PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas - Next Team 57 Event!

NachoFish
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Ok guys......Trout season is here :LOL: and the holiday season is creeping up on us. This year we wanted to do things a little different in regards to our next event. Team 57 is all about the four F's (Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing) and we've all been so good with that moto in regards to OUR Team. This year we want to give back to those less fortunate than us.......all while enjoying a day of fishing. I'm currently working the details out with Craig Elliot (Corona/SARL) for our next event. This will be a canned food drive event and YES, the members will benefit also for participating. What I need from all of you is suggestions and input on a worthy charity. Worthy meaning a battered women's shelter or some place the canned food would benefit. Preferably in the Orange County area. All ideas welcome but beware....if your idea of a worthy charity is a local cannabis club then.........well, you'll look like a dork.

Thank you 57 Family and I know we can come up with some great ideas!! :Cool:

Just some suggestions

1. Orangewood Childrens Home
2. Friendship Shelter

troutdog
10-26-2010, 02:11 PM
GREAT idea Donna! I'd like to do some more research, but donating to a local school might be something to consider....there is DonorsChoose.org that helps local schools get supplies needed to help children with their educational needs.

http://www.donorschoose.org/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=helpps&utm_campaign=generic&utm_term=child%20charities

Lets all put our heads together and catch some fish for a good cause....way to get the ball rollong NachoFish!

TD

evalrez
10-26-2010, 02:26 PM
This is a great idea Donna!
Im doing some research as well....Troutdog i love your idea of giving to kids who dont have the materials they need for school

NachoFish
10-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Great ideas guys! I'm really thinking mostly food this time around. If we decide on a shelter for women or kids we could absolutely add school supplies in with the food. We can definitely do this again as well.

Keep the ideas coming! Off to a good start!

the killa fish taco
10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
great idea!!! my sister in-law works for a place called Human Options. Its a place for abused women and children. If you want I can get you her number and see if we can do something for them. I believe they are in Irvine.

troutdog
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Great ideas guys! I'm really thinking mostly food this time around. If we decide on a shelter for women or kids we could absolutely add school supplies in with the food. We can definitely do this again as well.

Keep the ideas coming! Off to a good start!

Okay lemme do a little poking around and see what I can come up with along these lines....maybe something that would put holiday dinners on family's tables depending on when the event is going to take place?

TD

evalrez
10-26-2010, 02:57 PM
maybe something that would put holiday dinners on family's tables depending on when the event is going to take place?

TD

Yeah I was thinking the same....

Thisfool
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
love the idea. my first thought was a childrens home so i vote for the orangwood childrens home.

NachoFish
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
great idea!!! my sister in-law works for a place called Human Options. Its a place for abused women and children. If you want I can get you her number and see if we can do something for them. I believe they are in Irvine.

I've heard of this place also. Great idea. Can you please PM me her name and number?

Thank you

Donna

Korin
10-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Donna,

Now I know why my higher power brought me to this group!

I will start buying extra cans of healthy food now.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Korin
Lady Loves to Help

smokehound
10-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Why not use the event to help out doctors without borders?

That would be neat.

Hitts0n
10-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Reguardless of what you guys figure out,just let me know,I will defin put in on this !
Keep up the great work !

Hometown
10-31-2010, 10:21 AM
great idea I will help out however I can maybe we could do a 50/50 raffle and raise a little cash for tha charity.

CatchthatTrout
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Another thought,
Instead of collecting sponsor gifts to give out with a raffle to Team 57 members, we ask the sponsors to give/donate to the charity we're sponsoring, with either toys or foods.
If the sponsor can only give merchandise then we hold a silent auction and give the monies to the charities we're sponsoring.

NachoFish
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Another thought,
Instead of collecting sponsor gifts to give out with a raffle to Team 57 members, we ask the sponsors to give/donate to the charity we're sponsoring, with either toys or foods.
If the sponsor can only give merchandise then we hold a silent auction and give the monies to the charities we're sponsoring.

Great idea Tony! I will still have a few things to raffle off.

NachoFish
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. Putting together all the information now and will announce the next Official Team 57 event very soon!

Donna