PDA

View Full Version : june lakes fishing??????

striperstud
07-26-2007, 11:47 PM
hey i am going to june lakes on monday and have heard that the fishing has been kinda slow because of the heat... anyone have any tips????????
i will mostly be fishing from shore so any tips on where to fish and wat to use would be greatly appreciated

gwjones00
07-27-2007, 04:44 AM
I would guess that this year you will be fighting a couple of things - heat and low water. Makes it tough to catch fish.

My suggestions would be to fish early (before the sun hits the water) or late (around dusk). Use natural baits (nightcrawlers). Inflate the crawlers on about 18 inch leaders (keep em close to the bottom where the fish will be). You might also consider using some type of attractant on them as well.

If you can, fish near inlets or other places where water enters the lake (around the reeds at June Lake, where Rush Creek enters Grant Lake, etc.). You might also try Rush Creek, although low flows may make it tough this year.

Finally, if all else fails, you might try some of the other lakes higher up in elevation in the area (Virginia, Saddlebag (make sure you take the ferry to the opposite side of the lake), etc.). Have fun!

Mase
07-27-2007, 08:24 AM
I was there 2 weeks ago for 3 days. I had a boat so I was able to get on the shallow schoolies along the reeds by the marina but on my journeys around the lake I saw a lot of people fishing the rock piles lining the south shore along June Loop rd.

A couple times I saw people walking up the cliff with full stringers. I believe they were using green pb on the bottom. There's a huge drop off there where it goes from 10 to 60+ feet within casting distance.

To get there, just park on the side of June Loop and hike down the cliff.

Good luck out there. I can't wait to go back. Fishing was a little slow but I was still able to limit out by following the schools around.

GopherPride23
07-27-2007, 08:57 AM
if you look a few posts down there is a lot of good info because two other people have asked this same exact question in the last week :lol:

jeff4321
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
if its hot: 1/2 oz egg sinker, swivel, 2-3 ft leader to a hook with powerbait.

works EVERYTIME.

or Thomas Bouyants

pope5
07-29-2007, 10:23 PM
trolled june on 7/7. metered fish at 40 feet along south shore and smoked the cutties and bows on pink tazmanian devils.