PDA

View Full Version : 10/11 DD's in the mix again -kewly with J-

kewlwhip
10-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Late, but QUICK Report, like the boils...

Fished all day with my friend J...who hasn't fished dvl for months and his PB was sub-par, i told him we could try and get "quality" or quantity...we caught a little bit of both, and ended his best striper day!...we limited by afternoon, and the rest popped or jabbed off.

END RESULT:

Limited Stripers, and released the rest...Also, 2LMB's 3-5lbs
Stripey sizes: 11.7lb striper, 8.7lb, and 8.5lb...and the rest 2-4lb schoolie taco's!
Lures: Rapala- topwatter, bottom-tail dancer(s) didn't matter- had a Rapala, hold on!(check below)

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/sunrize.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/jerem_rapala_kewly.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/kewly_rapala_striper.jpg

here piggy piggy piggy
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/kewly_rapala_toads.jpg

couple-0-piggies
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/stripergae.jpg

well, thanks J for having me on the boat and helping ya slay bud! sorry bout the semi-hook in the hand!

till nextime
FISH ON-
kewly

Hitts0n
10-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Man those stripers fight good dont they? Congrats brotha! Good eating there !!! Whats in the belly's?

TrouTracker
10-13-2010, 01:16 AM
To Kewly- You are on fire! It's funny because TO showed me those Rapala Deep Tail Dancers about 2 years ago and said they'd do well at the Jewel. Those stripers don't have a chance with you around. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us after a hard day fishin..........
Barry A. Ogawa

Big Daddy
10-13-2010, 05:29 AM
The King has struck again. Great job as usual Bro. When your good there is just nothing you can do about it. lol

surferjohn
10-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Thats's Awesome!!!

Criss
10-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Nice catch. You should open up a DVL bassing fishing school there. Paid admission.

Hog Caller
10-13-2010, 09:28 AM
You're the man Kewly!
Nice job on the striper slay.

Brent

BassHunter1979
10-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Now that's a report! Thanks for sharing!

Thisfool
10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
wow man those DVL hold over trout will be back soon if you guys keep slaying the stripper like that

troutdog
10-13-2010, 11:33 AM
And the slayin goes on...wtg Kewlio!

You should take Bob out on a guide trip :LOL:

TD

fishinone
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Congrats Kewly,

Your just tearing it up out there.

huukup12
10-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Congrats Kooly,
ya the master at DVL. Cool slaying day...
j

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-13-2010, 05:38 PM
way ta slay buddy........nailing them toads...theyre turning on nicely !

saweeet !

Congrats on the sweet catches !
Gary

fishincrave
10-13-2010, 08:01 PM
WTG kewly Great looking fish and a great post my friend keep it up.

fishincrave
10-13-2010, 08:03 PM

TD

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::R OFL::ROFL:Nice one TD

DEADROOTS
10-13-2010, 08:17 PM
God damn Kewly!Good damn work man! I can't wait till I hit that place!

TroutOnly
10-13-2010, 09:46 PM
No t/d kooly doesnt want to do that,last time the score was t/o-18,,,,,,,,,,,kooly-1,,,,,,,,,maybe he can guide you at the vine and show how to catch trout......lol,,,,,,,,i think the giants are still playin ball t/d ,it may be time for you to sit on the pillow,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
10-13-2010, 10:38 PM
lmao@the pillow !

kewlwhip
10-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Man those stripers fight good dont they? Congrats brotha! Good eating there !!! Whats in the belly's?man Hits' gotta bust out on your Castaic Stripeys- thanks bud, i need some new striper recipes, who's got some??...i have a freezer full that i have some friends trading for lobster! yeaah- lol thanks Jake@FH lolzz,

To Kewly- You are on fire! It's funny because TO showed me those Rapala Deep Tail Dancers about 2 years ago and said they'd do well at the Jewel. Those stripers don't have a chance with you around. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us after a hard day fishin..........
Barry A. Ogawa Hey Barry- Im just fishin' and havin' a blessed time!- some may chuckle/laugh but i keep it REEL lol...Yeah, I saw/talked with Bob today and said he's got a very similar version ready...remember FAlbert brought those out first on the Hookjaw 7lbrs with releasedbutnotforgotten... :Wink: old school...now this is the new school, STriper Slay is in session- TIME TO TRY AND BRING HOLDOVERS BACK lol- ps...wishful thinkin.

The King has struck again. Great job as usual Bro. When your good there is just nothing you can do about it. lol No...we only have ONE king :Wink: and HE's the man above- Man it was a bit tougher today, but managed- lets go play again BD!

Thats's Awesome!!! thanks srfrjohn!

Nice catch. You should open up a DVL bassing fishing school there. Paid admission. Thanks! lol- nahh, there are better slayers out there-

You're the man Kewly!
Nice job on the striper slay.

Brent Thanks Brent- just trying to put different stripes on the boats lol

Now that's a report! Thanks for sharing! go GETEM~!

wow man those DVL hold over trout will be back soon if you guys keep slaying the stripper like that lol, good one! Like Bob, and a few trout fellas...including myself...Im still pullin holdover trout stuff gear...im hopin to see a 14+lb holdover hookjaw/brown busting through the schoolie stripers...now that'd be something...other than the reverse ordertil then, i'll keep spilling striper blood with whomever is down~!

