PDA

View Full Version : Daily Double.....NO PICS

murrieta angler
11-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Carlos (cjmedina) and myself decided last Thursday to do a half day boat. We decided that we would hit up the Daily Double out of Point Loma in San Diego.
The boat didn't leave until 9 so we had plenty of time in the morning. I picked Carlos up at 8:00 in Escondido and we arrived at the dock at a quarter till. We got our tickets and boarded the boat a little after 9....:Neutral:
We stopped for bait and boy were the anchovies small....:Shocked: I mean they couldn't have been longer than 4". I asked what the deal was and the deckhand said it was bass candy...:Rolls Eyes: I then asked if he was going to put out any squid and he said nope, didn't need to...:Neutral:
Didnt take long to get to our first destination, maybe 20 minutes max. We were in 40 feet of water, clarity was at least 15 feet deep, no swells, no wind and no current. I wasn't digging it.
Oh well, fished till 2:15 and pulled up a bunch of dink calico's, rock fish, sugar bass, treefish, gopher fish.
Carlos pulled up a nice calico, tree fish and some assorted rockfish.
I did end up keeping a couple of rockfish to eat and then this guy, Frank asked if I wanted his fish, which was three, so I said sure.
It was a nice day out on the water and I even had a cold beer, which I normally don't do, but no winds and being in the sun for 5 1/2 hours can make you thirsty...:Smile:
Everyone Take Care & God Bless You All,
Robert
<><

Jackpot Jimmy
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the report, Robert. Sounds like you guys had the two eyes and a wiggle for bait. Not the best hook bait, and you do sometimes have to weed through many a short to get to the legals. Always good bait for rockfish. From the stories I've heard, that's what guys would use on skiffs out of Redondo to catch the bluefin.

JapanRon
11-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

I have always heard good things about the Daily Double. 40 feet of water ..... Wow. Interesting trip.

Thanks,

JapanRon

murrieta angler
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey Jimmy,
Yeah that's exactly what they were...lol...eyes with wiggles...lol
I will see you soon.
Robert

murrieta angler
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Ron,
Yup, 40' of water. Tons of fish, but all dinks.
BTW, I did fish the plastics for a couple of small calico's.
Take Care,
Robert

cjmedina
11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
thanks again robert, i had fun (like i normally do when we fish). caught some fish, had a cold beer with a friend, and learned to tie a knot, awesome day in my book

E.A.R.G.
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Robert!
any day you can have a cold one out on the water sounds great to me!

thanks for the report!

russ88
11-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Glad u got out to fish.... God Bless!

Wingnut
11-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a relaxing day at least Robert and you got to take home a few fish. Better than being stuck in the office like me. :Envious:

goon
11-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Id pick the small chovies over the crappy sardines Redondo has...sorry but the bait company there sucks

troutdog
11-04-2010, 01:17 AM
Sounds like a great day on the water Robert, thanks for sharing your trip with us....hope to see you again soon!

TD

murrieta angler
11-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Your quite welcomed Carlos, it was my pleasure!
Robert

murrieta angler
11-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Hey Robert!
any day you can have a cold one out on the water sounds great to me!

thanks for the report!

...and it was real cold Eric!
Robert

murrieta angler
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Glad u got out to fish.... God Bless!

Amen Brother!
Robert

murrieta angler
11-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Sounds like a relaxing day at least Robert and you got to take home a few fish. Better than being stuck in the office like me. :Envious:

Very relaxing Arthur.
I have lots of time to fish for the next couple of weeks....:Cool:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

murrieta angler
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Id pick the small chovies over the crappy sardines Redondo has...sorry but the bait company there sucks

I would rather have had dead squid.
Robert

murrieta angler
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a great day on the water Robert, thanks for sharing your trip with us....hope to see you again soon!

TD

Hey TD!
Thanks for the friend request. It will be utilized when time allows!
Thanks for the read,
Robert
<><

lingcod sierra
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
thanks for the report Robert. hope to fish with you some day. ,Carlos

murrieta angler
11-08-2010, 08:31 AM
thanks for the report Robert. hope to fish with you some day. ,Carlos

My pleasure Carlos.
Hey Bro, some people from the site are trying to get together for a 3/4 day on The Tradition for the 16th. I'll be celebrating my birthday and what better way than to fish all day!?
Take care,

Robert
<><

lingcod sierra
11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
I'll be there Robert thanks