PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake "WFO" Again 10-31

JohnnyBoy
11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Johnnyboy here,

I had another 6 day work week, and I was really looking forward to a day of fishing and relaxation. Arrived at Corona Lake about 5:45, and 30 cars ahead of me. No worries though, I'm in the tube right. Let all the other guys jockey for lake front property.

Launched from the damn, and worked the entire lake yesterday. Yesterday was an experimentation day. I experimented all the way to a limit of fish. In fact, it was limits all around. We had a group of 5. Everyone was getting bit.

Methods that were productive included, the "jig" Green/White dipped, Orange/Yellow dipped, Garlic Chartreuse, Corn Yellow/Dipped, Inflated crawlers dipped. Very interestingly, during the late morning, the tube jig bite just went off of the richter scale. We couldn't move around as much and had to hold our water/ground so to speak, so we through the tube jigs, Green again seemed to be working real well, I did ok on the white.

I saw a father and three son crew working the bubble with a green wooly buger and green midge, and they were just fish slayers too. I couldn't wait for those guys to leave, they poached our spot. ergo, they moved in right on top of us. They moved in so close if they were women, we would have been having sex. To all fisherman, we need to start having some respect for the other guy out there. The last couple trips many of what are supposed to be fellow outdoorsman have behaved in a manner not conducive to fun fishing. All we need to do is respect each others space, those fish are all over that lake, everywhere. There's not that many places for them to go considering how many fish they put in. Craig and his crew have proven they will keep us happy. Fishing happy that is.

Next week, I'm paying for that twilight special thing, and going to go from dawn to dusk. Maybe the 24 hour bit. I had a blast fishing yesterday though, poachers notwithstanding, Everyone I knew was getting bit, all methods were working, if your half a fisherman and follow advise, you should be getting bit, if not, talk to a experienced fisherman you trust.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this season. A Chronic Crew thanks to Craig, JD, Dave, Paul, and anyone else, I've left out. Thank you for showing me a great time. Keep those fish coming.

the killa fish taco
11-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Cant wait for this weekend coming up!!!!

BigBass777
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Wow! You guys have the lake dialed in. Keeping poachers out? Can imagine what that scene looked like. Any pics of your catches? What is the average size of the fish?

What fish were you guys catching? Mt. Lassen or Nebraska? What you explained is good info. The Nebraska fish will attack and annihilate the "jig" when you move it or twitch it along the bottom.

JohnnyBoy
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Wow! You guys have the lake dialed in. Keeping poachers out? Can imagine what that scene looked like. Any pics of your catches? What is the average size of the fish?

What fish were you guys catching? Mt. Lassen or Nebraska? What you explained is good info. The Nebraska fish will attack and annihilate the "jig" when you move it or twitch it along the bottom.

Hi BigBass777, I think you responsed to me last week. Well, it was a very nice grade of fish. No fish under 2lbs. They all seemed to be in the 2lb to 3lb range. Mt Lassens SierraBows.
As far as the poachers go, We started putting fish on the boat and it seemed like in two minutes, everyone had moved in right on top of us, it was a circus, so we moved to another area and got bit over there.

Anyone who says they aren't getting bit in that lake needs to either move around, and try different colors, baits, etc.. At the end of the day, were all there to have fun right ? Did you put any fish on the boat this weekend ?

deepbluediver
11-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm planning on going to Corona this Thrus and tubing for my first time. Could PM me some tips on how you launch at the damn?

JohnnyBoy
11-01-2010, 01:37 PM
deepbluediver, basically you just walk up to the water, sit in the tube, put on your fins and off you go. That simple.

BigBass777
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi BigBass777, I think you responsed to me last week. Well, it was a very nice grade of fish. No fish under 2lbs. Did you put any fish on the boat this weekend ?

No not yet. I'm waiting for the trout Opener at Lake Mission Viejo on November 20th. The pay lakes are out of my budget for right now.

deepbluediver
11-01-2010, 08:49 PM
deepbluediver, basically you just walk up to the water, sit in the tube, put on your fins and off you go. That simple.

Thanks.... Now all I have to worry about is catching fish.

gavin310
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the report and good job. Sucks about the other tubers jacking your spot. Sometimes you just gotta say "WTF MAN?!" You could always take it to the next level... it would look pretty damn funny seeing two tubers having a fist fight out there. LOL.

phishin phool
11-03-2010, 10:01 PM
to be honest, i have had problems with tubers more than boaters. they slide right over where my baits are a lot. not too bad. when they stop and cast into the same area that is pretty shiiiiiiiiiy. also would a to see a 30 foot gentleman's rule. had a guy that was 10 feet away and didnt get it.
I've fished from boat and tube and actually prefer tube ($) but see idiots in all forms, shore, boat and tube. some people just are losers and dont respect anything or anybody. They just wanna catch fish and dont care how. There was some dude in a boat there last sat and when anyone got within 100 feet of his boat he was cryn about bein in his area, just friggin comical! LIke you said, there are fish all over that lake. Thanks for the great report an helpful info Thats what its all about! Peace. PP