PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Morning session with Khan

SDDave
10-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Saw Khan at the ramp this morning and invited him on board, told him I was going big after stripey cause of the plant. So off we went, he gave me a bait 4" in white, I said I first wanted to throw my arms off with the trout plugs and would toss it between chest pains and elbow spasms... He could only fish till 9:45
I guess everyone knows that they planted trout yesterday, well didn't see any at the ramp when we left, being the first plant of the year, the dinner bell is slow to sound sometimes, there wasn't any bigger fish holding them at the launch ramp so it was out to the outside area's, Khan broke the casting session up with the first fish, he was talking to me and the fish caught him by surprise and hit pretting hard right at the boat, I jump on the job of netting his fish, we took couple pics, weighted it and tossed it in the live well, the fish went 3.9 good start to the morning I told him that I was looking for a teener to do the same thing, Blast my bait right at the boat or anywhere in between would be fine.
Well to cut to the chase, nothing on the big plugs, I tied on my bait, Khan told me that they work the best sub surface and I broke the skunk with a nice school striper...
Made are last stop over at C Point, for a nice bass that put on a nice visual for us hitting the bait just under the surface.
Ran Khan back to the ramp, exchanged numbers said thanks, Khan had a nice morning talking and fishing with you, see you soon.
Still no trout hanging around the dock so I went back outside for some more pain tossing the wood.
Nothing, time to call it a day, went back to the ramp and the shoreline at the dam was full of guys and over at the beach side to, the Osprey's where in the air, and Mr trout was finally home, I watched a better size bass work the trout around, still no sign of the bigger model striper's, Maybe tonight it will go off or better yet in the morning....
the trout are nice size made my limit real fast at the dock, went to the goon cleaned them up and getting some ready for the skillet. So Go Fish Boys and Girls...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/6e49106b.jpghttp://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/c40819bc.jpg

kpn
10-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Dave,
Thanks so much for the invite.
I saw you up there couple times, but this morning we finally meet.
It was nice to fish with you & pick your brain about the lake :Wink:. The lake was changing abit, everyday I fish up there, I learn some new pattern.

Congrats on your first KPN's stripey and LMB :Big Grin:.
It was a slow morning, but no skunk for us :Wink:.

Khanh.

dixoncider
10-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Nice to meet you at gillians this morning Khan,,,Looks like you guys did better at Castaic than I did at Pyramid today...

tinfish
10-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Great report. Is Kahn THE maker of the KPN?

dixoncider
10-24-2010, 08:51 PM
yes he is..

kpn
10-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Nice to meet you at gillians this morning Khan,,,Looks like you guys did better at Castaic than I did at Pyramid today...

It was nice to meet you at Gallion too bro. Sorry I did not get your name...next time.
It was slow at Castaic too, but we draw some strike out of dead water, and ....no skunk for us :Wink:. I only fished for couple hrs.

Khanh.

kpn
10-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Great report. Is Kahn THE maker of the KPN?

YES! I'm :Wink:.

Khanh aka KPN.

brycek1984
10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
the oriental man looks like mr. sulu from the old startrek.

MichelleBedore
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
:Secret: Asian, my dear

hehe

stg68
10-28-2010, 05:03 AM
the oriental man looks like mr. sulu from the old startrek.

this "oriental man" can teach you how to fish......