PDA

View Full Version : How often do you replace your line?

VietReefer
10-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Title said it all, how often do you replace your fishing line?
Thanks

SierraPeaks
10-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Saltwater...every 6 months or sooner. Freshwater...once a year. (or whenever some moron trolls too close and wraps me up)

DarkShadow
10-14-2010, 08:53 PM
It really depends on the line, honestly.

I find some stuff I have to replace after 2 trips or so, and some stuff I've had on my reels for a good 6 months.

Usually, the cheaper stuff is the one that is having to be replaced often, go figure.

BufordT9
10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I change once a trout season! ;)

exfactor
10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
whenever the memory gets too bad. line twist will tell you when

AngryAgent
10-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Ask 10 different people get 10 different answers.

I change after every trip and on multi day trips I change it every night. I like to fish for bigger fish so I don't want my line to be an excuse if I hook one.

smokehound
10-14-2010, 11:01 PM
whenever the memory gets too bad. line twist will tell you when
.Yeah, that bugs.

When i was able to afford it, I used to just buy large spools, and change the line after every couple of months. Soaking the line in hot water for a little while will remove the memory with lighter lines

gavin310
10-14-2010, 11:32 PM
I change after every trip and on multi day trips I change it every night. I like to fish for bigger fish so I don't want my line to be an excuse if I hook one.

That's pretty hard core! But yeah that's a good way to make your line a non-issue. It's cheap enough that you might as well. Usually after every trip I'll pull out quite a bit of line and run it through my fingers. If I feel the slightest ding i'll either snip off everthing before the ding or replace the line. It's worked well for me so far.

Hometown
10-14-2010, 11:37 PM
amen that my policy
That's pretty hard core! But yeah that's a good way to make your line a non-issue. It's cheap enough that you might as well. Usually after every trip I'll pull out quite a bit of line and run it through my fingers. If I feel the slightest ding i'll either snip off everthing before the ding or replace the line. It's worked well for me so far.

VietReefer
10-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Thank you all for your advices :)