PDA

View Full Version : Automatic hook setter?

jrg1991
10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
I bought myself three "quick-sets"... impulsive :Envious:
It's a device that sets the hook for you. I did this so i can jig and have a bait pole. Has anyone heard of this? If so, would it work for trout?

heres the website i got it from... http://www.quicksetfishing.com/

Ifishtoolittle
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
What you can't swing? LOL J/K. Sounds like you just bought a bunch of circle hooks to me. :ROFL:

VangFisherman
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Would only work for still-water. Any current would make it missfire.
I would be scared to stand behind it.

Thisfool
10-19-2010, 10:05 PM
wow just watched the vids and it says its very adjustable so that you can use it in moving water and it looks like a very simple lever and spring set up using your pole for the spring to set the hook. the mechanics and the theory makes complete since in theory.

but since your relying on your poles spring action to set the hook i would think the pole would have to be on the stiffer side and your hooks would have to be very sharp so i don’t know how well one of the longer lighter trout poles.

with all that being said im fighting myself to not order one or two

gavin310
10-19-2010, 11:52 PM
I saw that a long time ago. It looks awesome... lol. The only problem is the fish has to get the whole hook in it's mouth and usually they just nibble at first. i'll be really curious to know how it works.

jrg1991
10-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Just got back fishing and it works like awesome!! :EyePop:
Ive never seen anthing like it! still water?? pshhh...!!! i was at silverwood and it was raining and chompy. we stayed under a canopy until i got somthin! landed a small size smallmouth off the dam. and my dad landed a damn big stripped bass too! sorry.. forgot camera... :Sad:
though it was the best! if i had any doubts this cleared them up! ima buy 60 of em! :Envious:

Nessie Hunter
10-20-2010, 07:06 AM
i got somthin! landed a small size smallmouth off the dam.

That is Awesome. !!!!
Especially cuz I have never heard of smallmouth in Silverwood..
Its a Miracle !!!!!

Thisfool
10-20-2010, 09:52 AM
That is Awesome. !!!!
Especially cuz I have never heard of smallmouth in Silverwood..
Its a Miracle !!!!!

ught oh what happend

Seņor.Chilax
10-20-2010, 10:00 AM
ught oh what happend

Well, quick recap... Supposedly jrg1991 caught a smallmouth bass in Silverwood and Nessie Hunter just called him out because he's never seen a smallmouth in that lake. Lets grab the popcorn:Popcorn: and see what happens. HAHAHA!

And I'm not an instigator... I just tell it like it is.:ROFL:

TaperSteve
10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Tssss tssss tsss tsss..........

and with only 5 post and a new member.

:Popcorn:

TS

Thisfool
10-20-2010, 10:45 AM

TS

hey how do i make cool emoto cons like that :popcorn:

TaperSteve
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
You have to (Go Advanced).

TS

Seņor.Chilax
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM

TS

Really! HAHAHA!

smokehound
10-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Really.. i thought circle-hooks did a good enough job..

Seņor.Chilax
10-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Really.. i thought circle-hooks did a good enough job..

You would think that, right? Some people just need that extra help. He should get one of those electric reels, put that hook setter on and kick back. Then his R2D2 can pick it up the fish, put it in the cooler, come over and scratch his arse. HAHAHA!

Oh, and welcome aboard jrg1991. Forgot you were a newbie. :ROFL:

smokehound
10-20-2010, 11:17 AM
You would think that, right? Some people just need that extra help. He should get one of those electric reels, put that hook setter on and kick back. Then his R2D2 can pick it up the fish, put it in the cooler, come over and scratch his arse. HAHAHA!

Oh, and welcome aboard jrg1991. Forgot you were a newbie. :ROFL::LOL:

It also comes with a high-five feature. :LOL:

Seņor.Chilax
10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
:LOL:

It also comes with a high-five feature. :LOL:

HAHAHA! High-five... too funny!:ROFL:

Thisfool
10-20-2010, 01:53 PM
hey they might be a lazy idea but i would like to have one that way i can bait and wait with one poll and toss a lure with the other:Fishing Hole:

gavin310
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
hey they might be a lazy idea but i would like to have one that way i can bait and wait with one poll and toss a lure with the other:Fishing Hole:

Yeah, or sometimes I fish at night and like to sleep while waiting for a bite. Usually I use a bell to wake me up but having a bell and also the hook setter would be cool to try

Ifishtoolittle
10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Oh just take it easy on the guy. Although with the auto hookinh BS he leaves the impression that he may be a meat fisherman.

