PDA

View Full Version : AV Duct 10/23-10/24.

kpn
10-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I've been busy working on lures and the weather was killing me. I was staying home working all day Sat and my friend Hai call me late Sat invite me to fish the duct with him. I did fish the duct last sat, so I sait let go and see anything change.
We were on ours way around 9pm and when we just past Pyramid lake, the CHP ran a break in front of us and later shut down the freeway for an hour....Bummer!
There was a major accident they had to clear up.
We sit there and wait, since we could not turn around, later they open up and we got to the 1 first spot at 10.45pm. The wind was howling out there.
On the 5th cast, Hai hooked up, major bendo on his rod, but lost it after couple second. Bummer 1!
Later on he got hit again, but it does not stick either. Bummer #2 for Hai.

Cast after cast and more cast later I hooked up and landed my first one, a 6 lbers. I love the fight of the duct's striper....hard and strong :LOL:. We fished a little more, nothing! So we move to the second spot. Nothing after 30', we moved to the 3rd spot.

We fished hard at the 3rd spot and after that many cast, I hooked up, this one fought hard and did not want to comes in, he just stay at the strong current. I put more presure and he slowly coming in, Hai net em for me. Thanks for the net job buddy!
When I put the fish on the bank, he flopp around and I heard my lure's rattle, but did not see the lure. He T-bone the lure completely :Big Grin:. A 7 lber.

We move to the 4th spot, i got hit after a few cast....set the hook, but it did not stick.

At the fifth spot I told Hai go ahead and fish I just watch, after he try for a little bit and did not get hit, I decided to make a few cast, and at the third cast I got hit hard, the fish crashing on the top and later make a few nice run, Hai net em shortly, a solid 7.5 lber.
We went to the 6th spot, Hai got hit on the sink....first cast, he set the hook, but it did not stick....Bummer #3 for Hai. We fished for 30' and called it a "morning". It was 4.30am. We took some pictures and head home, we got home at 5.30am.....

Hai. Sorry you did not get any bro....Next time forsure.

Here are some pics.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_0101.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_0097.jpg

Cooler shot.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/IMG_0102.jpg

I got to bed at 6 am and wake up at 9am to work on my lures again :LOL:. Life is GOOD!

The weather ranging from 51 to 57 degree and WINDY!

Khanh.

novel44
10-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Impressive as always. Great job.

VietReefer
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
WTG anh Khanh, those are nice piggies

trail blazer
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
WTG,,,,,,,,

KPN /AV /DUCT/ SLAYAGE

WTG KAHN,Niceeeeeeeee

TRAIL BLAZER

HaiTheMeister
10-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Great job buddy! I think I am cursed by the striper god. I still had a great time though.

yolo
10-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Nice going Khanh. Bummer for Hai. It happens. Was out there too but from like 9:00pm to 1:00am. We must have missed each other. Caught and released several fish but they were smaller than what you guys found. They were 3lb to 5lb class but stuffed bellies. You are right. I experienced the same thing with the fish smacking the lures with the side of their head. Had some come off and all but one that was hooked and landed had the lure on the side of the face. They would not touch anything but lipless cranks that night. I tried the hard and soft jerks and bucktails but nothing on them. Yeah it was windy and cold. Perfect striper weather as I and you guys found out. I was going to say you might have caught the released fish but mine were much smaller :Wink: I never did make a report because of the below average fish. I commented because the conditions and bite was identical to what you guys found hours later. Kind of cool to see the pattern defined by different people.

cutbait
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Productive trip! Congrats Khanh and Hai on a succesful outing.

The A/V bite sure has me jealous. I wish the Bako fish would get the message that fall has set in!

cutbait
10-25-2010, 04:48 PM
I gotta say, the first pic you holding up those fish, I thought they were 15lbers :Wink:

cutbait
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM
And I find the "hemmorhoid" cream shots from that third fish on the tailgate in the first and second pics disturbing. Clean that stuff up for the reports bud!

yolo
10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
And I find the "hemmorhoid" cream shots from that third fish on the tailgate in the first and second pics disturbing. Clean that stuff up for the reports bud!

