PDA

View Full Version : merced

jonnyfishon
11-03-2010, 04:22 AM
I am forced to relocate to merced, california. Are there any city park lakes in or near the city of merced that have any decent fishing? I am mostly catch & release

TROUT MASTERS
11-03-2010, 06:54 AM
I never fished merced county before,but did hunt for wild boar up there.
Nice country,lots of creeks and lakes,you may want to google it....
Good luck

lives2fish
11-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Yosemite Lake, Lake McClure, Lake McSwain, and the Merced River near Snelling. Some year salmon will come up to spawn on Bear Creek in the fall when the water level is low, right in the middle of town. Not sure of the salmon fishing restrictions nowadays but back in the early 80s we had lots of fun catching them. Also fishing for black bass and other sunfish used to be very good in Bear Creek under the hwy 99 bridge and downstream. This is only during the fall months that the water in bear creek are diverted for irrigation and the water level is very low. And if you are into having some fun fighting 15-20 pounds carp, they are easy to find during the low water level months. Good luck.

insamsworld
10-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Lake McClure is pretty good if you dont mind the skiers and jet skis. But as we like kayak fishing, Lake McSwain is pvery good as the speed limit through out the lake is ten mph.