PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Silver Lake/June Loop Question

flytyingreloader
11-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Given the predicted nice weather and light winds for the next several days, I'd like to drag the boat up the June Loop and give at least Silver Lake a try. The Silver Lake website indicates that the Resort closes in "mid-October". Does anyone know if the gate is locked on the public boat ramp at Silver Lake yet?

Failing that--what other boat trailer access is still open on the Loop? Last year, I drove through June Marina the last week of October and the place looked closed down.

Thank you in advance. I don't want to waste a bunch of gas dragging the boat to a closed venue.

Big Country
11-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I'll be up there from tomorrow through Sunday. You can launch on June, just gotta use the public launch in the northeast corner by Oh Ridge. You can still launch at Gull. Don't know about Silver, but the gate to grant lake marina is definitely closed as well so probably no chance of launching there.

flytyingreloader
11-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry for misplacing the original post, folks. Many thanks for the PM and public info on my question--I'm heading up early Thursday for at least one day on the Loop. I'll file a REPORT in the PROPER SECTION on how things go. :)

Beancounter
11-03-2010, 09:02 PM
We were up there last weekend.
The parking lot on the other side of Algers creek was still open.
That public launch was still open if that's the one you're talking about.

flytyingreloader
11-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Yessir--that's the one. Loading the toys right now, took a break to check the board before taking off. Thank you!