View Full Version : carp and goldfish at faimount..

jerry951
10-13-2010, 11:13 PM
2624826249i didnt know there was goldfish at fairmount and specially this size at fairmount .. really nice fish so i keep him for my fish tank.. and caught these carps ..the biggest one weighted in at 4lb.22oz .. heres some pics26132261332613426135

BrandonFish
10-13-2010, 11:25 PM
nice catch.. better watch what you say its illegal to transport fish from lake to tank or lake to lake
doesnt matter either way its ilegal NOT THAT I CARE but theres dfg people that do come on here i have talked to one my self talking about my red tailed catfish i caught afew months ago.
Thanks for the report

carpanglerdude
10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Haha, that goldfish has a super beatup tail...

What do you do with the common carps? Nice catches.

madwire3
10-14-2010, 08:43 AM
yeah whatcha doin with the carp? furtilizer? jerky? smelly prank on a buddy?
whatd you use to catch the goldfish there are tons of foot long goldfish and big white and black koi in one of the lakes down here but they never take anyof the stuff i use for carp

jerry951
10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
well i called the dfg (909)484-0167 to ask if it was illegal.. but never answer so i left a message wt my ?s my name and # were they could reach me at.. never got a call back so maybe they dont care .. this lake is out of hand ..people fish wt out fishing license,i seen ppl using bluegill as live bait and also seen ppl take bby bass ..i caught another one today way nicer than the one from yesterday..
nice catch.. better watch what you say its illegal to transport fish from lake to tank or lake to lake
doesnt matter either way its ilegal NOT THAT I CARE but theres dfg people that do come on here i have talked to one my self talking about my red tailed catfish i caught afew months ago.
Thanks for the report

jerry951
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
in this picture it does look beatup but it not ill put up up another pic.. i give them away to sm hobo thats always at fairmount..
Haha, that goldfish has a super beatup tail...

What do you do with the common carps? Nice catches.

jerry951
10-14-2010, 08:11 PM
i use tortilla for carp and thats what i caught them on.. goodluck
yeah whatcha doin with the carp? furtilizer? jerky? smelly prank on a buddy?
whatd you use to catch the goldfish there are tons of foot long goldfish and big white and black koi in one of the lakes down here but they never take anyof the stuff i use for carp

catfish 17
10-14-2010, 10:37 PM
what spot were you catching the carp at? i went there about a month ago and use some carp homemade bait and didn't get a single bite. Went to elsinore today and got 3 carps.

jerry951
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
i caught them in the big lake near the island thats in front of the little lake wich is (brown lake) i used 10lb line and small hook wt a lil piece of tortilla they love it .. yeah elsinore has lots of carps and huge ones too..
what spot were you catching the carp at? i went there about a month ago and use some carp homemade bait and didn't get a single bite. Went to elsinore today and got 3 carps.

catfish 17
10-14-2010, 11:12 PM
were they biting a lot or no?

jerry951
10-14-2010, 11:48 PM
yeah they were .. my buddy lost 2 and i lost 1 .. sm guy that fished there al the time caught a 24 pounder on tuesday i wasnt there but my buddy was he said it was huge.. i saw pictures only it looked really big ima be there tomorrow morning wt sm friends if u can come by..
were they biting a lot or no?

catfish 17
10-18-2010, 03:14 AM
yeah they were .. my buddy lost 2 and i lost 1 .. sm guy that fished there al the time caught a 24 pounder on tuesday i wasnt there but my buddy was he said it was huge.. i saw pictures only it looked really big ima be there tomorrow morning wt sm friends if u can come by..

How'd u do? Maybe I'll go one of these days... don't feel real confident about fairmount lol.

jerry951
10-19-2010, 10:25 AM
:Fishing Hole:i caught 2 carps my friend caught 1 carp and 1 catfish on tortilla lol oh and a soft shell turtle,dude ive fished fairmount for years i live down the st and i have never had problems wt nobody its a chill place to me ..
How'd u do? Maybe I'll go one of these days... don't feel real confident about fairmount lol.