PDA

View Full Version : 10/22/10 Nothing big.......

BassHunter1979
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Headed to DVL yet again with pops. Cold and choppy day on the water. Caught another 8 striper and 6 LMB's. Our goal was targeting the big striper all day. Didn't happen. Caught a few, biggest striper was 6.13 on my Berkley scale. Dad caught the big LMB of the day, just under 5 pounds. All the bass we caught we relatively small in length, but they all have big guts from all the bait they've been eating. Only snapped a couple photos. Only ran into 1 "TUNA BOIL" and of course we weren't ready for it. Boil lasted about 2 minutes and we were only able to pull in 2 fish because we had to tie our lures on and we were in the process of switching gear when we saw it. On the water from about 730-1200. Bass still busting the shad deep in the coves.

For all you guys that are learning, if you don't already know this pay attention to the birds. A lot of times when it is slow just find the group of birds that go under water and chase the bait fish around (Dont know the name of the birds). Find the birds = find the baitfish = find the fish. Stayed on a huge school of baitfish hoping for the striper to return, but they didn't. Never made it to the southern portion of the lake.

Saw quite a few guys trying to catch their own bait. That looked like a task in it's own. If you could land a few scoops of bait, I'm sure it would be a fish a cast. All in all, another good day just couldn't get in the DD range yet again. One of these days!

Got yelled at by a tough guy in a Ranger. On our way back to the Marina, we saw a few fish jumping and evidentially we got to close to them because he yelled, "It doesn't help when you park on top of them!" lol Sorry bro, dad was driving...he doesn't fish all that often and sometimes the rental don't go in the direction you aim them.

From what I gathered, if you are targeting LMB's, get into a cove and fish right on the banks with the smallest bait looking lure/fluke you can find. If you are targeting striper, find the boils. Striper Boils are great because I think you can throw anything in there and they will hit it. Caught 3 on the KPN Skinny / 2 on a chrome spook / 1 Rapala / Flukes / Scroungers for the rest. Last cove before you hit the North/west dam area held TONS of bait fish. That cove that has that island just out of it. Park between the island and the cove and drift into the cove and it was wide open on LMB's. We were trying to target BIG FISH..........Best of luck!
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/1022001037.jpg
Pops and a little one......
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/1022001035.jpg
UH O, who's this??? My lucky Bass Pro Shirt/Camo hat. Hey KewlWHip, another one for your fridge!! :Shocked:

ddoskocil
10-22-2010, 10:38 PM
SWEET REPORT - going sunday. Seems the reports are very similar, thanks for the great info - big lake, lots of fish for everyone. Will report soon!

skunked again
10-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Nice report, thanks Basshunter.

bassturd
10-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Nice report! There are so many people that try to keep what they used and where they caught them a secret, so its nice to get some info. Might be headin out there net week. My buddy Sea Addiction and I did pretty good out there a couple weeks ago. Thanks again man! Good job!

Big Daddy
10-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Headed to DVL yet again with pops. Cold and choppy day on the water. Caught another 8 striper and 6 LMB's. Our goal was targeting the big striper all day. Didn't happen. Caught a few, biggest striper was 6.13 on my Berkley scale. Dad caught the big LMB of the day, just under 5 pounds. All the bass we caught we relatively small in length, but they all have big guts from all the bait they've been eating. Only snapped a couple photos. Only ran into 1 "TUNA BOIL" and of course we weren't ready for it. Boil lasted about 2 minutes and we were only able to pull in 2 fish because we had to tie our lures on and we were in the process of switching gear when we saw it. On the water from about 730-1200. Bass still busting the shad deep in the coves.

For all you guys that are learning, if you don't already know this pay attention to the birds. A lot of times when it is slow just find the group of birds that go under water and chase the bait fish around (Dont know the name of the birds). Find the birds = find the baitfish = find the fish. Stayed on a huge school of baitfish hoping for the striper to return, but they didn't. Never made it to the southern portion of the lake.

