PDA

View Full Version : aqueduct info

snakeplissken
11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
i keep reading all these stories about how good the duct fishing is , but i was wondering which parts of the duct? i live in the san fernando valley and wanted to know if there are any duct spots close to where i am.any help or info would be appreciated:Smile:

Kilo818
11-03-2010, 10:35 PM
closest would be palmdale

novel44
11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
The duct fishing is only good because people have put in the time and effort to fish it and just because they have success one day doesn't mean the other 10 or so before that were productive.
I'm not trying to discourage you or anything just pointing out facts. I moved from the valley to palmdale about a year ago and I'm 5 minutes away from one of the access points of the duct. I go at least once a week and dont have a fish to show for it... yes it's mostly me since i'm transitioning very very slowly from bait and wait to using lures but still a word of caution if you think you're going to show up and start killing....

NooB SaBass
11-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree with Nov, it aint easy being cheesy... and the cats who put in the most time up here are the ones who are the cheesiest. Its about 9/10 on Difficulty seriously though... You have to know the Duct, the striper, your gear, the lure, the flow, the hits...(I'm sure I have gotten bit and didn't even know it lol), and then your skill level and of course LUCK comes into play. Get a KPN and you can skip all the way to the luck part lol...

M@M
11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
:
I agree with Nov, it aint easy being cheesy... and the cats who put in the most time up here are the ones who are the cheesiest. Its about 9/10 on Difficulty seriously though... You have to know the Duct, the striper, your gear, the lure, the flow, the hits...(I'm sure I have gotten bit and didn't even know it lol), and then your skill level and of course LUCK comes into play. Get a KPN and you can skip all the way to the luck part lol...

I have used KPN's twice now, both times I lost them within 10 cast :Angry: SNAGS!
I have had days that I have never got a snag LOL......so luck can play a part for sure. KPN's are said to be great for striper fishing,,I need to get some more real soon. Hope this time I can hold onto them longer.:Embarrassed:

novel44
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
:

I have used KPN's twice now, both times I lost them within 10 cast :Angry: SNAGS!
I have had days that I have never got a snag LOL......so luck can play a part for sure. KPN's are said to be great for striper fishing,,I need to get some more real soon. Hope this time I can hold onto them longer.:Embarrassed:

I got my KPN set yesterday and went out to test them out, had a lot of snags but seems like if you walk to the opposite direction of the snag it easily comes loose. I had one where i had to walk across the the bridge to the other side to pull it loose. I'm still trying to figure out the right retrieve so maybe i'm letting it hit the floor too much..?

yolo
11-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Most snags are either at the concrete notches/lips and many are at the tar that is between the joints. If you hit a nice tar chunk with the treble it digs in right away. There are also round foam inserts between the joints at newer poured or repaired sections that come loose or exposed and they are snag city for treble hooks.