PDA

View Full Version : Corona 10/26

novel44
10-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Got to the lake at 6:45am with my dad and brother. picked up a few stuff from the shop and headed to the boat launch area.
Lines in the water by 7-7:15... Bite was really slow all day long. Managed to land one trout, 2 Tilapia between the three of us. Tossed every single power bait walmart has to offer. Went with green, orange, yellow, rainbow, redish, garlic, marshmallows, pellets, doughs....nada..
Tried 2# test, 4# test, 6# test (is what caught the tailwalker). messed around with 8-18" leader, hooks, made no difference.

The only trout was landed on a garlic marshmallow and NC combo.

Guy to the left of us using rainbow and orange PB left with 4 or 5. Another guy caught 3 within 30 minutes around 2-2:30pm. The most successful was a guy on a pontoon right in front of us using neon green gulp power worms. I think he had his limit + by 10am. Very nice guy, gave my brother one to try. I ended up using it. Hooked one after the 3rd cast but broke my line as it got close to shore and jumped.

Tossed one or two rods for catfish with shrimp, mac, M&M combo but nothing.

Constant hits on Night Crawlers but no hookups.

By late afternoon my bro was buzzed from a few (or a dozen) beers so he seemed to entertain everyone around by his loud ars remarks and powerhouse hooksets that would have ripped any fish lip.

All in all was a fun trip to be out with dad again ... yeah i'm not going to mention my brother in the fun part lol....I'm not sure i'll go back again unless they are running a 1/2 special or something.

ohh the small one was the only fish my bro caught and refused to let it go....

Thisfool
10-26-2010, 06:15 PM
well atleast you cought a few. it allways hurts a little bit when every one but you is catching fish. im sure you will get them next time.

ps you said crappie but i think those are talapia

novel44
10-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Corrected thanks Thisfool
ohh and yeah i'm not complaining or anything, atleast we did catch something just doesn't seem worth it at this time, at least not to me. Maybe when the water gets a little colder?... was still warm to the touch.

BigBass777
10-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Those Nebraska fish love anything orange. They probably eat trout eggs often inside the hatchery. They live in a natural environment where the water temp is very cold!!! The outside air temp hovers at 10 degrees. The meat inside of these fish is also orange like a salmon. The Mt. Lassen fish prefer powerbait.

The lack of your fish catching doesn't surprise me. I have the same problem when visiting these 2 pay lakes. I dislike these pay lakes. It's the only place to fish for a short drive in or outside of Orange County. Once there your elbow to elbow to no end in site. If you don't get in line very early then your pretty much out of luck.

Stocking fish is expensive but you'd think with the amount of pressure these lake receive the fish would be plentiful for everyone. The more people who fish these lakes, the more money is used for stocking fish despite the written contract they have agreed upon. Fishing is fishing. Their is no guarantee that you'll catch something each time out.