Thisfool
10-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh just take it easy on the guy. Although with the auto hookinh BS he leaves the impression that he may be a meat fisherman.

im a meat fisherman i keep all trout and catfish i catch and also blue gill if there worth keeping

Thisfool
10-20-2010, 02:45 PM
but i also have never targeted wild trout. and i never have caought a lmb even though i tryed a few times this summer but i woulnt keep a lmb anyway

Ifishtoolittle
10-20-2010, 05:22 PM
im a meat fisherman i keep all trout and catfish i catch and also blue gill if there worth keeping

Well personally I think keeping fish is no big deal, but I seriously look down on you if you keep your limits and the biggest fish you can get your hands on for every trip that you have. If you do that then you contribute to the destruction of a good fishery. Just think about no big fish means that there will be no more big fish to continue maintaining the health and size of the population in that particular body of water.

MeanMessican
10-20-2010, 06:42 PM
This will go great with my new instant fisherman. Thanks!

madwire3
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
circle hooks do the job for me im addicted, even for bluegill and redears i use smallll circle hooks,,, gets em everytime, medium for carp, cats and other medium fish or small mouthed finned freinds, larger ones for big game.. like my a-hole neighbor... havent tried em for trout, might try it soon

Thisfool
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Well personally I think keeping fish is no big deal, but I seriously look down on you if you keep your limits and the biggest fish you can get your hands on for every trip that you have. If you do that then you contribute to the destruction of a good fishery. Just think about no big fish means that there will be no more big fish to continue maintaining the health and size of the population in that particular body of water.

yea but i also have only really put a good amount of time at pay lakes. and in some typs of fish ( such as striper) the only way to maintain a good health population is to take fish out and thin the numbers so that there isn’t so much competition for food that they dont starve them self and stunt there growth.

jrg1991
10-20-2010, 08:25 PM
why cares what the fish was! it worked! i thought this was website full of fishermen. i only posted that so u guys would know it worked. Im not a ******* fish expert. damn... thought this was a friendly website.

troutdog
10-20-2010, 08:51 PM
thought this was a friendly website.

This is a friendly site, just don't let a sarcastic comment or two leave a bad taste in your mouth. I'm guessing it was a largemouth that you caught. It really doesn't matter what you caught, the fact remains you caught something...wtg!

Welcome to the board and enjoy the hook setter...video is pretty cool.

TD

olfishergal
10-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi JRG and welcome to the site. Most of us are friendly and have had to develop some thick skin since there has been
an increase in the jerks on here since say..........July..........(RIP Fisherman57) Keep posting and wtg on your catches
Look up the T57 members and you will be treated real well.......I like that hooksetter. Guessed before the vid played that
it was filmed in midwest.......Less cynical fisherman there. Think I may try on of those hook setters for the cats, looks
like fun for me.......thanks for the info and sorry a bunch of childish jerks didn't know how to welcome a new member.
You won't find many smallmouths in calif though they do exist. Welcome.........OFG

Ifishtoolittle
10-20-2010, 09:54 PM
yea but i also have only really put a good amount of time at pay lakes. and in some typs of fish ( such as striper) the only way to maintain a good health population is to take fish out and thin the numbers so that there isn’t so much competition for food that they dont starve them self and stunt there growth.

Pay lakes and Stripers yeah for those guys keep all you can since the fish would either be restocked constantly or reproduce at a rapid fire rate. I don't know I've just seen some very prominent Panfish lakes go down the drain in the last 5 years.

dfisher
10-20-2010, 11:46 PM
trolled....

Kevman
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Ive never seen anthing like it! still water?? pshhh...!!! i was at silverwood and it was raining and chompy. we stayed under a canopy until i got somthin! landed a small size smallmouth off the dam. and my dad landed a damn big stripped bass too! sorry.. forgot camera... :Sad:
though it was the best! if i had any doubts this cleared them up! ima buy 60 of em! :Envious:

Maybe he owns this company and is getting a bunch of free advertising by posting threads like this on all the fishing sites? If so, that's kind of smart! lol. How many of us bought it now? Hookup!!!!

If not, he's just telling us about a new product that worked well for him. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Kev

P.S. - I'm looking forward to some pics on the quickset site of guys with black eyes or eye patches from getting whipped in the eye by the rod tip! lmao

gavin310
10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe he owns this company and is getting a bunch of free advertising by posting threads like this on all the fishing sites? If so, that's kind of smart! lol. How many of us bought it now? Hookup!!!!

Personally i don't care too much... owner, fan, whatever. It's fun to play with fishing gimmicks every now and then, even if they don't work. Some people take fishing way too seriously ;)

Seņor.Chilax
10-21-2010, 11:49 AM
why cares what the fish was! it worked! i thought this was website full of fishermen. i only posted that so u guys would know it worked. Im not a ******* fish expert. damn... thought this was a friendly website.

Aww man, I feel bad. I was just messing. We're pretty friendly around here. It's kind of hard to be sarcastic on the computer without coming out like a jerk. But believe me, I dig the hook setter. It's like when a little kid sees another kid with a toy and is being a jerk about it but runs home to ask mommy if he can get one. I was just being that kid. HA! So keep posting, you'll see were not like that, all the time. HAHAHA!

troutdog
10-21-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't think he was referring to you Chilax, if so I will vouch for ya dude....you are one of the many "good guys" on this forum.

