PDA

View Full Version : Trout Crank

Sublime-Steve
10-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Whats a good crank bait for trout?

a321eric
10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
dude i was over a jess ranch in apple valley and i was fishing for bass with a small bomber crank and i caught like 3 trout on it. ha it was green and black with a purple tint to it. kinda looked like a baby bass. bass grabber invited me to come out to perris on thursday night and if your there ill show you.

dockboy
10-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Try the Snap Bean by Yo Zuri. You can find it in most tackle shops. They come in packs of two, basic colors; gold/orange, silver/blue, silver/black, and rainbow. They work well. Dont get screwed once like I did, and end up getting charged for one lure. You can find these at a lot of Big 5s and Sport Chalets, and they are supposed to be packaged by the pair.
I have yet to try fishing the Daiwa series of minnows in their $5 lure lineup. They look good, and I've heard good things.
Owner Mira Shads are great. They suspend, and this is a benefit. Not just a crank, you can rip them like a Rapala too. Good trolling baits too
There are a host of small cranks for trout you can find. The smallest Bombers and Rebels do well, and the Japanese have an affinity for small cranks in trout fishing, because many of their trout reservoirs don't allow bait or certain types of lure fishing. Besides trolling, I don't fish a lot of these in lakes. They work best for me in moving currents, especially deeper pools and cuts where the fish have seen most every type of lure out there.

MAVERICK27
10-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Tiny Tiny crank baits that float are great for the shoreline. They sell them at Bass Pro for like $1.99 each. Get a few colors. Just change out the hooks, they are pot metal. Also experiment with hook size combos so you don't get foul hooked casting. The stock ones catch on each other 1 out of 3 casts. Last year at the Vine, the trout went nuts on em. They float, so when you crank em, they hover just over the vegetation without getting caught up too much.

tpfishnfool
10-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Mirra Chad's are my go to Trout Cranks... Try em..