PDA

View Full Version : Warming Trend Help?

hookup90247
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi Castaic Anglers...

I was up there this morning throwing the 8" BBZ-1 off the dam for a big bite but it never came. I actually had one smallish LMB follow it back up to the dam but never commited. I know we had a trout plant up there to help start inspiring the fish to move in, but they seem to be gone now. It was blowin there this morning but not bad enough to close the lake to boating. Nevertheless, I had a great time. Its not really the same getting skunked when you go out with one rod and one bait and that bite never comes. I actually feel pretty good that one even took the time to follow the plug in close enough for me to see it swim away! hahahahahahah. I am really looking forward to the winter and the chance to hook something on the big baits...

I'm back in Torrance now and its down right getting hot. With this warming trend coming for this weekend, do you guys think that the fish...and bait (shad) are going to pop back up or is the fall season done for the year? Very interested to hear what you guys think. Thanks for reading and hope to catch up with you all at the lake sometime in the future.

koifish
10-27-2010, 05:31 PM
I am planning to go there tomorrow morning for a couple of hours. The weather has not been so good for the whole week. It might take a couple of stocks before the big ones come as someone had said !!! It is getting warm for today and tomorrow then it will be rained and cold on Friday...not a very good fishing time now. I think the shad bait is done for this year...When the winter comes, there will be bait n wait sardine fishing.

geobass
10-27-2010, 08:25 PM
I was up at the lagoon this morning. Man it was blowing pretty good. No bites. Water was 60.

Ray Lopez
10-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I was up at the lagoon this morning. Man it was blowing pretty good. No bites. Water was 60.
Yea i hear that Geo. I thought maybe this wind might get the fish active by pushing the bait close to shore. But i was only able to smash out one little 3 pounder the other night. Might head out there again today and try a day time bite.

But on the upper lake the big baits will work well once they get 1 or 2 more stockings in the upper lake. The warming trend is not gonna be for long. Since they are saying possible rain for friday and saturday. Another low is coming to town. Just be patient the fishing will pick back up sooner then later i hope.