TD

Ifishtoolittle
10-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Personally i don't care too much... owner, fan, whatever. It's fun to play with fishing gimmicks every now and then, even if they don't work. Some people take fishing way too seriously ;)

Fishing is an addiction. In some respects it should be taken seriously.

Seņor.Chilax
10-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't think he was referring to you Chilax, if so I will vouch for ya dude....you are one of the many "good guys" on this forum.

TD

You're not too bad yourself. HA! Thank you Tdog!

ghost2uu
10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Before you start bashing the guy Silverwood does have smallmouth in it. I believe Wingnut posted a photo of a big smallie from silverwood. I have caught two of them in 10 years of fishing silverwood. Good job jerks. LOL But seriously there are smallies in the Wood.

TaperSteve
10-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Im def one of the jerks thats fo sure! and TD can vouch for me too! :Evil:

TS

Seņor.Chilax
10-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Im def one of the jerks thats fo sure! and TD can vouch for me too! :Evil:

TS

I'll vouch for you, but there was that one time you made me cry... I don't want to talk about it. j/k :ROFL:

Thisfool
10-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I'll vouch for you, but there was that one time you made me cry... I don't want to talk about it. j/k :ROFL:

lol man to funny

jrg1991
10-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I apologize for blasting you all like that. Guess u all are fishermen. by the way i don't own them. If i did, i'd probably br a millionare already off this here post. showing you a picture of a new boat. :ROFL:
though im actually a young fisherman i just turned 19. my dad made me love the sport.
im apologise again if i offended anyone.

Nessie Hunter
10-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Let me explain my comments....

First off, you just register with 1 post and claim you found this new amazing Hook Setter, then you post how awesome it works a day later??? But no report or pics????
Sounds a lot like Spam to me..
I dont fish bait & wait and cant imagine some one being so lazy or bad at fishing as to need a hook setter after sitting and baiting down... But thats just me....

Then the comments about a SMB...
I have fished the Wood since it filled up in the early 70's. (lived in San Bdno)..
I now live a short distance (Hesperia) and fish it often, shore, Tube & bass Boats & have done more then a couple of hike ins at midnight till dawn etc etc...
I have several friends (who I have fished with many times) who fish it a ton (some tourny anglers)..
I Have never seen or heard of a SMB being caught (until I read that Ghost2u has done it)???....
I will ask around though (Aaron, Scott, Kirk??? you reading this??).....
But at this moment, I say BS!!!!
BUT I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time.

Then your fishing at the Dam, under a canopy?? Where on the dam can you do that??
NO way a canopy could stand up against the Hurricane type winds at the dam either!!!
I only know of 1 small spot Off/NEAR the dam to do that any way.....
I also dont remember any rain etc during that time period???

Still water?? Its a lake, yes its still water... ???
Lot of confusing & questionable statements in all your posts in IMHO...
Im back to the pure SPAM postings...

All sounds like BS from a non angler pushing something they never even used & signing/registering just to advertise for free....

Shoot me a PM, Im a friendly old guy & I have some free time. lets go fish, I would love to see it work!!!!!!!!!

TaperSteve
10-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I bought myself three "quick-sets"... impulsive :Envious:
It's a device that sets the hook for you. I did this so i can jig and have a bait pole. Has anyone heard of this? If so, would it work for trout?

heres the website i got it from... http://www.quicksetfishing.com/

Dude your busted! I just realized these 2 post were exactly 4hrs 52mins apart. In your 1st post your wondering if it will work then 5 hours later you post that you just got back and it worked like God's gift to fisherman.

This truely is a very friendly site. If Nessie or myself are wrong can you really blame us? If im wrong ill stick my fist in my mouth for the day but.......

TaperSteve

TaperSteve
10-22-2010, 10:00 AM
and you caught a SMB and a striper doing the bait and wait? What were you using as bait if you dont mind me asking? Maybe a NC? but even that'd be a stretch.

TS

seal
10-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Anyone got a link to a pic of a smallmouth being caught at the Wood? I'm with Nessie hardcore Wood addict more curious than making accusations, just never heard or seen a smallmouth at the Wood I fish it most days.

seal
10-22-2010, 10:49 AM
A little competition never hurt:LOL:!

http://www.snaprco.com/index.html

MAVERICK27
10-22-2010, 10:50 AM
I can't believe it took you guys 5 pages to figure it out!! New poster with a gimmick to push and has a southern way of speech on a CA based forum. Then BAM two fish of a lifetime from a lake like that when he just happened to be testing out the gimmick. I would love to seel all of you friends some ocean fron property in AZ hahahaha. All in good fun, but this was an obvious one......

By the way, I have a hook setter to buy if you want. TD....he can SLAM a trout :) He only works for beer and a sand wich, eh TD? :)

BLUE WAGON
10-22-2010, 11:04 AM
TS... nice catch on the time line