PDA

View Full Version : Night tubing??

working4golf
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I live in the Temecula area....does anyone know any lakes to take a pontoon out at night??? WIlling to drive...but anything good closer to home would be best for those last minute fishing trips.

matt duarte
07-26-2007, 03:01 PM
corona lake..... but ive only had luck their with trout. i have seen a lot of big cats get pulled out of their and they have 50 to 150 pound stergen in their as well. im not sure about bass in their though....never caught one out of there or seen them being catched......anyone know if theirs bass in corona lake??? irvine you can be on the water till 2am

RotoSteve
07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I have tubed Corona in the past... and there is most definitely a healthy population of bass. Most people don't target them there though... but you can get them!

But is Corona open at night to tubing?

matt duarte
07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I've been on lake a night with a dingy with no problems, they never patrol that lake anyway as aone as you pay the entrence fee they don't care. huh I gotta try that lake for bass all I see is people catching cats, gills and trout

Daryl
07-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Yeah, you have to pay 40 bucks for the overnight fishing session. You can pitch a tent if you feel like staying and trying the morning bite.

Nessie Hunter
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
The Ocean & bays are open 24/7 and FREE (in most cases)... :thumb:

sonarbp
07-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Nessie,

Besides the required head lamp what other safety goodies do you need to tube at night?

Daryl
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Nessie,

Besides the required head lamp what other safety goodies do you need to tube at night?

Safety? Sea Lion repellent. :lol:

sonarbp
07-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Safety? Sea Lion repellent. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am not too worried about the seals......its the drunks driving boats that scare me!!!! :food: = :titanic:

sonarbp

Nessie Hunter
07-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Nessie,

Same as freshwater, PFD, Whistle....

sonarbp
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
:thumb: thanks Nessie......looks like I do have everything I need to do this night fishing thing!!!

sonarbp

FickMoney
07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
canyon lake if you know someone that can get you in.

socalfishing
07-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Someone said Canyon Lake, they have a boat patrol that is operated by off duty law enforcement all night long. You will get hauled out and fined. The HOA is really steep and it pays these guys very well. It is "In house" security.

FickMoney
07-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Someone said Canyon Lake, they have a boat patrol that is operated by off duty law enforcement all night long. You will get hauled out and fined. The HOA is really steep and it pays these guys very well. It is "In house" security.But if someone gets you in, you can fish all you want. i was on the water from 12am-5am and didnt see a single boat on the lake. As long as you're with a resident they have no issue with it. ive float tubed that lake plenty of times with no incident.

working4golf
08-03-2007, 10:35 AM
The ocean and surf is really interesting to me.......I see 'jokes' all the time about sea lions and such...is this really a problem???

I am relativley new to pontooning, and would like to try the ocean sometime......but I dont think I want to get my a** kicked by a SEA LION...or sharks for that matter!!! :|

sonarbp
08-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey working4golf,

First off....Welcome to the board!

About fishing in the salt....there is a chance you might encounter an occasional seal but most the time they never bother you. About the sharks, you are pretty safe in the bays but there is a chance they may swim up in there.

Nothing to worry about!!!!

If you ever want to fish Newport let me know!!!

sonarbp

Nessie Hunter
08-03-2007, 01:46 PM
No worries mate......

I have been doing it for a few years and so have a brazillion of my friends (Male & Female, Day and night)....

Other then some lost gear :bang: , not one safety issue yet... :D