PDA

View Full Version : Search and no destroy

keepemlo
10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Last week I went to palls verdes first time trying to find a southern spot. Climbed down a cliff looking for boiler rocks ,none lots of salad lots of rocks ! Saw a guy with a good system a twelve foot cane pole . Saw two other fisherman soaking shrimp they came up with two or three large perch.also about ten snags.wasn't gonna risk the wing nut
L rations so I kept scouting ,after about 3 hours the scent of skunk started to come to my nose didn't do much fishing more of a scout mission .fast forward today as I drove out last week I decided to gist right at redondo palls verdes border . Got my brother up at 4 got there just right very dirty water with salad on every cast .drop shot produced small pecks .no takers .the drizzle stopped felt great to be in the surf no success.met and old salt 20 year life guard showed me a trough. Boy that alone was worth the trip
No need for pics I'll try this spot again with better weather.

murrieta angler
10-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Hey K.E.L.
Don't be surprised if that trough isn't there the next time you head there Bro.
What were you using for bait, besides the LC. You might want to keep some grubs on you so you can get the skunk off your back next time.
Thanks for the report,
Robert

Wingnut
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I like your persistence... keep it up and you will find success. I'm predicting a great report coing from you soon. :Wink:

DockRat
10-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Down at Rat there is alot of salad.
Went to Torrance Beach the other day for a hour and had grass on almost every cast.
Try KH JCS. Alex got a nice 4-5 lb Bonito on a LC last week.
DR

keepemlo
10-31-2010, 07:22 AM
I also drpshoted whit swim bait my brother used the 4 inch cam worm for small nibbles I also noticed a lot of dirt coming off the cliffs there after the rains it getsvreally dirty there but lots of signs birds dolphins sand crabs and all those reefs just north there I'll try down at trumps place next time I'll never stop till I get a spot and system just hope my brother keeps inspired he doesn't fish for halis yet just perch the quicker bite when I get one he will see the light thanks guys for the support hey dock rat,can't not familiar with those abbreviations
Thanks wingnut