PDA

View Full Version : My personal best & KPN with a double "D"

HaiTheMeister
10-17-2010, 01:04 PM
It's Saturday night, my lady is out of town so I called up Khanh to go to the duct. He then replied "I am not sure yet". As i was sitting at home, I was about to make plans to go hangout with the boys then I get a late phone call from Khanh. hmmm, a little late but heck yeah I wanna go so off we went.
we fished the first few spots..nothing. They didn't wanna play
Third spot, after about 5 minutes Khanh hooked up but it came off after a few seconds.
He was determined, so continued to work the KPN skinny shad after about another 5 mins "hook up",he said and it was on.
a solid 5 lb+.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=26297

off to another spot...
after a few casts, it was my turn.... "hook up".....ahhhh sweet. felt strong...now I just gotta make sure i land it. after a sweet battle, I claimed victory. A solid 8 lber. Not a double digit but definitely my PB.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=26294
Khanh continued to work his magic and after about 5 minutes....
"Hook up".....drag peeling out of control. "it's a big one" he said.
after a long battle, the fish surfaced. I carefully placed it in the net. this bad boy had totally engulfed the KPN skinny shad.
Double "D"...congrats Khanh
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=26299
We tried a few more spots but no fish so packed up and headed home.

Khanh's fish were caught on KPN skinny shad
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=26296
Mine was caught on KPN skinny "redhead" shad
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=26298
cooler shot
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=26295

Last minutes unplanned trip but the results turned out as planned.
Thank you for coming through Khanh! Great fishing!

koifish
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
wow nice catch.

cutbait
10-17-2010, 06:12 PM
good fish.

Cutbait is jealous

M@M
10-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Way to catch em! Nice fish.:Thumbs Up:

yolo
10-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice going both of you. AV or Bako?

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-18-2010, 09:48 AM
congrats on the catches boys, way ta slay..

Nice work on the PB Hai, won't be long till you snap that one either but it's always sweet...

Saweeet !

Congrats...

fishinone
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Congratulations on the PB Hai.

Not bad for an unplanned trip.

Khanh, you make catching Mr Stripey look easy.

HaiTheMeister
10-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you guys!

Nice going both of you. AV or Bako?
AV...Your favorite place

congrats on the catches boys, way ta slay..

Nice work on the PB Hai, won't be long till you snap that one either but it's always sweet...

Saweeet !

Congrats...
I wished for a DD but granted with a PB. Still I am happy!

Congratulations on the PB Hai.

Not bad for an unplanned trip.

Khanh, you make catching Mr Stripey look easy.
Khanh won't let me beat him at his own game, will he? LOL.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes, thank you! I wished for a DD but I was granted with a PB. still I am happy!

)
U got on the feesh ! and thats what it's about : )

Salute...sometimes you get what U want....sometimes U get what U need...

I'll be heading to Texas later this week so my bloodbath must wait till next month (at least here in Calif.) I'm sure there's gonna be a grip of LMB and alabama spotted bass gonna eat some steel during the 2 weeks I'm out there : )

I'm hoping to arrange a boat so I can go out there at Lake fork and test the Hybrid Stripers out there....we'll have to see : )

I'll be back here with a vengeance after that and a bloodfest MUST ensue : )

Nice work...

Again..Congrats !

HaiTheMeister
10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
U got on the feesh ! and thats what it's about : )

Salute...sometimes you get what U want....sometimes U get what U need...

I'll be heading to Texas later this week so my bloodbath must wait till next month (at least here in Calif.) I'm sure there's gonna be a grip of LMB and alabama spotted bass gonna eat some steel during the 2 weeks I'm out there : )

I'm hoping to arrange a boat so I can go out there at Lake fork and test the Hybrid Stripers out there....we'll have to see : )

I'll be back here with a vengeance after that and a bloodfest MUST ensue : )

Nice work...

Again..Congrats !

Good luck with your trip! Hopefully you'll slay some pigs there.

yolo
10-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Did Khanh's have an extra KPN in the lip? My buddy got busted off the day before on a good one going under buoy line.

Hai, get out of my favorite place :Big Grin:

huukup12
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Congrat Hai & KPN....you guys rock...
j

kpn
10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Did Khanh's have an extra KPN in the lip? My buddy got busted off the day before on a good one going under buoy line.

Hai, get out of my favorite place :Big Grin:

No Yolo,
The DD T-Bone my lures....Funny I asked Hai after he netted the fish....Where is the lures??? Did you see the lure anywhere.
This info is for you Z.....There were 5 scupin in the the DD belly, 3 of them are 4" long, nice size.

"Hai, get out of my favorite place "...........Hey! Be nice to share.....:LOL:.

I'm glad they're starting to bite up there.

Khanh.

kpn
10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Congrat Hai & KPN....you guys rock...
j

Thanks James.
I was a good night......

Khanh.

kpn
10-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Hai,
Thanks for the invite bro.
The lures business keep me at home and I'm glad you call :Wink:.
It was a great night. Althrough you did not get the DD yet, but you got a PB.....not bad bro....Hope you get em next time.

Khanh.

yolo
10-18-2010, 02:37 PM
No Yolo,
The DD T-Bone my lures....Funny I asked Hai after he netted the fish....Where is the lures??? Did you see the lure anywhere.
This info is for you Z.....There were 5 scupin in the the DD belly, 3 of them are 4" long, nice size.

"Hai, get out of my favorite place "...........Hey! Be nice to share.....:LOL:.

I'm glad they're starting to bite up there.

Khanh.

Sculpin is good. They love those things.

I do share, lol. I told you the moss is gone and the fish are biting. Time for Hai to get his DD. This is the best start I have had in awhile as far as DD's go. There are micros of 6" to 8" reported so it means they spawned successfully this spring. I have not seen these micros in awhile. Lots of small silversides everywhere and they will fatten up the stripers for this winter and feed the new micros too. The duct has always gone in cycles and I hope there is a striper boom years to come. I think the lull is finally over with. In a few years it might be hard to skunk, lol? Well maybe not that good but it has been that good in the past?

NooB SaBass
10-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Man those are some beautiful catch's! You guys both did a kick@ss job... Man I kinda hope I get this house approved up there now. I know what I'm doing after Class lets out... well and after homework...lol damn college...

Optimist
10-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Can we park the car next to the duct? and when you need to move to another spot. You just go back to your car and drive to your next spot?

HaiTheMeister
10-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Man those are some beautiful catch's! You guys both did a kick@ss job... Man I kinda hope I get this house approved up there now. I know what I'm doing after Class lets out... well and after homework...lol damn college...
Hope you get the house. College student and you're buying a house, that's cool!

Can we park the car next to the duct? and when you need to move to another spot. You just go back to your car and drive to your next spot?
Can't park along the duct. You just have to park somewhere then walk.

Big Daddy
10-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey Guy's What's a "KPN" Congrats on the really nice fish. I keep hearing KPN this and KPN that.

TroutOnly
10-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Oh kahn youre so cool ,you remebered everything gary taught you,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,good job hai,,,,,,,,,,

kpn
10-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh kahn youre so cool ,you remebered everything gary taught you,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,good job hai,,,,,,,,,,

I'm a good learner Bob.......I DO remember what Gary taught me....bha..ha ha....

Khanh.