PDA

View Full Version : Do tickets vary on the fine for a second pole?

lakes805
10-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Went to court for a ticket i got at castaic for a second pole back in july 30. The court house was full! The sheriff starts reading out some names, they call mine up, i walk to the front and he asked if i had my fishing license, i gave it to him to see, he then noticed i had a second rod stamp. I dint know that a ticket like that was a sign off ticket? SO HE THEN TELLS ME HE SIGNED IT OFF, I GET BACK TO SIT, SO WHEN ITS MY TURN TO GO UP IN FRONT OF JUDGE , HE TELLS THE JUDGE THAT HE SIGNED IT OFF! The judge asked what did i plea? i told her guilty as charged! To my suprised, she tells me, she waved off $300.00 and to go to the other line wre you pay off the tickets! (DAM) I get in line they called my name and then tells me, to sign it and that there was no charge on the ticket and gave me a copy of it and thought to my self, I GOT LUCKY! I have heard that the tickets go from $700 to $1000 for that kind of ticket?

Danny300
10-15-2010, 11:31 PM
that sucks you should of been fined

seal
10-16-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm very confused????? This reads to me like you had a second pole stamp and got a ticket for a second pole then the court noticed you had the stamp and sounds like you were legal therefore no fine. But it's early in the morning and maybe my brain hasn't kicked into gear yet, more coffee then I'll read again.

BufordT9
10-16-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm very confused????? This reads to me like you had a second pole stamp and got a ticket for a second pole then the court noticed you had the stamp and sounds like you were legal therefore no fine. But it's early in the morning and maybe my brain hasn't kicked into gear yet, more coffee then I'll read again.

I agree that post made no sense.

If you were caught without a second rod stamp, you should be fined.

trail blazer
10-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Good that you went ahead and added the 2nd pole stamp after the citation,,,,Probably saved you a cpl hund,dollars.

Avg $ for 2nd pole violation with NO other violations with it is a cpl hund, dollars out of pocket,,sometimes loss of tackle .

Thats what ive witnessed in the past anyway.

Fantastic that you cought a break!!!,,,,,lesson learned!!!,,,,,,,,,,NOW, go fishing,,use that sec,rod,,,,and kill some stripers.

TRAIL BLAZER

koifish
10-16-2010, 07:52 AM
He bought a 2nd stamp after the ticket then the cop did not notice that what I guess...!!!!

Fishbrains
10-16-2010, 07:55 AM
I agree that post made no sense.

If you were caught without a second rod stamp, you should be fined.

you guys saying he shoula been fined are all a$$holes..just saying all my fishing buddy's are cool and we slay um..your the dorks that come fishing alone because you don't have any friends

Fishbrains
10-16-2010, 07:57 AM
that sucks you should of been fined

solo fisherman with the vest and license pinned to ur collar. .

Nessie Hunter
10-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Im sure he purchased the Second ROD stamp after he got the Ticket..

Courts normally have a schedule of fines for most offense, Most courts charge what ever the economic area will allow (its a major amount of revenue for the general fund) up to the Max amount allowed, plus whatever Fees they can get away with.

Each court venue is different in what they set up...
Some dont charge anything for a Sign Off, some do charge for Fees etc or a small fine..

You got off lucky.....

"Sign off" means the infraction was repaired, fixed or in some manner taken care of and doesnt exist any more.
Like Buying the Second ROD stamp, repairing a broken light. windshield etc...

xjdesertfox
10-16-2010, 09:08 AM

and youre the poacher with no license taking 3 limits.

get the **** outta here man, he should have been fined, he broke the law.

Thisfool
10-16-2010, 09:20 AM
and youre the poacher with no license taking 3 limits.

get the **** outta here man, he should have been fined, he broke the law.

sounds like what you got was something like a fix it ticket and you fixed it so there for you fine was waved. these guys saying that you should of got fined are saying that because you broke the law how ever obviously they are missing that this law once broken can be corrected and are forgetting that at least you have a fishing license to begin with and you where ready to pay the fine. as far as i am concerned you learned your lesson and you corrected your situation and you owned up to it in the first place so i don’t see how are in the wrong go have fun and catch a fish.

xjdesertfox
10-16-2010, 09:24 AM
sounds like what you got was something like a fix it ticket and you fixed it so there for you fine was waved. these guys saying that you should of got fined are saying that because you broke the law how ever obviously they are missing that this law once broken can be corrected and are forgetting that at least you have a fishing license to begin with and you where ready to pay the fine. as far as i am concerned you learned your lesson and you corrected your situation and you owned up to it in the first place so i don’t see how are in the wrong go have fun and catch a fish.

I was more annoyed by fishbrain's ridicule of those who conform to the law than i cared about the OP getting fined or not.

Thisfool
10-16-2010, 09:27 AM
I was more annoyed by fishbrain's ridicule of those who conform to the law than i cared about the OP getting fined or not.

o yes agreed he also made an arsehole post in another thread

ROB312t
10-16-2010, 10:05 AM
That's great that you didn't have to pay but how is your post or all the other replys to your post a fishing report? Lets talk about where the damn fish are.