Hopefully the stomach contents request I always ask for was not being attempted through the rear. :Shocked: Might explain your concern above, lol?

kpn
10-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Impressive as always. Great job.

Thanks bro.

WTG anh Khanh, those are nice piggies

Thanks Dylan.

WTG,,,,,,,,

KPN /AV /DUCT/ SLAYAGE

WTG KAHN,Niceeeeeeeee

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks Scott,
We will be visiting your back yard soon :LOL:.

Great job buddy! I think I am cursed by the striper god. I still had a great time though.

Too bad bro, but that fishing!
Next trip my goal is to put on your first Duct's DD :Wink:.
Thank for the invite!

Nice going Khanh. Bummer for Hai. It happens. Was out there too but from like 9:00pm to 1:00am. We must have missed each other. Caught and released several fish but they were smaller than what you guys found. They were 3lb to 5lb class but stuffed bellies. You are right. I experienced the same thing with the fish smacking the lures with the side of their head. Had some come off and all but one that was hooked and landed had the lure on the side of the face. They would not touch anything but lipless cranks that night. I tried the hard and soft jerks and bucktails but nothing on them. Yeah it was windy and cold. Perfect striper weather as I and you guys found out. I was going to say you might have caught the released fish but mine were much smaller :Wink: I never did make a report because of the below average fish. I commented because the conditions and bite was identical to what you guys found hours later. Kind of cool to see the pattern defined by different people.

Thanks Z.
I have to get my share of those striper in your back yard :Big Grin:.
I told Hai those we miss the hook set, may be they just smacking the lure without T-bone it.

Productive trip! Congrats Khanh and Hai on a succesful outing.

The A/V bite sure has me jealous. I wish the Bako fish would get the message that fall has set in!

I gotta say, the first pic you holding up those fish, I thought they were 15lbers :Wink:

Hahaha......That's funny bro.
Like I said before.....I rather holding the schoolies striper than a CARP! :Wink:.

I have NO idea what's that, may be you know by experience OR may be mating juice for Carpboy :Envious:.

Hopefully the stomach contents request I always ask for was not being attempted through the rear. :Shocked: Might explain your concern above, lol?

The gut contents for the 6 lbs is one 5" perch, the skinny 7 lbs only has a small silverside in it's gut, the 7.5 lbs has some perch in them also.
About the juice came out....I don't know....you have to ask Carpbait......Hahaha.

Thanks for the props guys.

Khanh.

yolo
10-25-2010, 08:00 PM
If they have perch in them then it makes sense they are going for the 4" lipless? They usually do this knocking/slapping in the spring when the perch are full of babies and the lipless bite rules. Very unusual for this time of year to knock/slap but just when you think you have them figured out, they throw you for a loop.

I noticed I was able to hook them by changing lures with a newer/sharper hook. Maybe something for Hai to think about? Were your hooks sharp Hai? When they slap like that it helps a lot. My buddy was missing some too and then he put some Owner stingers on his KPN and he was hooking up. His original hooks were worn.

trail blazer
10-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Cmon up KAHN,,,,,,,,,,,Hope i get to see you when your out this way,,,always a pleasure!!

Been a week or so since weve<THE BAKO BOYS > hit it up here,,,,Has improved ALOT though of recent!.

Been Working on the boat alot,,gettin it the way i want it and all,,,,took it to san,ton the other night and did a kitty slay.

Later this week we,l be hittin the duct again,,,,,,,il call you

TRAIL BLAZER

fishinone
10-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Congrats on the catching Khanh.

I wish catching striper was as easy as you make it seem.

huukup12
10-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Congrat on the slaying uncle Khanh...WTG.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
nice work Khanh, way ta knocke em down and drag them out !

Saweeet !I'm out here in texas right now or I'd be sharing in the blood fests...

congrats on the action !

Gary

NooB SaBass
10-28-2010, 12:21 AM
O.O man I wish I was that good