PDA

View Full Version : Glen helen!

BufordT9
10-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Who is looking forward to Glen Helen this year?! I sure am. I went there a few times last year, and got beat by the :Skunk:. But this year, those trouties are going down!!

Who is with me!?

I hope they beef up that stocking schedule this year.

:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

Fishzilla
10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I will be going this year first time going there seen some videos looks cool i hope the skunks stay in the mountains hehehe

BrandonFish
10-20-2010, 01:16 AM
i sure as hell am! cant wait!
i also hope it will be a beefier stocking not like last year but the year b4 that which was my first year going there and all the trout were beefy every time i went all 1.5 and up!
but last year they were smaller but still beat the local dinks at the parks!

jrg1991
10-20-2010, 02:12 AM
november 11 they stock! haha were 10 minutes away and the line last year opening day was nuts.
oh well, ima be 300th in line then!

castle
10-20-2010, 03:00 AM
Yes, the County is guarunteed to stock both lakes. The state stocks didnt always go in like the schedule indicated though.

BufordT9
10-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Nov 11th? Where did you find that info?

troutguy26
10-21-2010, 12:20 AM
that is my home lake... i have caught my far share of quality fish there...gunna be a good season!

troutdog
10-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Going to have to give that place a try this year...never been.

TD

troutguy26
10-21-2010, 12:27 AM

TD

let me kno when u got troutdog...ill show u the ropes..i prefer a monday over a weekend

BufordT9
10-21-2010, 12:30 AM

TD

Tis' awesome!

let me kno when u got troutdog...ill show u the ropes..i prefer a monday over a weekend

Hey I wanna go! Lets get a trip together!! Mondays are great for me too. ;)

What lake do you usually fish? Isn't there 3? One is a catfish lake primarily right? I've only ever fished the big lake.

troutguy26
10-21-2010, 12:37 AM
ok sounds good..with my school schedule mondays arent good yet...but soon they will..until then weekends are it for me... and there are 2..both are stocked with cat in summer and trout in winter...i like the big lake usually...sometimes they stock the little lake too and thats easy fishing..lol but fun too..i like jigging or drop shotting power worms...fun times!

vortec_cruiser
10-21-2010, 09:33 PM
I've never fished Glen Helen, but now that my grandson is old enough to take out (3-1/2), I'd like to take him there. I prefer lure fishing, but we'll be doing some bait-and-wait this time out. Since it's been decades since I've used bait, what bait will give my grandson (and me...) a chance of catching something?

Trout 1
10-21-2010, 11:38 PM
ok sounds good..with my school schedule mondays arent good yet...but soon they will..until then weekends are it for me... and there are 2..both are stocked with cat in summer and trout in winter...i like the big lake usually...sometimes they stock the little lake too and thats easy fishing..lol but fun too..i like jigging or drop shotting power worms...fun times!

You should just open up a guide service there bro!!!! lol you know that lake like its your backyard lol!!!!!

@TD, I Been fishing with Troutguy26 (Aaron) alot lately he knows his stuff man!!!! He will get u on fish at Helen...

Trout 1
Andrew

troutdog
10-22-2010, 01:06 AM
You should just open up a guide service there bro!!!! lol you know that lake like its your backyard lol!!!!!

@TD, I Been fishing with Troutguy26 (Aaron) alot lately he knows his stuff man!!!! He will get u on fish at Helen...

Trout 1
Andrew

With a name like Aaron (my name too) Troutguy26 MUST know his stuff! :LOL:

Shoot me a PM a week or so in advance and we'll get some members together and slay the trout...looking forward to it already!

TD

jrg1991
10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
I found this out in my daily news paper's fishing report. They had a section sayin' there stocking glen helen the 11th of november. Trust me lol its posted on my refrigerator. :LOL:

Boltfan#1
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
If you guys do plan a trip and have room for one more I would love to go. I just bought a new mini jig set up that I need to break in.

ryanr0cks
11-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey everyone, i was just curious to see if u guys are still going tomorrow.. I'll be there :)

Trout Daddy
11-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Give a report, with it being the first stock will be interesting to see how it goes, I am 10 minutes away but am going to hit Hesperia tomorrow and hit there on Tue next week if there is anything left, LOL!

troutguy26
11-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey everyone, i was just curious to see if u guys are still going tomorrow.. I'll be there :)

na im going on the derby...its the 20th...ill let u guys take those lil stockers while i wait for the derby! ill be fishin gregory in the morning

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-10-2010, 10:06 PM
november 11 they stock! haha were 10 minutes away and the line last year opening day was nuts.
oh well, ima be 300th in line then!

lmao THAT IS FUNNY!