Danny300
10-16-2010, 01:50 PM

why would i pin my license to my collar? there isn't DFG at the golf courses I fish. Try not gettting caught in the first place LMAO

Hometown
10-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Well said your no fool
sounds like what you got was something like a fix it ticket and you fixed it so there for you fine was waved. These guys saying that you should of got fined are saying that because you broke the law how ever obviously they are missing that this law once broken can be corrected and are forgetting that at least you have a fishing license to begin with and you where ready to pay the fine. As far as i am concerned you learned your lesson and you corrected your situation and you owned up to it in the first place so i don’t see how are in the wrong go have fun and catch a fish.

SDDave
10-16-2010, 05:50 PM
If this post is even serious in the first place?
Getting caught fishing with the second rod should pay up, it's like getting a ticket for having no fishing lic. And then buying one and getting off, he's got to pay the fine, no judge is that dumb to look at it as a fix it ticket.
This thread is dead.... Troll...

lakes805
10-16-2010, 09:31 PM
sorry not much of a writer. well thats wht i thought, i never heard of it being like a write of ticket but that is exactly what happend. i was confused my self when the sheriff signed it off, but i was not going to say anything. so that is how it happend .i did not have a second rod stamp when i got the ticket but i always carry two poles so i got one after i got the ticket. so that is what happend and i was not going to complaint. friends always told me it was going to be an expesive ticket and thats what i thought was going to happend.

Sublime-Steve
10-16-2010, 10:07 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH! kool man you learned your lesson.. FISH ON!:Razz:

catfish 17
10-17-2010, 12:17 AM
sorry not much of a writer. well thats wht i thought, i never heard of it being like a write of ticket but that is exactly what happend. i was confused my self when the sheriff signed it off, but i was not going to say anything. so that is how it happend .i did not have a second rod stamp when i got the ticket but i always carry two poles so i got one after i got the ticket. so that is what happend and i was not going to complaint. friends always told me it was going to be an expesive ticket and thats what i thought was going to happend.

Hey man! it's all good. Happened already, ignore all these ignorent's in here. Keep fishing. Just make sure it doesn't happen again.

GeordyBass
10-17-2010, 04:13 AM
lol Draaaaamaaaa Alert!

I love it! It's sooooo funny and makes my day lol

Okay, you wrote a post about getting a ticket for not having your 2nd rod stamp while fishing TWO rods, then you went to court with a STAMP you bought AFTER you got the ticket, your ticket got waived, and thats all this post was about? Or was it about you getting a ticket for $300 that should have been $700-1000?

In the end we all figured, I wasted my time ( 4 min and 27 seconds to be exact) on a post that confuses us and causes drama because you should have gotten a ticket but didnt because you were lucky?

Okay.

seal
10-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Ok I had my coffee, now I get it. It's amazing how quick these stupid threads can go south!

AngryAgent
10-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Ok I had my coffee, now I get it. It's amazing how quick these stupid threads can go south!

Word......

Prowler_Tuber
10-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Poachers blow, no sympathy here.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
whats this about the fish biting so well that you need to have a second rod ?

I think thats what this story is ....right...

What are they biting on ?

how deep...

Locale ?

EL_CHIDO
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I believe this topic is more appropriate in the Recipe forum. Right?

keepemlo
11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Well I can't pass those up it's almost like chewing a cud ,you really get nothin out of it ,I'd say you got off lucky it's not good to practice bad habits when you got the smartest battle tested fisherman to learn from on this network ,I'm glad you didn't have to pay the fine ,you learned your lesson the judge wasn't that dumb wasn't like you had 3 limits of short bass hidden in your trunk! Tight lines cya

fishfinder
11-15-2010, 08:35 PM
One of the few states where you gotta pay extra to use 2 poles. Glad you didn't have to pay, cause that money sure wouldn't go to more fish in the lake.

smokehound
11-17-2010, 12:42 PM
you guys saying he shoula been fined are all a$$holes..just saying all my fishing buddy's are cool and we slay um..your the dorks that come fishing alone because you don't have any friends"your the dorks that come fishing alone because you don't have any friends"

Then why are you kickin it with us, chump? Since we're such dorks that pin our licenses to our collars, why dont you just gtfo then?

brycek1984
11-17-2010, 03:59 PM
The assumptions of prematurely projected course show how this event will ultimately compromise it 's intended purpose of reaching peak utilization and therefore won't be readily accepted by it 's detractors.

EL_CHIDO
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
The assumptions of prematurely projected course show how this event will ultimately compromise it 's intended purpose of reaching peak utilization and therefore won't be readily accepted by it 's detractors.

My thoughts exact.:Shocked:

See Chris Fish
11-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Poachers blow, no sympathy here.

ditto!!!

You got lucky, but now you're all legal. Welcome to the non-poachers side!!