PDA

View Full Version : Sierras 10/15 through 10/18

ghost2uu
10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Hit Bridgeport Reservoir, East Walker, Twin Lakes, Silver Lake, Gull Lake, Owens River, Little Virginia and some super secret lakes. If you know the lake where the pic is from please don't blab it out it gets hit hard enough. Anyways the Res was good near the dam with some decent trout fishing and a few browns to five pounds (released) Virginia was loaded with state stock and an Alper stock on Wed. last week. Caught a ton of fish to two pounds. Weather wasn't as cold as I was expecting. Here is a pic of a double brookie hook up on the mini-jig. Camera went swimming so cell phone pic it is. Brookies averaged between three and five pounds. East Walker was a joke I counted 14 guys on the top pool to the first riffle. Hit it for a bit for average fishing. It is still flowing pretty good. If you want details pm me I am not trying to blow my spots since I am going back the in two weeks and for the closer on the 12th throught the 15th. Rained on Sunday and Monday no snow wasn't that cold.
Mike

Trout-Slayer77
10-19-2010, 01:28 PM
thanks for the report and pics !! Those are some awesome (FAT) brookies !!! were the cutty's hitting too ?
sounds like you did well on the res hooking up some nice browns. gotta love the bridgeport area. my fav ! good luck in 2 weeks, catch a trophy !

Big Country
10-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Nice ghost...don't kill it too much in 2 weeks because I'm heading up the week after you.

ghost2uu
10-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Big Country havent seen you up there for awhile. Might just go for the closer watching the weather closely it was not as cold as I like it. Trout-Slayer77 only one cutty between four guys they were MIA for sure. I personaly like the way those cutties fight over the brookies. Good luck to all the late season guys.

Trout-Slayer77
10-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey Ghost.... did you ever get that mount made of your trophy brown from last year ? pics ?

ghost2uu
10-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes I did I will post pic soon.

ghost2uu
10-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Here is a crappy pic of it. The mount looked awsome.

Big Country
10-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I will for sure get one more trip this year, just has to be the week before closer due to boss' vacation the week of closer. Regardless, I'll get a few days in up there.

Davidson do that mount? Is it skin of fiberglass? They did my big 'bow all skin, but with a fiberglass head so the oils don't leach.

fndaway66
10-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I was up there also. Lots of stockers on flies at Upper twin inlet, Pickle meadows, Upper Owens and tubed bridgeport dam for a few Browns and Bows. The spawn hasn't happened yet, soon I hope. Nice Fish. Report is that those big brookies are sitting on beds in the cove. Going up there to hunt some bears soon. The inlet has a ton of cutties sitting on beds that the bears are picking up like candy.

ghost2uu
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM
i have seen the bears at Kirman before, pretty cool.
Mike

Piss on Myspace
10-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Nice feesh mike, i would kill for a brookie like that! those are gorgeous fish and the mount is awesome!

stickin' it
10-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I was at the dam a couple of days before you and it was all algeed out. It cleared out? You're right about the pool & stretch below the dam. Sort of reminds me of Crowley on the opener. People should mind their manners.

cjschock
10-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Great brookies. One day I will make it out there. Just when to June loop for some browns. I was to lazy to make the drive up there. What jig colors did you use?

ghost2uu
10-26-2010, 08:46 AM
mostly white jigs and natural colors work best.

cjschock
10-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info

Levianth
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Amazing brooks man amazing.