healthy. kobe is injured non stop, had surgery, bynum is always crapped out on his knee and contsantly all players are complaining

troutdog
02-23-2011, 11:42 PM
i watched that celtics game,celts were undermanned big time........but i also watched the orlando game,charlotte,and the cavs game...and all i can say is ouch!!!!!!!!!

Tough road trip, no reason to lose to the Cavs....I think that was Cleveland's season though, meanwhile the Lakers come home to smack around a solid Hawks team and beat the Blazers at the Rose Garden.

With the big three going to Miami, now Melo to the Knick and Deron Williams to the Nets... this season is not without drama or storylines. The playoffs are going to be INTENSE this year. The East keeps getting better and better, will it be enough?

TD

jumpman
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Tough road trip, no reason to lose to the Cavs....I think that was Cleveland's season though, meanwhile the Lakers come home to smack around a solid Hawks team and beat the Blazers at the Rose Garden.

With the big three going to Miami, now Melo to the Knick and Deron Williams to the Nets... this season is not without drama or storylines. The playoffs are going to be INTENSE this year. The East keeps getting better and better, will it be enough?

TD

BRO REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAY????? all the tallent was in the west. What happened? the teams have evolved so much in the east it is scary.

Hometown
02-23-2011, 11:53 PM

TDTHATS RIGHT TD i WAS ABLE TO GET 2 TICKETS TO LAST NIGHTS HAWK GAME WENT WITH MY SON GREAT TIME BLOW OUT GAME . LET THE EAST BEAT EACH OTHER UP LAKERS NEED TO GET PAST THE WEST AND FINISH OFF WHO EVER IS LEFT IN THE EAST

stepchild
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM

TD
i think theres 2 teams in the east tha can beat the lakers....the celt,and miami..i dont think my bulls are there yet,we need a solid 2guard,and then i think its on.

jim young
02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
jumpman,where is the pic of you after the game 7 loss in the FINALS with that towel wrapped around your neck?

Go Bulls! GOING NOWHERE.

jumpman
02-24-2011, 11:34 AM
WOW did it take you all day to think of this wonderful comment. no i dont have a pic of this funny guy. do you have a pic of you watching game 7 on the couch wearing your bulls jersey crying?

stepchild
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
WOW did it take you all day to think of this wonderful comment. no i dont have a pic of this funny guy. do you have a pic of you watching game 7 on the couch wearing your bulls jersey crying?

this guy isnt a bulls fan

troutdog
02-25-2011, 12:46 AM
"You must die completely, before you are reborn. The Lakers final resting place was in Cleveland. We are now witnessing the re-birth" - Vic Jacobs

Vic is classic, he cracks me up with what he comes up with...."feelin you!" :LOL:

TD

The Angler
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
LETs Go LAKE SHOW!!!

jim young
02-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Boston gets their revenge!!!! Boston came back to win the game against Los Angeles at Staples!!! YEAH!!!!!! Wait a minute...It was the Slippers..Wrong L.A. basketball team....And the championship wasn't on the line...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA......Sorry for the confusion.

jumpman
02-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Boston gets their revenge!!!! Boston came back to win the game against Los Angeles at Staples!!! YEAH!!!!!! Wait a minute...It was the Slippers..Wrong L.A. basketball team....And the championship wasn't on the line...

not understanding bro........ sorry your team is called the slippers?

jumpman
02-28-2011, 10:02 PM

i am not sure if you are trying to say it was a clippers game? if so you need to learn your lakers talk because i was there.... it was lakers..... and yes it was clippers too.... and tonight it was jazz etc....

troutdog
02-28-2011, 10:05 PM
So yeah anyways....undefeated since the break with wins at OKC and finally again at the Rose Garden, maybe Vic "The Brick" Jacobs was on to something? :Secret:

TD

troutdog
03-06-2011, 11:00 PM
After todays THRASHING of the Spurs(bye-bye 22 game home win streak), that makes it 7 in a row since the break...looking forward to the rest of the road trip against the Hawks, Mavs and "El :Crying: Heat" :LOL:

Lakers are burnt toast,.

