PDA

View Full Version : Bass still active at the VINE! And good Karma

MAVERICK27
10-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Well ladies and gents,
I haven't posted for a while, and sorry for no pics of bigger fish. I'm not posting to show what I can catch. Besides, I didn't boat anything over 3.5 lbs anyway. I just wanted to let my fellow Bass guys know that the bite is still there!

I also wanted to thank the Irvine Lake Staff (patrol) and a guy named Jeremiah that I met. I went to launch my boat and lowered the trim while starting the motor. It quickly died with no choke on. When I went to start it again, NO trim and NO crank??? Long story short, Vine Staff and Jeremiah spent the better part of the morning bite helping me get her on the water. Turned out to be a wire touching something. That fixed, she fired right up and off I went. I later found jeremiah and thanked him with a bag of Zoom Brushhogs. Thanks Buddy!!

Its nice to see Anglers and Staff helping each other out....even if it cuts into quality fishing time. I have done that countless times for others, so maybe Karma??

As far as the bite, I had to work for it, but they bit on senkos, small plastics, crankbaits, shaky heads, and I spoke to some other anglers who reported some great swimbait action in the AM. I lost around five fish, boated about 6 little babies and about 8 average fish. The bass still seem to be on the shad consistantly for the day. I hope this helps. I wanted to say thanks for the help as well as warm these boards up again. Its been quiet.

Now get out there and have fun! Bass is not just a summer fish at the Vine :)

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/lilbass2.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/lilbass.jpg

Thisfool
10-27-2010, 02:06 PM
cool way to go MAV it good to see you post up a report and to see you can still catch fish lol j/k but I know you got that bass bug bad so i hope you dont neglect the trout this season

Thisfool
10-27-2010, 02:08 PM
just noticed the second one almost looks like a smalie from the pic it looks like the jaw ends infront of the eye.

fish ful
10-27-2010, 03:14 PM
good job getting the bass. The bass are always around....just got to fish for them. if you go out next week, let me know. work is slow so i need to do more fishing.

maybe we can get into them like last time and get another 40+ fish day. that was unreal!

MAVERICK27
10-27-2010, 04:19 PM
ThisFool, Thanks man! Yeah I had a couple nice fish come unbuttoned, but that's fishing. As long as I continue to find what they want and get em to bite, i'm happy. I'm sure i'll have to break down and hit up some trout again. I can't let all my gear go to waste. I'll probably see ya out there, regardless of what fish i'm targeting!!

Yeah Preston! We had a great day out there, didn't we? Looks like i'm gonna hit it up this weekend again, perhaps Saturday. Let me know if you're down and we'll plan it. Give me a call and we can firm it up.

dfisher
10-27-2010, 04:39 PM
very nice, thanks for the report!

VinePatrol
10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Nice, and no problem helping you out Maverick...I, like the other staff, always try to help out any fisherman, boaters, etc when needed.... Even helping out on the ramp with private boaters launching or other, like yourself...I'm glad you got on the LMB- but looks like the ones photo'd need some extra 'baggage' still :Smile:

brycek1984
10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
them are perfect bait size.

Rooster
10-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Nice report Chris, Good job as always bro.. Hope 2 cya out there during trout season. Props

BRING IT
10-27-2010, 10:35 PM
what up mav, I better see you out there rippin some trouts. you, T-dog & myself should ink a slay day. I will turn up the heat on these boards come VIP day for sure. Take care brotha. peace out Scott / Team BRING IT:Guns:

Seņor.Chilax
10-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Nice going Maverick, it sure has been awhile. Irvine's section has been pretty quiet this summer but hopefully it will all change next week with those trout reports. See you out in the water Mav. Peace.

MAVERICK27
10-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks again VinePatrol! ROOOOOOOOOOOOSTER!!! If i'm gonna kill troutses, you, TD, and Scott would be the ones to get me out there for sure!

ThisFool, It always gets quiet in summer. I have been catching alot of bass this summer, but haven't always posted. I have just been busy and haven't had the time to devote to it. Besides, bass reports always attract strange responses. I just post to get everyone reading something to make them want to go fishing that upcoming weekend. That's what always gets me going.

I'll see you all out there this year! I loves me some Irvine Lake!! can't beat time spent with the Team 57 family!!!

troutdog
10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Always an adventure out on the water with you Mav.....dockside ufc matches, stuck anchors, supervising the ramp area on tourney days, trim issues in the harbor etc. I always enjoy reading/hearing a good story from you, looking forward to slammin some fish with you this trout season! You still trout fish right?

Is it November yet?

TD

MAVERICK27
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Haha, never a dull moment eh TD? Don't worry, come November we'll be knee deep in some troutses!!