PDA

View Full Version : Question to all hard core trout troller at the vine

CALFISHER4EVR
10-27-2010, 07:52 PM
How is the trolling bite during the first stocking of trout season? I think it probably gets better as the season continues. I usually start later in the season. Or, is it a good bet to give it a try on the opening day?

VinePatrol
10-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Trolling is very good during trout opening season...The ticket is to find the right lure presentation that the new stock may want at Irvine Lake. Keep in mind that we do have holdover trout that are still in the lake and being caught, due to the water levels being kept high!

REMEMBER, we still have some holdovers steelies/rainbows/browns that will keep your drags screaming along with the new trout stock coming during the opening week of November!

Good luck to all trollers and bait-n-wait fishermen/women for this 2011 Trout Season at the Vine!

NoHo ART
10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
the bite is very good since they dump 20k lbs of trout in there for the opener...
the question is can you handle a zoo full of ignorant and/or first time boaters on rentals?:ROFL:
to me its just not worth the headache.
i might do the vip day if i get my new o/b on the boat on time

Rooster
10-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Should be awesome if ya ask me. Last year was wide open on the troll opening weekend. Hope ya get a toad

TaperSteve
10-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Last year I killed em opening day with the Diawa SC Shiner Bubblegum and Gold colors. As the season progressed it seems the Rapala CD5 Firetiger color did really good. Like VP said, its all about dialing in to what they want to bite on that day.

TS

MAVERICK27
10-28-2010, 09:04 AM
I think it may depend on the water temp as well. If its cold, they will stay up longer to troll with mono and YES it was WFO last year. Last Saturday the water was still 68 degrees. A little warm for the troutses if you ask me. Bring Lead core and you'll catch on one of the two..then WFO!! :) GL everyone!!!

Rooster...get another boat so we can troll!!! Mine has a 90hp on it :(

hooks
10-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Mine has a 90 on it too.
I have a trolling plate though, that lets me troll at just that right speed. :Big Grin:
I think it will be too warm still also and WAY too many fools on the weekend to troll anyways.
The kitties still wanna play anyway.
Tight lines..

MAVERICK27
10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah I have used plates on my motors, but this one has a hydra foil that would interfere with it. I am just not sure I want to go through with putting one on this boat. I also have a hotfoot foot pdel throttle that is not so trolling friendly, but a blast when i'm on the throttle :)

5150fishn
10-28-2010, 11:44 AM
The last few years have been really good on the opener for me for trolling. The crowds are a little crazy but over all I have always limited or double limited out while trolling from my kayak.

VinePatrol
10-29-2010, 12:44 PM
current water temps today 10/29/10
64 degrees

:Cool:

MAVERICK27
10-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'm going tomorrow and this is key for my planning! See ya in the morning!!!

CALFISHER4EVR
10-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Thank you all for your tips on fishing and opinions. I think I will show up but maybe a little later. Early morning launches always remind me of the movie,"Jaws" when everyone is in the harbor going and hears there is a bounty $$$$$ on the shark.

troutdog
10-31-2010, 02:08 AM
current water temps today 10/29/10
64 degrees

:Cool:

"Das is goot!"

Thanks Senor VP :LOL:

TD

MAVERICK27
10-31-2010, 07:28 AM
The launch is not really that busy. Dont miss the best fishing of the day! I'll pull your truck out and park it to help anyone out. Guys have done it for me. :)

CALFISHER4EVR
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
The launch is not really that busy. Dont miss the best fishing of the day! I'll pull your truck out and park it to help anyone out. Guys have done it for me. :)

Thanks Mav for the offer. I will be trolling in the bass tracker with the bimini top. Say Hello if you pass bye.

TroutOnly
10-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Go during the week and avoid all the boat traffic ,most trolling there dont obey any of the boating or trolling rules,so if you like losing lures,and the trolling is always better when its a little more quiet,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,trolling-only,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VinePatrol
10-31-2010, 08:30 PM
"Das is goot!"

Thanks Senor VP :LOL:

TD

check the 1st trout stocking for 2010..alot of full-tailed trolling-type trout kickers in there!
Click HERE>>> 1st Irvine Lake Trout Stocking 2010 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?50964-***-Irvine-Lake-1st-Trout-Stocking-2010-**)

The launch is not realdly that busy. Dont miss the best fishing of the day! I'll pull your truck out and park it to help anyone out. Guys have done it for me. :)

...Also, there are designated parking areas for private boat launch parking ONLY. If you dont see any, we / Irvine Lake Staff will be happy to assist any of you!

-----------------------------------------

As for trolling...

-Clockwise around the lake
-Maximum Irvine Lake Speed Limit 5mph (for boater/kayak/float tuber's/fisherman safety)
-Common Courtesy- give ample room, try not to run too close behind other boaters who are trolling...it avoids cutting off lines/lures/bait. GOT FISH! :Cool:

Rooster
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Anyone know if the ramp in the flats will be open as well?

VinePatrol
11-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Rooster, the ramp in the back of the flats is out of the water now...unless you are talking about the ramp behind trout island..we will not be using those ramps for trout opener. The concrete ramp to the side of the fish cleaning stations, with 3 lanes will be open/used- Thanks for asking!

MAVERICK27
11-01-2010, 09:04 AM
You got it Calfisher. I'll be sure to look out for ya! I'll be in a metal flake grey tournament Tf 16 bass boat.

TaperSteve
11-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Good luck out there Calfisher!

TS

PS - TS = TrollerSteve this trout season!!! Trout Wars!!!

Seņor.Chilax
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Good luck out there Calfisher!

TS

PS - TS = TrollerSteve this trout season!!! Trout Wars!!!

I like that... TrollerSteve, nice ring to it. Good luck out there! What day are you heading out?

karlkrger
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
opening day is always good but super packed.. i like to fish usually when there is not a lot of ppl