Saw quite a few guys trying to catch their own bait. That looked like a task in it's own. If you could land a few scoops of bait, I'm sure it would be a fish a cast. All in all, another good day just couldn't get in the DD range yet again. One of these days!

Got yelled at by a tough guy in a Ranger. On our way back to the Marina, we saw a few fish jumping and evidentially we got to close to them because he yelled, "It doesn't help when you park on top of them!" lol Sorry bro, dad was driving...he doesn't fish all that often and sometimes the rental don't go in the direction you aim them.

From what I gathered, if you are targeting LMB's, get into a cove and fish right on the banks with the smallest bait looking lure/fluke you can find. If you are targeting striper, find the boils. Striper Boils are great because I think you can throw anything in there and they will hit it. Caught 3 on the KPN Skinny / 2 on a chrome spook / 1 Rapala / Flukes / Scroungers for the rest. Last cove before you hit the North/west dam area held TONS of bait fish. That cove that has that island just out of it. Park between the island and the cove and drift into the cove and it was wide open on LMB's. We were trying to target BIG FISH..........Best of luck!
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/1022001037.jpg
Pops and a little one......
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kbacor/1022001035.jpg
UH O, who's this??? My lucky Bass Pro Shirt/Camo hat. Hey KewlWHip, another one for your fridge!! :Shocked:

InfoHunter1979,Lunker1979,bassHunter1979 Whatever your name is you talk about people telling everything and telling the truth and I asked if you changed your name on another thread and you said no "don't need to lie" Man what is your problem. Whats real in your report if anything. Just be real. I even tried to talk to you the other day at the lake and you denied it was you and ran like dog. That's no way to live Brother. A clean star as Basshunter and start thrashing kewly right off. Come on young fella.

Originally Posted by kewlwhip
im not gona change my reports here, thanks Hitts-

great for you, want a cookie?you sound sound like this guy below again, only the first half of your name is different.

Here's your quote.

Haha, no that's not me. You probably printed that picture out and stuck it on your fridge too though huh? What you don't get is everything you are quoting in that picture is you. That's the funny part. That's everything YOU do....lol. That's why all your posts are ridiculously funny. All you do is contradict yourself. But at least you opened up and are now revealing your lures (if you're not lying). Next week I'm sure you will open up more and start telling people what cove you are in, or what time of day you catch the big ones....something...lol. Kind of like rehab for you guys, slow progression. Great job on the fish, keep it up!!

Congrats on getting into the fish to You and Your Dad.

BassHunter1979
10-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Ha...what a you talking about?? If you couldn't figure out that was me you're an idiot. It's only obvious it was me. Look at the name, I even included 1979........geez you're a bright one. You tried talking to me at the lake?? I denied it and ran like a dog?? What are you talking about?? Mabe you've been hitting the old bottle because you are clueless. Just read posts. Obviously I cant comment because people get upset and go tell their administrator buddies..........so quit crying, I have...gets you no where..... Thanks for reading........

Big Daddy
10-23-2010, 08:12 AM
New name same stupidity, were not all detectives here we take people at there word thats what you were wanting because you don't know how to do that

I am Glad you and dad got fish though,

BassHunter1979
10-23-2010, 08:13 AM
New name same stupidity,

I am Glad you and dad got fish though

Gee thanks!

BassHunter1979
10-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Nice report! There are so many people that try to keep what they used and where they caught them a secret, so its nice to get some info. Might be headin out there net week. My buddy Sea Addiction and I did pretty good out there a couple weeks ago. Thanks again man! Good job!

From what I understand Sea Addiction is dialed in over there....you guys should be good to go. Send me a PM if you need anything.

