PDA

View Full Version : Symetre 750 vs. 1000 ... vs Stradic CI4

billy b
10-14-2010, 09:05 AM
I have a 750 which I am very pleased with ... and have heard great reports on this board re: the 750.

I'm wondering how it compares to the new 1000 (there must be a reason why they changed - is it because a larger spool works better?)

And how do they compare with the CI4? I got to hold the Stradic in my hands and it felt cheap ... maybe that's because it's so light and the materials it's made from fooled me? It's getting a lot of good pub. Loved the idea of the new bevelling on the outboard side of the spool.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Daryl
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
The Symetre is a great reel, but once you hook a decent drag pulling fish on that Stradic, you won't want to go back to the Symetre. The drags are smooth on that bad boy. If you don't want to blow $200 on a trout reel, check out the Saros 1000. It's a great reel and worth its price, IMHO.

Koshaw
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Ive had the Stradic FI 1000 and boy is it smooth. I have just gotten the Twinpower 1000 (JDM sustain equivalent that falls between the Sustain and the Stella) and its even better and only like 4.8-5oz or so!

The drag is great on the Stradic...and the FI is still about 130$ on ebay.

If you can find an Okuma Aveon 15 they are really good too for only 75-95$ or so on ebay. They are very good reels (500 size). They have 11 ball bearings and are quite nice. I got three for $35 at walmart before they went back up in price. For 70-100$ the Okuma Aveon 15 is one of my favorite reels. They come with a set of drag washers, a bag, and an extra spool and manual.

Psycho_fish'r
10-14-2010, 10:37 PM
I have a Stradic 1000, great reel! Super smooth with an amazing drag system. I recently purchased a Stradic CI4 1000. It's very light, casts a mile with ease. The drag system is even better than my old Stradic. Once the reel is paired up to a decent rod, it is rock solid. I love mine.

gavin310
10-14-2010, 11:38 PM
At first the Ci4 felt kinda cheap to me too. Like it was made out of cheap plastic. It's just how the carbon fiber infusion feels. Once you start playing with it more and you start fishing with it, you'll see it's definitely not a cheap reel.

AngryAgent
10-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Ive had the Stradic FI 1000 and boy is it smooth. I have just gotten the Twinpower 1000 (JDM sustain equivalent that falls between the Sustain and the Stella) and its even better and only like 4.8-5oz or so!

The drag is great on the Stradic...and the FI is still about 130$ on ebay.

If you can find an Okuma Aveon 15 they are really good too for only 75-95$ or so on ebay. They are very good reels (500 size). They have 11 ball bearings and are quite nice. I got three for $35 at walmart before they went back up in price. For 70-100$ the Okuma Aveon 15 is one of my favorite reels. They come with a set of drag washers, a bag, and an extra spool and manual.

The Twinpower 1000 JDM is the American Sustain. It weighs 7.1 ounces not the 4.8-5 ounces you have listed above. Nice reel but a wee bit on the heavy side, just like it's American Brother Sustain.

If you're trying to stay budget get the Stradic FI 1000. Best reel in it's price range and it is every bit as good as the Ci4 except for the weight. Other then that it's the same reel.

1000 sized reels cast better then the 750 and 500 sizes and allow you to have a bit more line capacity. Also memory issues aren't as big a problem with the 1000 sized reels. Weight is no longer an issue and In all reality the 1000 sized reels are more the focus then ever before and lighter then their smaller cousins. I have a JDM Daiwa that only weighs 5.2 ounces and is the lightest 1000 sized reel made for now. You can also fish a 1000 sized reel for bigger fish and not just trout, I use an American Stella 1000 for tubing in the harbor and haven't found a fish that it can't handle yet (disclaimer: there are plenty of fish in their that will spool that reel but none have raped it yet:Envious:).

All in all 1000 sized reel for trout and other freshwater series of fish are my reels of choice spinning wise.

Captain Hooksetter
10-18-2010, 01:25 AM
You can't beat the Ci4. Especially if you're a mini-jigger...

billy b
10-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Hey Folks ... a big THANKS for all the HELPFUL advice ... thanks for taking the time.

"The Symetre is a great reel, but once you hook a decent drag pulling fish on that Stradic, you won't want to go back to the Symetre. The drags are smooth on that bad boy. If you don't want to blow $200 on a trout reel, check out the Saros 1000. It's a great reel and worth its price, IMHO. "
(I can afford the money ... I just was looking for another reel and wasn't sure if I needed another Stella ... although I appreciate how good they are ... anybody know what makes the newer ones better? ... and why more expensive?)

" I have a Stradic 1000, great reel! Super smooth with an amazing drag system. I recently purchased a Stradic CI4 1000. It's very light, casts a mile with ease. The drag system is even better than my old Stradic. Once the reel is paired up to a decent rod, it is rock solid. I love mine." (That helps a lot ... I was looking at an older model as Koshaw suggested)

"At first the Ci4 felt kinda cheap to me too. Like it was made out of cheap plastic. It's just how the carbon fiber infusion feels. Once you start playing with it more and you start fishing with it, you'll see it's definitely not a cheap reel." (I feel a whole lot better about the reel ... and didn't want to sound picky on the CI$ ... especially with some people who bought them posting on this board)

"If you're trying to stay budget get the Stradic FI 1000. Best reel in it's price range and it is every bit as good as the Ci4 except for the weight. Other then that it's the same reel.
(weight is a value to me ... and I would pay for the extra benefit ... thx)

1000 sized reels cast better then the 750 and 500 sizes and allow you to have a bit more line capacity. Also memory issues aren't as big a problem with the 1000 sized reels.
(GOOD reminder and advice ... although I like to "play" with my 500 size on a 5ft reel if were only getting smaller fish ... or might like it with crappie ... which I have yet to do).

All in all 1000 sized reel for trout and other freshwater series of fish are my reels of choice spinning wise."
(That's what it will be for me too)

"You can't beat the Ci4. Especially if you're a mini-jigger... "
(THIS I would like to hear more about ... I'm all ears) ... I'm just getting into jigging and still learning.

THANKS a BIG bunch to all of you ... hope somebody else reads and gets some benefit like I did.