PDA

View Full Version : Los Alamitos Bay

BrandonFish
10-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Left at the desired time around 11 ish tube was holding up fine!! fished around some rocks im familiar with
first fish was a fiesty calico that hit like a train.
second fish was the third cast after a nicer fish almost got me in the rocks i felt him rubbing my line on those rocks but was no match as soon as i lifted my rod higher with more power got her out and a nice spotty right around 12-13 inches. and the tube is still holdng up great

third fish was another fiesty calico around 9-10 inches.

Fourth fish was on the big hammer working a long cast on the rocks hit like a freight train. got her in another spotty around 11 in a half - 12 inches.

i then began to notice im losing air and start kicking back as fast as i could across the harbor.

BOY was it abattle i did not care if my legs were tired i was just kicking none stop as fast as i could across the harbor about half way i think i sunk a good inch. my legs were burning by then and i started kicked harder and faster ..
i finaly get to where i can touch the sand my gear was about half a inch from gttn soaked it got wet in there but thats why i had zip lock bags they save the day.
if i would not have notice my tube leaking right then and there all hell woulda broke loose coulda gone wrong it still went wrong ruined my ftube sessions 3 times in a row now.

well i tried patching that hole on another part of the seam and no go could get her patched was to big trashed my tube in some trash can very frusterated i couldnt tube for the rest of the day..

i had a back up plan if that happend so i hit up a spot i call the "toilet" probly made 300 casts for only 2 halibut.

Weather: patch of clouds here and there Wind: idk but it was windy couldnt stay in a spot for 5 seconds without being pushed to the rocks but uhh around 10 -13MPH not sure!

Tide: incoming high

Water: for the most part visibility at around 4-5 feet. dont have waders didnt need them either water temperature was fine.

plastics: Texas rigged arons magic curly tailed robo worm 4 inch and bighammer red sparkley one :Rolls Eyes:

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/brandonfish/Picture037-1-1.jpg
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/brandonfish/Picture038-2-1.jpg
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/brandonfish/Picture040-1-1.jpg

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/brandonfish/Picture041-1-1.jpg

CPT. Kirk
10-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Nice Fish Brandon.
Sorry to hear about your tube.
You have had some bad Mojo in that tube ut's time to let it go.

cjmedina
10-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Great story. Nice fishes, sucks about losing the tube

JapanRon
10-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Brandonfish,

Bummer on the .......... bladder ? ............. tube ?

WTG on getting some fishing in after the disaster !!

Slowly but surely getting my pontoon boat rigged for fishing.

JapanRon

exfactor
10-31-2010, 03:40 PM
God's way of telling you to get a boat

BrandonFish
11-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Brandonfish,

Bummer on the .......... bladder ? ............. tube ?

WTG on getting some fishing in after the disaster !!

Slowly but surely getting my pontoon boat rigged for fishing.

JapanRon
third hole in the seam of the bladder...= ( get that tube rdy big fish are biting had a great day yesterday as well :Secret: :Wink:

i already have a boat just dont use it :Wink:

Great story. Nice fishes, sucks about losing the tube
yep might just buy a new tube this one sucks..

Nice Fish Brandon.
Sorry to hear about your tube.
You have had some bad Mojo in that tube ut's time to let it go.

thanks yep yep BAD mojo indeed :Angry:

murrieta angler
11-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I guess it might be time to get me a float tube and head out with you.
You can show me all the spots...hehe
Robert

perch
11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey brandon sorry to hear about your float tube but glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Those are some really cool fish that you caught and someday Im coming out and I will bring some tricks that work out here and have to go fishing with you and see if they will produce some of those cool looking fish for me and you.

DockRat
11-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Old Post pre halloween. LOL
DR

BrandonFish
11-22-2010, 09:07 AM
I guess it might be time to get me a float tube and head out with you.
You can show me all the spots...hehe
Robert
Cant wait :Twisted:

Hey brandon sorry to hear about your float tube but glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Those are some really cool fish that you caught and someday Im coming out and I will bring some tricks that work out here and have to go fishing with you and see if they will produce some of those cool looking fish for me and you.
well have to see :Cool:

Old Post pre halloween. LOL
DR
:Neutral:

fishshep
11-23-2010, 05:19 AM
Now that's determination fishin !!!!
Two Halibut too !!! :Big Grin:

BrandonFish
11-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Now that's determination fishin !!!!
Two Halibut too !!! :Big Grin:

is there ever a time there isnt determination :Wink:

flyngby
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry about the late reply!

Great to meet you in Zuma and when you told me about the patch job on the seam I wondered if it would hold!

Nice multi-species day!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

BrandonFish
11-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Sorry about the late reply!

Great to meet you in Zuma and when you told me about the patch job on the seam I wondered if it would hold!

Nice multi-species day!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

Great meetn you too. the bladder is done for either going to get a new one or buy a new float tube most likely float tube and a new bladder.

husonfirst
11-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Nice fish. What kind of float tube do you have?

FishingForlife
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
damm that dose suck about the tube..
you should just get a kayak dude
once i got mine there was no looking back!
i love my tube i just save it for those hot summer days...

klocked
11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Sorry to here about the tube Brandon, that didn't stop ya I see!:LOL: Nice fish too!

BrandonFish
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Nice fish. What kind of float tube do you have?

they could be nicer..
White River Fly Shop® Lost Lake Open Front Float Tube if your lookn for a tube wait a lil bit untell summer water is cold *catching* will be slower...

damm that dose suck about the tube..
you should just get a kayak dude
once i got mine there was no looking back!
i love my tube i just save it for those hot summer days...

gotta love the summer wish it was already here. i would like to get
one for fishing out in the open....

Sorry to here about the tube Brandon, that didn't stop ya I see!:LOL: Nice fish too!

i dont know whats stops me .. trying to go fish tonight but without my phone i dont have anyone to call to go with me maybe you?

LunkerLover
11-30-2010, 12:44 PM

Yeah ... and God's telling me to sell you mine. I have a 12' all aluminum/all welded boat ... three benches ... light enough for 2 guys to hand launch ANYWHERE ... 55 lb. Minn Kota Trolling Motor .... 2 deep cycle batteries ... anchor ... net .... 2 rod holders ... it's a BAY KILLING MACHINE! As a matter of fact ... it's name is "Bay Bay Killa'"

PM me if ur interested ... this boat REALLY changed my life when I started bay fishing

BrandonFish
11-30-2010, 10:50 PM
thanks but no thanks have a 17 footer in the back yard along with a 23 footer being slowly repaired