PDA

View Full Version : Lunch at the finger docks, 10/18/2010

fishinone
10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I went to the West Ramp for lunch today. I was eating pizza when I got to the parking lot above the finger docks and hopped out of the truck to take a look. There were two guys hooked up when I got to where I could see. One guy was playing a 5 lb striper on the little point to the right of the docks, another was hooked up on a little bass on the docks.

I went down to the docks. Koifish was down there with one on the stringer. The guy catching the bass was a familiar Castaic face but I don't know his name. There was another guy there who I know but I can't remember his name. He had a shad net with him. I cast for a while, por nada. Then I borrowed the shad net and got a few shad. I put a big one on and left some for the owner of the net. It wasn't long before he got a schoolie striper. Right after that I got a small bass.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Lunch%20at%20the%20finger%20docks%2010-18-2010/IMG00225-20101018-1321.jpg
Here's the little bass.

When I baited back up, the bait only made it down a little way before it was hit.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Lunch%20at%20the%20finger%20docks%2010-18-2010/IMG00226-20101018-1324.jpg

I baited up one more time, dropped the bait to the bottom for a minute or two but had to go, lunch was over. As the bait came into view, it was followed by a 3 1/2 or 4 lb striper.

I didn't get the striper but I'm calling a successful lunch session anyway.:LOL:

bendo_dreams
10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Nice fish....so you can fish off the "finger docks?" I know you can't fish off the dock at the lower....

koifish
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Ron

that was a long break hahaha... nice job on live shad

SDDave
10-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Nice green fish, so was there any concentration of shad around the finger docks today?

fishinone
10-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Nice fish....so you can fish off the "finger docks?" I know you can't fish off the dock at the lower....

The sign on the finger docks says no fishing from the finger docks on the weekends.

Ron

that was a long break hahaha... nice job on live shad

Thanks Koifish.

It was nice for me to use a net that those little shad didn't go though. I was trying mine the other day and they were going through it without slowing down.

Nice green fish, so was there any concentration of shad around the finger docks today?

There were a couple balls 3 feet in diameter, at least. Hard to tell how many for sure, the bass and the grebes kept breaking them up.

huukup12
10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Ron,
I wish I can have a lunch break like you...jealous...nice slaying...
thx, j

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
ahhhh yes....I've done a couple lunch session as well...I'd wager we are a few select few that work close enough to pull it off...

Way ta go..

congrats on the lunchtime fix !

sweet
Gary

HaiTheMeister
10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
nice Ron! gotta be glad to live in America!

fishinone
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Ron,
I wish I can have a lunch break like you...jealous...nice slaying...
thx, j

Lunch at the lake is a great way to break up the day.

ahhhh yes....I've done a couple lunch session as well...I'd wager we are a few select few that work close enough to pull it off...

Way ta go..

congrats on the lunchtime fix !

sweet
Gary

I think your right. There aren't many guys who can fish at lunch.

It's a great diet plan.

nice Ron! gotta be glad to live in America!

Yea! I hope it lasts.

kpn
10-19-2010, 12:24 PM
It's a LOOOONG lunch for you Ron. Good job!

KPN.

fishinone
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
It's a LOOOONG lunch for you Ron. Good job!

KPN.

Not LOOOONG enough!

Icarus
10-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Nice job! Man, I hope to one day be lucky enough to go fishing on my lunch break. I don't really know Castaic that well, where are the Finger Docks located?

fishinone
10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Nice job! Man, I hope to one day be lucky enough to go fishing on my lunch break. I don't really know Castaic that well, where are the Finger Docks located?

They're at the West Ramp. Instead of going over the bridge on Lake Hughes Rd. and around to the main ramp, take Parker Rd then stay to the right and skirt around the park until you come to the entrance that is open. There is a sign there that says the West Ramp is closed but only means to launching, the park around the ramp is open. There are 2 roads to the left, immediately past the entrance. Take the first one and follow that road up over the dam. It's kind of a long ways. The finger docks are right below the Lifeguard office in the parking lot at the end of the road.

Icarus
10-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info! I've never really been by the west ramp. Those docks seem like a pretty cool spot though. Maybe I'll check em out some time.

koifish
10-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Will they pull the dock out to the buoye line? Last year around this time, the dock was pulled out and no one could walk on this dock. You could only get to the dock if you had a boat. This is the good spot for bait n wait in the winter fishing season because the water is deep here.

fishinone
10-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Did you get to fish from them out deeper? If so is that the spot your talking about? It sounds like a good deal if we can pull up there and fish. Maybe we could bring a BBQ. Fresh Blackened Striper and Peas. LOL