PDA

View Full Version : Fall Bass Fishing

fishinguy68
10-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I am have been fishing for about 20 years now. Mostly saltwater. I have recently started to turn my attention to fresh water. I fish mostly local lakes in Anaheim and the surrounding areas. I have pretty good luck catching catfish and have caught some decent LMB.

I have noticed though, that the LMB bite has dropped off alot lately. I am using plastic worms, spooks, spook jrs. and Lucky Craft LV100. Is there something else that I should be using this time of year or is it normal for the bite to decline in the fall and winter?

Also, I have had decent luck on the cat as far as the 1-4 pounders, but is there any special technique to catching the bigger ones? I mainly use a 1/O hook, with 20 pound braded line and mackerel. Anything else?

I appreciate any and all help that anyone can give me to figure this freshwater stuff out.

jiggin4alivin
10-18-2010, 11:23 PM
fall lmb fishing can be tough. the bass move into deeper water or along steep cliffs or walls. points are always good to fish in the fall. i like to throw worms, jigs and swimbaits in the fall because the trout stocking is taking place so u have the chance to catch a real trophy throwing a big 8"-12" trout swimbait. not a holelot of action on the swimbaits but be patient cuz when u do get one its gunna be a hog!!

bassassassin
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
fall lmb fishing can be tough. the bass move into deeper water or along steep cliffs or walls. points are always good to fish in the fall. i like to throw worms, jigs and swimbaits in the fall because the trout stocking is taking place so u have the chance to catch a real trophy throwing a big 8"-12" trout swimbait. not a holelot of action on the swimbaits but be patient cuz when u do get one its gunna be a hog!!

What park lake has steep cliffs and walls?