PDA

View Full Version : DD Duct Doing

yolo
10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
No worky today so I decided to head out at sunrise. Hit the first spot and was throwing my softies for nothing. Switched over to the Mafia 1.25oz lipless crank with holographic shad pattern. I get a slapper after a few casts. I have caught a few fish on this previously but my hooks were still sharp. I keep casting and get hit again and swing. It is on. Once again I am having to deal with the buoy line. It immediately runs under them and is on a rampage. I am using my spinning reel with MH rod and 15lb Berkley Vanish flouro. I feel the line rubbing. I bury the tip in the water and just let him run. Reel some and drag is screaming zzzz, zzzz, zzzzz. Its making its way to a transition current and backflow. I am getting slack in a hurry with it running at me and the current flowing back at me too. I didn't want him to spit it. I am reeling in line as fast as I can but can't lift the rod tip because I will definitely snag a buoy knuckle with the slack line. Thankfully it stays on and as I make progress on the slack, it is bendo again as it heads for the gates. Now I have the barbed wire fence to deal with. I see the line rub a bit on it but no breakage ( I thought everyone says Vanish sucks, lol). Get it back into the main current in the middle and am able to get it in. Grip it and drag it up. Another nice one that went 30" and would estimate 11lbs. Little skinnier than my previous 30" but not by much.

I stay for a little longer and hook another one but it gets off after 10 seconds of battling. Worked it even longer but nothing else. Came home and now my son wants to go out. Maybe another report coming later? :Big Grin:

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2010-29-10/Duct10-29-10_1.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%2010-29-10/Duct10-29-10_2.jpg

kpn
10-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Nicely Done Z! You make me want to go there now LOL.......

Khanh.

tpfishnfool
10-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Killin It Yolo !! It is Prime time...

yolo
10-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Come now Khanh. I'm taking my son in a few. Going to look for the one that got away.

This guy had 1 sculpin in him and the remains of a backbone of some other fish.

fishinone
10-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Nice catch Yolo.

Now I want to move to Palmdale!

MarkyMark
10-29-2010, 09:25 AM
yolo,

Damn, another one? NICE!!!

I'm at work right now:EyePop::EyePop:

MM

HaiTheMeister
10-29-2010, 09:51 AM
You made it look too easy to catch a DD, Yolo! Congrats!

huukup12
10-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Way to slay Yolo...DD in day time...way cool.

trail blazer
10-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Great job YOLO!!!!!!!!.

STRIPER JUNKIE!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

kpn
10-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Come now Khanh. I'm taking my son in a few. Going to look for the one that got away.

This guy had 1 sculpin in him and the remains of a backbone of some other fish.

Z,
My KPN's fishing side saying...." let go fishing", but my other KPN's business side say......"you better staying home finish all orders.....if you want to fish....the only chance is at night....you either sleep or fish.....your choice". Who need sleep when it comes to fishing right? :LOL:.
I may run in to you out there some day.....
Most of my fishing trip now a day in un-plan, until the last minute.

Good luck finding the one that got away Z.

Khanh.

yolo
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Z,
My KPN's fishing side saying...." let go fishing", but my other KPN's business side say......"you better staying home finish all orders.....if you want to fish....the only chance is at night....you either sleep or fish.....your choice". Who need sleep when it comes to fishing right? :LOL:.
I may run in to you out there some day.....
Most of my fishing trip now a day in un-plan, until the last minute.

Good luck finding the one that got away Z.

Khanh.

Well I tried to find it with my son but nothing. We only worked one spot but we worked it hard.

Keep working on those lures to meet demand. I have not found a more durable finish than yours. Do not change the formula or process.

Last minute for you is an hour notice for me. Remember that when you decide to go, it takes almost an hour to get here. I am only minutes away so text me. We can line up me on one side of Hai and you on the other and corral them to Hai until he gets a 10+ .

cutbait
10-29-2010, 03:20 PM
We can line up me on one side of Hai and you on the other .

Was a great report and subsequent replies till this. Now I am concerned about fishing with you guys in the future and will certainly refuse any sandwich offerings if we do.

Nice fish Yalo!

yolo
10-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't see anything wrong with side to side. It's the inline I would be worried about, lol.

novel44
10-29-2010, 04:55 PM
What's there to say other than great job AGAIN....
So far hitting the duct at different times of the day for 30 or so minutes aren't doing anything for me.. i swear i'll have a report one of this days with a pic of a fish hehehe...