PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lopez Vacation

tracker16
10-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Headed out about 9AM over the hill we went withmy wife and my 87 year old mom, got to the lake and hooked up the old moror home next moening we hit the water trolled from one end to the other for nada.
I talked with the people at the gate they said that the last trout plant was about two years ago, the reason was trout was killing some frogs, well no trout.
Next day we where armed with red worms and wax worms and started catching crappy and somthing called red ear looked like realy big blue gill.
This kept me and my wife occupied the rest of the week, we just set at the dock tied up
and coughta freezer full of fish.
Weather was good, it rained Friday night and and Saturday morning.
I met some nice people there One was a land scaper Mike and two gentlmen from a group frends of Lopez, these two are volinters.
They check for the zebra mussels and gave a list of waters that probably have them
I was surpised to see Diamond Valley lake on that list, What do you do if your boat was on one of these lakes. I took wife and mom to Herst Castle on Friaday
thers a new movie theater there about Herst, thats about it.

Tracker16

vortec_cruiser
10-30-2010, 10:21 PM
What do you do if your boat was on one of these lakes?
Tracker16

Make sure you thoroughly dry out your boat for about a week. They will survive in damp areas of your boat.

Hometown
10-31-2010, 02:28 PM
tHANKS FOR THE POST THOSE RED EAR ARE GREAT EATING