PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 10/26/2010

BufordT9
10-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Hit up BBL today on the way back from Joshua Tree....Got to my spot around 4:30pm fished until about 7pm. Did really well, but...

The first bite (within first 10 minutes) was on Garlic Powerbait/Powerbait trout attractant on a 18" leader using 2lb pline fluorocarbon test. Fought really hard! Bending the rod all over the place, got this rainbow withing 4 feet of the shore, as my buddy went to net it, it jumped, broke the line and got away. It was good size 18" +.

Second bite came on Lemon Lime power eggs on a 24" leader, 4lb fluorocarbon test. Had the the rod slam, then went to set the hook, and it was gone, but somebody got a free dinner.

About 6:45pm all the sunlight was gone and it got REALLY cold, fast. Dipping into the low 40s.

Unsuccessful baits were:
Chartruese Powerworms
Fly (nymphs)/bubble combo
Orange Powerbait
Rainbow Powerbait

3rd time at Big Bear this month....number 4 is gonna be a slay day. oh yeah, i can feel it.

Sorry no pics!

Cameron
10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I have been hearing lots of negative reports on the trout up here the past week from folks on the lake & phone calls.Im shocked really & truly thought the bite would be nice with the cooler weather.Glad you got some action & bet ur right about next trip.I am trying to take the kids this week sometime & will give a report.Thanks for sharing.

Piss on Myspace
10-27-2010, 09:04 PM
keep your head up bro...its fishing. atleast you got to feel the fish fight! What were you doing in Joshua Tree?....i camp and rockclimb there all the time...gorgeous aint it?

Which Way Out
10-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Heading up Friday night for the weekend.

Sublime-Steve
10-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Lake got stocked today @ 10 am got 2 on a crank bait and 2 on night crawlers

Cameron
10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Awesome I wont get out til Monday or maybe Sunday morning.To busy this week to fish & thats a horrid thing.Nice job Steve & thanks for the report.