Yeah I'm thinkin...not so much :Wink:

BACK to BACK CHAMPIONS

TD

BlkManFishin
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Im not surprised at all with the LAKERS recent smashing of all foes. We do it every year. First we go easy then KOBE kills all competition.
LAKERGANGORDONTBANG!!

DarkShadow
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Mean while, in Miami....

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2011/03/picture_1_04.png

BlkManFishin
03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Cry babies Cry LOL

stepchild
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Mean while, in Miami....

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2011/03/picture_1_04.pngthats what the bulls do to teams,,after we beat them three games in a season.........maybe BULLS lakers finals???????????

The Angler
03-09-2011, 09:52 PM
all us lakers fans know and expect a lil laker slump pre all star break its like a mini vaction before the second half of the season. Damn Lakers smashed on the Spurs so badly. I guess there were giving the Spurs a lil wake up call.

Mrlakers08
03-20-2011, 09:56 AM
You have to remember that the Lakers are a playoff team. Same thing happen last season. This year its gonna be Lakers and Boston, Miami will be knock out on the second round and Chicago does not have any playoff experience!!!

stepchild
03-20-2011, 12:57 PM
You have to remember that the Lakers are a playoff team. Same thing happen last season. This year its gonna be Lakers and Boston, Miami will be knock out on the second round and Chicago does not have any playoff experience!!!

what do you mean chicago doesnt have playoff experience.....the bulls have been the teams boston has had a hard time dealing with...the bulls will make believers out of all you laker fan...when this years finals will be thunder and bulls....

Mrlakers08
03-20-2011, 07:58 PM
what do you mean chicago doesnt have playoff experience.....the bulls have been the teams boston has had a hard time dealing with...the bulls will make believers out of all you laker fan...when this years finals will be thunder and bulls....

Lol! You are funny!! You'll see at the end! I hate Boston but Chicago will get beaten in the finals.

DarkShadow
03-20-2011, 08:18 PM
what do you mean chicago doesnt have playoff experience.....the bulls have been the teams boston has had a hard time dealing with...

What does the Bulls giving Boston a hard time have to do with them having playoff experience?

stepchild
03-21-2011, 08:23 AM
What does the Bulls giving Boston a hard time have to do with them having playoff experience?

if you go back and look....(playoffs)..luol deng was with the bulls,when they swept the defending champs,(heat)..carlos boozer was in some playoffs,korver,brewer,rose..all have playoff experience...you say these things like you would hate to see the bulls in the finals..so please dont tell me about playoff exp...

Mrlakers08
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
if you go back and look....(playoffs)..luol deng was with the bulls,when they swept the defending champs,(heat)..carlos boozer was in some playoffs,korver,brewer,rose..all have playoff experience...you say these things like you would hate to see the bulls in the finals..so please dont tell me about playoff exp...

When was the last time the bulls won the eastern finals conference?
When was the last time they won a championship?
Rose will not get the MVP!! But at the end just sit and watch the bulls get eliminated.
It will be Lakers vs Boston!

DarkShadow
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM

I'd love to see the Bulls in the Finals. I say these things because I'm refuting your claim that you say that they have playoff experience.

If you call 3 first round early exits as "experience," then so be it. And remember, the Celtics didn't have KG that year that the Chicago took them deep.

As a hater of Boston, and a hater of Miami because that's the popular thing to do, i'd LOVE to see Chicago in the Finals, just because I think it'd be an easier matchup for the Lakers (if they make it to the Finals).

But admit, of all the teams in the hunt, Chicago is the team that has the least playoff experience of anybody.

stepchild
03-21-2011, 10:53 AM
I'd love to see the Bulls in the Finals. I say these things because I'm refuting your claim that you say that they have playoff experience.

If you call 3 first round early exits as "experience," then so be it. And remember, the Celtics didn't have KG that year that the Chicago took them deep.

As a hater of Boston, and a hater of Miami because that's the popular thing to do, i'd LOVE to see Chicago in the Finals, just because I think it'd be an easier matchup for the Lakers (if they make it to the Finals).

