PDA

View Full Version : need help please

Jennings11
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Im kinda new to aqueduct fishing, ive always used bait there and had some luck but i would like to learn a few different techniques so im not just confined to watching a pole.

I love to bass fish in lakes / ponds, i already own quite a bit of tackle, tubes, cranks, topwater hard plastics, worms and many other soft plastics and spinners/buzz baits. I own a few BPS extreme baitcasters which i use for this. I plan on trying to use them for throwing the tubes and lipless crankbaits tomorrow morning in the duct.

My questions really are, What is a good way to start? I will have one pole rigged for a tube, one for a crankbait and one for topwater.

Is the best way to just cast upstream and just bring it back? or is there a prefered way on the retreive?

I really dont have the cream of the crop for duct fishing tackle but it is somthing i would like to get into as my wife and i love the taste of striper.

Is 18 inches the legal limit and only 2 per day?

Thankyou for any help to point me in the direction of a tight line.

yolo
10-17-2010, 06:36 PM
There is no minimum size in the Antelope Valley to Hesperia duct section. The limit is 10 fish. If you are in Kern county of the duct the minimum size is 18" and a limit of two. Cast in all directions and work the bottom, mid, to under the surface. The lures you mentioned will all work.

Jennings11
10-17-2010, 08:24 PM
thanks for the reply, is there any baits that are like "go to's" when nothing else seems to be working?

I hear alot about KPN, where can i buy some?

And what is drift fishing??

yolo
10-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Any lipless crank works. At least they do for me. You can buy the KPN from the link at the right side of these boards. Soft and hard jerkbaits work excellent too like Luckycraft pointer or Rapala xrap, bucktails with or without trailer. If you like to throw bigger lures, the Bomber long A 6" is a good one too?

Which section of duct do you plan to fish? Bakersfield or AV?

Jennings11
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Bakersfield, i only know about 2 spots that have produced fish for us using bait, which are the golf course by taft and 2 miles east of old river / 166 theres some gates just before u cross the duct.

bk_364
10-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Where r good spots to fish the duct in av?

Jennings11
10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Which KPN is usually the most productive?

yolo
10-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Where r good spots to fish the duct in av?

Anywhere a road crosses, it has access. I get them all over and also get skunked all over. There is no best spot. Hit up as many spots as you possibly can. That is the best advice.

The one that you are throwing. I'm being serious and not a smart a ss.

Jennings11
10-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the info, going to try and head out on sunday, wish me luck. going to try and order the KPNs soon one of each for good measure :)

yolo
10-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info, going to try and head out on sunday, wish me luck. going to try and order the KPNs soon one of each for good measure :)

That's what Khanh likes to hear. :Smile:
Take some jerk baits too both hard and soft.

BassHunter1979
10-22-2010, 10:36 PM

I personally use the KPN Skinny Shad..........I catch the most fish on that one......but I fish it the most. Be careful at the duct using the KPN, you might lose a few and it adds up, especially if you are fishing water columns and let it go to the bottom. I would get the skinny shad or get the white one with the red nose, don't recall the name.

NooB SaBass
10-24-2010, 11:55 PM
I personally use the KPN Skinny Shad..........I catch the most fish on that one......but I fish it the most. Be careful at the duct using the KPN, you might lose a few and it adds up, especially if you are fishing water columns and let it go to the bottom. I would get the skinny shad or get the white one with the red nose, don't recall the name.

Bleeding Shad?