PDA

View Full Version : redondo special half day 11-2

E.A.R.G.
11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
One of my church kids has been asking me to take him fishing. He went on winter break so I said lets go!!!
He said he wanted to catch one of the fish he's been seeing in my pictures (they're 20-30lb wsb and yt) and I say hey buddy lets work our way up!

So we head down to redondo sportfishing around 4:45 A.M.

We jump on the redondo special at around 7:30 and head off for some rockfishing.

Captain says we're fishing 200feet down, I look at the coffee grinder I lent him and It doesn't look like it'll do the trick.

I give this guy the real quick 101 on how to use a baitcaster and toss him my boss accurate magnum hoping he doesn't bring it back to me looking like a chia pet, or worse, losing it over the ocean. But I must say he did a fine job handling the fish!

We had live squid that the crew made last night, mixed with some large dines. We both stuck to the strip and whole live squid.

It was a gorgeous day out. Practically no winds or swells at all, and we only had to make about 5 or 6 drifts in the 4 hours of fishing since the boat was barely moving.

The captain was targetting the big reds and lings that were in the area but they had their mouths shut today, the boat brought in about 5 reds and 1 ling, but there were plently of misc rockfish down there keeping us excited.

We ended up boating close to 20 fish between the two of us including 2 nice reds in the 4lb class, a huge salmon grouper and the biggest johnny bass i've ever seen.

FUNNY thing, I asked this guy how big he thought his jonny bass was after I saw him suffering getting this sucker up 200 feet from the bottom.
He says, "I don't know... like 15 pounds?"
I tell him, more like 3-4.
And he looks shocked! Okay I'm not ready for sea bass yellowtail yet.
haha I told him just keep working on it, practice on some bat rays and you'll be good to go!

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp304/ericchungw/148553_164465896909555_100000384382167_400660_5131 489_n.jpg

w00t for the forearm workout!

tight lines
-EARG

E.A.R.G.
11-03-2010, 10:50 AM
IIIIIIIIII DONT know what the heck is up with photobucket ...

russ88
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM
kudos for taking a kid fishing.... i can see the pics...lol

E.A.R.G.
11-03-2010, 12:23 PM
kudos for taking a kid fishing.... i can see the pics...lol

are you serious???
i just edited the post and took them all down because they weren't showing...

JapanRon
11-03-2010, 06:57 PM
E.A.R.G.,

WTG on getting a new angler out on the water.

Thanks for the report,

JapanRon

Ifishtoolittle
11-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Nice job taking the kid out for a day of fishing. I want to see the pics! :LOL:

Wingnut
11-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Very cool for you to take the time taking the kid fishing E. :Cool:
Check your Photobucket account, that's probably what it is. :Wink:

murrieta angler
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Very Cool Eric!
Good job getting him out and teaching him something he will never forget.
Photobucket has been acting up lately, try using microsoft works and post the pictures there first, then just copy the whole thing to your report.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Swank909
11-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Great job getting the kid on some fish Eric! Hope those pictures start working soon, I want to check out that salmon grouper :P

Native Gal
11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
E.A.R.G, good stuff taking the kid out. Can't wait to see the pixs.
BTW the last time I posted I had to resize the pixs in paint to 35%, then they finally showed up when I posted them to Photobucket. I had problems for a week with Photobucket. I had to keep downsizing the pixs till they worked.