But admit, of all the teams in the hunt, Chicago is the team that has the least playoff experience of anybody.

i would have to disagree with your opionion,about being (easier)...i think chicago matches well with the lakers,,beisdes boozer....we have the big men,we rebound,we play solid defense.and the one true killer for the lakers,is they cant contain pg's..and if you havent noticed we have a top tier pg..that means kobe cant guard him like he guards rajon...so we'll wait and see..thats even if our teams make it that far....

stepchild
03-21-2011, 10:56 AM
When was the last time the bulls won the eastern finals conference?
When was the last time they won a championship?
Rose will not get the MVP!! But at the end just sit and watch the bulls get eliminated.
It will be Lakers vs Boston!

rose will not get MVP??what the hell are you smoking??!!and all the other things that you typed,who cares...what does that have to do with this year?oh are you just trying to shAt talk...thats cool...but we'll wait and see...

dfisher
03-22-2011, 10:24 PM
if you're missing tonights games vs the suns you're missing out on one hell of a game...

DarkShadow
03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
will this game everrrr end....

stepchild
03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
will this game everrrr end....

nice game.......went past my bedtime....

billy b
03-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Rose certainly is worthy ... but don't know if he has enough rep ... if they finish first in the east that might do it

stepchild
03-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Rose certainly is worthy ... but don't know if he has enough rep ... if they finish first in the east that might do it

if you watch,anytime their playing,every announcer to every head coach says,he's clearly the front runner...but you never know in this league..sometimes its more of a popularity contest.

Hometown
03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
I dont listen to play by play guys since we lost chick I put on rock and roll and enjoy the LAKER SHOW .QUOTE=stepchild;531865]if you watch,anytime their playing,every announcer to every head coach says,he's clearly the front runner...but you never know in this league..sometimes its more of a popularity contest.[/QUOTE]

stepchild
03-24-2011, 07:19 AM
I dont listen to play by play guys since we lost chick I put on rock and roll and enjoy the LAKER SHOW .QUOTE=stepchild;531865]if you watch,anytime their playing,every announcer to every head coach says,he's clearly the front runner...but you never know in this league..sometimes its more of a popularity contest.[/QUOTE]

i def,wouldnt listen to kcal too!!!there one sided...tnt have the best,honest play by play announcers,,,,give credit where credit is do......

BlkManFishin
03-28-2011, 01:21 PM
The announcers are HATERS they always seem to want the LAKERS to lose. LAKERGANG STILL SMASHIN

710 LAKERGANG RADIO

troutdog
03-31-2011, 09:43 PM
0wning the Mavs in the 4th quarter....1st seed in the West is still doable, although I don't think the Lakers even need it. Great looking back at this thread when the Lakers were struggling, so glad Bynum is in purple n gold and NOT melo!

TD

The Angler
04-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Yea Bynum finally making a difference. Still looks like Lakers are the strongest team in the NBA. 3peat here we come!!!

troutdog
04-29-2011, 12:55 AM
And the dream lives on....now it's "BAD NEWS FOR THE MAVERICKS!!!!"

TD

fish-o-haulic
04-29-2011, 09:25 AM
then what after phil jackson leaves. will they be as good. will they win a championship again. Im freaking out guys. someone slap me

Trial and Error
04-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Laker hating bums

dfisher
05-04-2011, 10:14 PM
NO 3 peat this year.. Down 0-2, big possibility no Artest in game 3. Can we say SWEEP?

troutdog
06-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Well...at least the Lakers can hang their hats on the fact they lost to the eventual NBA champions, congrats to Dirk and Mavs. (Mr. Cuban please buy the Dodgers) On the flip side there are highlights to the 2010-11 NBA season. First and foremost the celts didn't win the title :Envious: A close 2nd to that has got to be classy King "can't take the heat" James not getting his trophy....
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Lebron.jpg

Hopefully hoops is business as usual, but a strike seems like a strong possibility.

Entertaining thread to look back on :LOL:

TD

DarkShadow
06-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Lakers To Trade For Howard????!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-0615-plaschke-dwight-howard-20110615,0,4361777.column

Trade for Dwight Howard. Tug on the new Superman's cape. Take up with a rim-rattling, backboard-bouncing set of giant biceps from Orlando … again.

The Lakers should trade Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom for Howard and J.J. Redick, and they should do it now, and before you start crying over spilled centers, stuff a black knee brace in it and let me explain.

Earth to Mr. Plaschke....

WHO WOULD WANT BY-NONE AND KHLODOM?!!