PDA

View Full Version : Lake Balboa Tips?

Icarus
11-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Was down there on Halloween for a little while. I finally got around to trying for some Carp. I was using corn. However, all I kept getting was tiny Tilapia. When they weren't getting hooked up, they were just eating everything off my hook in a matter of seconds. Has anyone had any luck finding carp in there semi recently? It seems like it's infested with nothing but little Tilapia. Also, around how big can those Tilapia get? I kept seeing a bunch of little ones but saw some others had caught slightly bigger. Maybe if there's no carp I'll just go after the bigger Tilapia.

carpinator
11-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Don't give up yet, there are 30 pound plus size carp in balboa lake, use some good polarized glasses, go out there when it's sunny at around noon time, walk around the lake a couple of times until you spot them.

novel44
11-04-2010, 12:01 AM
The "tilapia" or whatever they are that are in there that keep "peeing" on you when you try to take them off your hook dont get too big as far as my experience tells me with that lake but carpinator is right there are huge carp in that lake.
Try corn or tortilla and trow as far as you can. There are also catfish in the creek (or whatever that is) that runs through the park. Never seen one more than maybe a pound but they are there.

BTW i wouldn't recommended eating the fish out of that lake. They taste funny to me... I've fished there alot but only c&r after my first tasting experience.

Icarus
11-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the input, guys. Good to know they're in there. Hopefully I'll land one soon. Also, thanks to snake again for your tips. I'll try again and hopefully be able to report some good news.