PDA

View Full Version : Halloween pig! Weeeeee! Weeeee!

FarmerJohn
11-01-2010, 09:27 PM
We all celebrate Thanksgiving with a turkey but I also celebrate Halloween! With a pig! I was worried that last week was a fluke. But I might be doing something right finally. 2 DD’s in 2 sessions in the AV Duct and back to back with what else but KPN? The “STRIPER SNIPER”. This one had shoulder , arms, legs ,feet, hands and a big set of balls. He spooled me at least more than twice and had me hanging over the chain link fence trying to keep my line from rubbing on the buoy line cable and 20 to 30 minutes land. I have to get a new digital scale mine was in a bucket of rain water on my boat , enough said. So my wife weighed herself then again hold the pig. After the math, AND A NEW PB, DD FOR ME IT WEIGHS 16.5 lbs and is 31” long. ENJOY!!!

“KPN THE ONLY RULE”
“KPN TME STRIPER SNIPER”
Sorry about the pic’s it was the first time I used the remote for my Nikon D40.
I just noticed if you zoom in or you have good eyes you can see my. Excuse me Khanh’s KPN.
COOL! What can I say! It’s finally happened to me and twice in 5 days.!! What a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:EyePop::Shocked::Big Grin::Farmer::Singing In Rain::OMG!::Fishing Catch:

CL SmooV
11-01-2010, 09:30 PM
nice fish FJ!

FarmerJohn
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Hey I for got to add a interesting note. When I fellet him he had 1 or 2 one inch in diameter whole clams in side. So I have 3 explainations. If you have a better one or an opinion let's hear it.

(1.) He swallowed them in the ocean and his body couldn't digest the shell.
(2.) He swallowed them in the ocean and swam all the way from the Sacramento Delta to were I caught him faster than he digest the clams.
(3.) He swallowed them in the duct meaning they are fresh water clams. I know there are fresh water clams!
But are there fresh water clams in the duct.
JUST GOT ME THINKING??????????????

Fishthewhaler
11-01-2010, 10:01 PM
nice piggy, oink oink

yolo
11-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Nice fish John. Yes there are clams in the duct. Lots of them as a matter of fact. The dirt bottom is packed with them. Next time you're out, let your lure sink to the bottom and reel slowly and your trebles will pick up some shells.

huukup12
11-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Congrat John...you're putting the wood to them...fantastic job. KPN rule............
thx, j

kpn
11-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Congrats on another personal best John. You're on a roll now.
Now I have to say this (you always say it to me......:Wink:), leave some fish for me....Remember NOT leaving any fish.....the DD one ........:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.
After talked to you on the phone, we went to the duct right away and got skunk. Check my report.

Congrats again bro. Go get some more :Wink:.

Khanh.

HaiTheMeister
11-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Get outta here!!!!!!!
Back to back PIGs???? You don't farm any pigs at all, FarmerJohn!

Can't say that I am not a little jealous cuz I am still looking for my very first double D!

GREAT job, John! what a beautiful fish!
Congrats!!!!!!!

fishinone
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Nice Catch John.

That's a nice one.

I'm with Khanh, leave some for me, too!

yolo
11-02-2010, 02:23 PM
John, Tell them you got it in the mini duct to the right as you walk in. I have actually released a catfish in that mini duct when it had some water in it. It has tullies, reeds and used to have a foot or more of water.

goose2foru
11-02-2010, 02:34 PM
good job john.. I need to get out to the duct..

kaneo
11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey I for got to add a interesting note. When I fellet him he had 1 or 2 one inch in diameter whole clams in side. So I have 3 explainations. If you have a better one or an opinion let's hear it.

(1.) He swallowed them in the ocean and his body couldn't digest the shell.
(2.) He swallowed them in the ocean and swam all the way from the Sacramento Delta to were I caught him faster than he digest the clams.
(3.) He swallowed them in the duct meaning they are fresh water clams. I know there are fresh water clams!
But are there fresh water clams in the duct.
JUST GOT ME THINKING?????????????? could be quagga muscles ??

Native Gal
11-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Congrats on the DD and thanks for sharing.

NG

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
congrats on the slay John.....

nice fat quality feesh !

Way ta roll, nicely done...

I'd strongly suggest not taking pics with landmarks or trademark signs or fences in the background, I know it's easy to get lost in the excitement of the catch...understandable with it being your PB : )

Just keep in mind you could quite possibly be sending everyone to the same spot or region...not good if you want to return and fish it without max pressure...

just food for thought...

Nicely done, nice catch

Gary

yolo
11-02-2010, 06:57 PM
could be quagga muscles ??

It's not quagga muscle. That's why dvl is getting the Cali duct water instead of the Colorado river duct water.

yolo
11-02-2010, 07:09 PM
John, I wouldn't worry too much about being paranoid about spots. Fish can be there for a while and then minutes later gone and be back hours later or days later. Your pic looks like most spots do with a drive gate and fence with the official duct signage. 99% of the people will never know the difference. Those that do it does not matter anyway because they have been there and done that thousands of times over. Enjoy your great catches of late and hope the success you finally found continues.

TroutOnly
11-02-2010, 07:12 PM
hey FTW dont talk about trollys girl friend like that lol,,,,,,knock the dirt off that fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

M@M
11-02-2010, 07:16 PM
That is a beautiful Fish! WTG

Sacristan
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Good job FJ in the duct its nat easy, I have been fishing there for 3 years and my record is only 5 stripers in 3 years my Men. Congrattss!!!!!!

novel44
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
WTG John....I told you it was going to happen again man!!! It was a pleasure meeting you out there and i stayed optimistic for you like i said i would. I'm very happy for you and again it was great meeting you....Keep it up!.

NooB SaBass
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
dang, thats a nice fish! I can't wait till next week when I get my license back =/

Striper Bill
11-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Good job John, glad to see your geting it done. Congrats to you!

FarmerJohn
11-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Hey Bill,
Long time no post, Getting a thumbs up from you is to me a "Duct Striper Fishing Right of Passage" so thank you and don't be such a stranger. There is a lot of members on this site that value your input and miss your presents and will join me in saying "Hope to see more of you here on the FNN"
Thanks FarmerJohn >>>>>>>>>>>>>

fishinone
11-12-2010, 09:53 AM

I'm with F/J, S/B. Where have you been?

I don't remember seeing a post from you since I talked to you up at the duct, 2 yrs ago.