BassHunter1979
10-23-2010, 08:16 AM
New name same stupidity, were not all detectives here we take people at there word thats what you were wanting because you don't know how to do that

I am Glad you and dad got fish though,

You were probably the on man with the knee brace on the Ranger yelling and screaming......lol. Seems like your personality.

hook1fred
10-23-2010, 09:42 AM
I hate it when rookies like you drive over the fish..... I'd yell at you too. You talk like your some kinda pro..... you're a newbee taking advantage of an extremely easy bite going on right now. Can't wait to see if you report when the bite drops off. Nice job on the fish THATS GREAT

BassHunter1979
10-23-2010, 10:55 AM
I hate it when rookies like you drive over the fish..... I'd yell at you too. You talk like your some kinda pro..... you're a newbee taking advantage of an extremely easy bite going on right now. Can't wait to see if you report when the bite drops off. Nice job on the fish THATS GREAT

Maybe you can't read.......my dad was driving the boat and I explained the problem to him after he made the error. I hate old farts like you that that have their own boat that think they know everything about fishing. I probably fish more then you pal......thanks for the post though! Does the bite ever drop off?? Doesn't for me..........maybe you....keep reading my posts, I'll help you out. Better yet, send a PM, I'll give you some pointers on how to drive over boils.....lol.

hook1fred
10-23-2010, 05:25 PM
First off get your pops a set of glasses or have his glaucoma ridden eyes repaired.... second off by the looks of your pictures your not on anything but school sized stripers ( anyone with spincast and a fiberglass rod can catch those ) I can tell your new at the game cause your still taking shots of 1-2 pound stripers and posting them up like they are special. Son don't kid yourself your still in the infancy stage of fishing you've got alot to learn..... you can pm me and i'll help you and your pops out

BassHunter1979
10-23-2010, 07:10 PM
First off get your pops a set of glasses or have his glaucoma ridden eyes repaired.... second off by the looks of your pictures your not on anything but school sized stripers ( anyone with spincast and a fiberglass rod can catch those ) I can tell your new at the game cause your still taking shots of 1-2 pound stripers and posting them up like they are special. Son don't kid yourself your still in the infancy stage of fishing you've got alot to learn..... you can pm me and i'll help you and your pops out

Ha...you're a funny Old man. Take pot shots at my dads eyes in a picture? Are you 12? You're a funny guy. Oh I get it, you were probably the crippled guy that yelled from the Ranger boat when we drove up on your boil......that makes sense now. Go figure, fishing by yourself......no friends? no family? It doesn't matter the size of fish I catch that day, I take pictures and post how I did. I try and help out other peeps as best as I can. I like how you make like 3 posts in 3 years.....all were in reference to you selling your gear or complaining about other boats. You contribute a lot to this site....thank you!

That was you, it all makes sense now. You should be thanking my dad that he was there with me or I would have driven my boat right into your Ranger and threw you off it. Then you would be trying to fish in a full body cast. Get your own material...don't use mine back at me...that's lame.

Troutman65
10-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Sure seems like this is turning into a :Pee: contest . WTF :???:

BassHunter1979
10-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Sure seems like this is turning into a :Pee: contest . WTF :???:

Tell me about it.....what a joke. This guy is running his mouth about my dad's picture. Douchebag!

INDOANGLER2.1
10-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Great report Basshunter, thanks for sharing. Don't even reply to all the negetave remarks, its not worth it and that's not what this site is about. Keep the reports coming.

HuskerRod
10-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Lets get this report back on task and let "level heads prevail". Great job out on the lake and some good catches for sure. Thats good advice and some I'll definately put to use. I've been yelled at a time or two at the lake as well. For what, Im not entirely sure, but I just waved and kept fishing.

carpanglerdude
10-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey, nice report. Thanks for sharing the info, sorry to see all the hate in this thread.

Raging about someone's "glaucoma eye's" is pretty low, imho. Grow up.

HEMAN
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
so.......

Can i PM all of you guys for some pointers then? I need to catch me some fishies!!

BassHunter1979
10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Aparently I don't know how to fish but I answer any PM's I get to the best of my knowledge......send away.