PDA

View Full Version : Perris Bassassination 10/16/2010

tree
10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Went fishing at Lake Perris for a few hours with SublimeSteve and Bassgrabber today.

Got there around 6:00, started fishing while it was still dark and super foggy.

Credit goes to Bassgrabber for his spot.
Bassgrabber's fishfinder said they were hiding near the bottom around 17-18 feet deep, but there were tons of baitfish jumping closer in to shore around 3-8 feet.

So I go with the topwater and get a couple fish in a couple hours. Bassgrabber had to go, and so eventually Sublime and I moved to the marina where he got his first Redear! We left by 10:00 because everyone had stuff to do.
The first fish

The second one, with Bassgrabber in the background, sublime is blocked.

edit: follow up fishing at fairmount netted Bassgrabber 1 bass. beat the skunk!

fishmounter
10-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice going you guys. Tree- there is a really effective bait (lure) to use at that spot, but if I tell you, I'll have to kill you.... jk (I think Steve knows what I'm talking about)

I M Hooked
10-16-2010, 02:16 PM
The water looks low again

tree
10-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Nice going you guys. Tree- there is a really effective bait (lure) to use at that spot, but if I tell you, I'll have to kill you.... jk (I think Steve knows what I'm talking about)

I'll tell you the one lure that got bit today... that same green baby bass popper. 26277 The same green one you see there.

now, my secret is how to work it. if i tell you, i'll have to hear that secret lure of yours. :D:D

Bassgrabber's sonar is pretty damn cool. hope to go fishing again with you all on Thurs.

Natural Lefty
10-16-2010, 08:57 PM
What did Sublime catch the Redear on, if you don't mind my asking?

Sublime-Steve
10-16-2010, 09:21 PM
got that redear on 4lb and a tiny hook and a lil peice of nite crawler it was hand sized i tossed it back BEAT THAT 3 TRIP PERRIS SKUNK THOUGH lol

bassgrabber1
10-16-2010, 11:53 PM
hahahaha...had a great time guys. For sure we will hit Perris on Thurs. Glad I could get you on those fish Tree.

Natural Lefty
10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Steve, 4 pound line, tiny hook, piece of nightcrawler sounds like good Redear fishing technique to me. I was just thinking maybe you caught a big one on a bass lure. I catch them on small jigs sometimes, or flies. I have seen people catch them on spinners or spoons occasionally, and I have heard of big ones caught on bass lures like crankbaits occasionally.

fishmounter
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Tree- I sent you a PM...

tree
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Tree- I sent you a PM...

I sent you one back. I get really discouraged by the lack of bites @ Fairmount. I must admit ive only frog fished the lilly pond though....