PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Rod & Reel

Bishop Troutman
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
I did a first for me on friday 10/15/10. the short version was that I was in my float tube at North Lake, I had hooked and alper and was kicking over to my buddy to show before I released him, and so I put my rod and reel in the back portion of my tube and raised the trout out of the water for a quick show, I somehow let loose of the line and didnt have hold of my rod, naturally the trout dove straight down taking my rod and reel with him! I tried using thomas buyoants and their big treble hooks to drag the bottom for a while, but no luck! I hope it is found and put to good use! It was my go to rod for powerworm fishing these last three years, sounds kinda sick, but it is as if i lost my pet! Lost was my Kencor pac 63 Rod and Shimano Saros 1500 reel. :Sad:

Troutman65
10-21-2010, 10:40 PM
OUCH !!! I love my Kencor trout rods . I always say " The lake giveith and the lake takeith " Hopefully you will get it back .

AngryAgent
10-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Sucks to hear that man. Now you have an excuse to buy a new rod and reel though:Envious:

billy b
10-22-2010, 06:22 AM
I remember losing a Sustain on GLoom's best 7 foot rod ... to the murky waters below the pier at Jenks. The guys who run the place said they have a guy who fishes for rods and he'd call me ... if he got it ... SURE

Best to ya in your replacement search.

Bishop Troutman
10-22-2010, 08:28 AM
thats funny! i only hope it is found that it is as good to the next guy as it was to me!

golfish
10-22-2010, 04:08 PM
A buddy and I were tubing Crowley (north arm) about 15 years ago. It was late afternoon and like always I had a few beers so I and had to kick in to make more room for more. As I kicked in I noticed the tip of a rod sticking out of the water about 6". I thought I was in about 4 feet of water so I didn't think twice about it. After making more room and kicking back out I noticed the rod tip again..Ok, I'll bite and pull it up.....It was a 9 foot Sage Rod and Reel with a nice wooly bugger tied to it :) I've used that rod ever since.

fishinone
10-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Ouch!

I just got 2 Whuppin Stick Combos on sale at Cabelas for $15 each. Sale only lasted one day, I think.

If I lost a Kencor Rod and a Saros, my wife would use the Whuppin Sticks on me.:Razz:

SierraPeaks
10-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I hate to be a pill...but you'll never get it back as some have well wished.

Say a few words over is watery grave and move on brother.