TD Thanks TD!...ahahaha..TD you clown...Oh man, TO- i had nothin to do with TD's jokeZZ lolzz goodOne

Congrats Kewly,

Your just tearing it up out there. Thanks fishinone!

Congrats Kooly,
ya the master at DVL. Cool slaying day...
j I'm still trying to "master" DVL :Wink: thanks for the props huukup12!

way ta slay buddy........nailing them toads...theyre turning on nicely !

saweeet !

Congrats on the sweet catches !
GaryThanks Gary- I've hit up fellow anglers on the water or been asked..I guess not too many are doing as well, even with schoolies...stripers that is.

FNNr's/Readers/Lurkers, etc...get one of the guides here, pm or other...and GO GETTEM! They're there

WTG kewly Great looking fish and a great post my friend keep it up.hey thanks, I'll keep it goin as long as the stripers are cooperative! lol

GOOD damn Kewly!Good damn work man! I can't wait till I hit that place! whats up man, hit me up when you head out!

No t/d kooly doesnt want to do that,last time the score was t/o-18,,,,,,,,,,,kooly-1,,,,,,,,,maybe he can guide you at the vine and show how to catch trout......lol,,,,,,,,i think the giants are still playin ball t/d ,it may be time for you to sit on the pillow,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,TO's gona get me on that last time I fished on the salmanoid with our in-boat contest lol...i had to cut his line on the UR's- because i wanted to run single lures, more bendo..lol,,, Vines got the trout indeed, year round-! piLLow what?!-k, im outta here FISH ON!

TroutOnly
10-14-2010, 08:10 AM
the tail dancers came from nearly 6yrs ago ,and nobody at dvl at the time was running them, then i got copied again,HEY KOOLY YOU DIDNT POST THE SCORE FROM YESTERDAY,,,,,,,,,I THINK I WON AGAIN,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,

huukup12
10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Kooly,
Here is the recipe I used for those jailbird at Castaic - Thai Tom-Yum soup.
1. fillet them & take out all hidden bones
2. go to Asian Market and buy Thai Tom-Yum paste and fresh lemon grass, fresh mushroom, tomato, fresh Thai chili. You can get the gas table top in any Asian market for $15 & don't forget the gas canister too. In San Gabriel Vally -- 99 Ranch Market or Hawaii Market...In LA - A1 Market on Sunset. In Westminster - tons of Asian Market there as well...
3. crack open 3 can of chicken broth & heat them up. Put in a couple spoon full of the Thai Tom-Yum paste and lemon grass, tomato, and chopped chili.
4. Let it slow boil for 5 minutes to bring the lemon grass flavor out and whenever you ready to eat put in the fillet and mushroom, a little bit of salt or fish sauce for 5 minutes ( important -- don't over cook them )
5. enjoy over Thai beer - priceless....

james

Cow Patty
10-14-2010, 08:12 PM
What's up my Ninja Warrior,

I thought you said those fish were from Silverwood not DVL. lol. "Who new". Looks like another great day on the Diamond for you and friend J. I guess I have to work double time on fixing my truck the next few days, so I can make it out this weekend.One question I have? How do you make those fish jump into your boat all the time? lmao.

Cow Patty

kewlwhip
10-14-2010, 09:21 PM
the tail dancers came from nearly 6yrs ago ,and nobody at dvl at the time was running them, then i got copied again,HEY KOOLY YOU DIDNT POST THE SCORE FROM YESTERDAY,,,,,,,,,I THINK I WON AGAIN,,,,LOL,,,,,,,, hey Uncle B, lol, ya shudda been runnin them for the past 6 years straight, probably would've stopped all the stripers from killin the holdies heheheh- only because my guys were still tryna learn the big striperways lol...

Kooly,
Here is the recipe I used for those jailbird at Castaic - Thai Tom-Yum soup.
1. fillet them & take out all hidden bones
2. go to Asian Market and buy Thai Tom-Yum paste and fresh lemon grass, fresh mushroom, tomato, fresh Thai chili. You can get the gas table top in any Asian market for $15 & don't forget the gas canister too. In San Gabriel Vally -- 99 Ranch Market or Hawaii Market...In LA - A1 Market on Sunset. In Westminster - tons of Asian Market there as well...
3. crack open 3 can of chicken broth & heat them up. Put in a couple spoon full of the Thai Tom-Yum paste and lemon grass, tomato, and chopped chili.
4. Let it slow boil for 5 minutes to bring the lemon grass flavor out and whenever you ready to eat put in the fillet and mushroom, a little bit of salt or fish sauce for 5 minutes ( important -- don't over cook them )
5. enjoy over Thai beer - priceless....

james hey james, i'm gona have to copy/paste and save it to Wdocument...thanks bud! wish i saved my stripers from the other day- i ended up giving it to the guys...

What's up my Ninja Warrior,

I thought you said those fish were from Silverwood not DVL. lol. "Who new". Looks like another great day on the Diamond for you and friend J. I guess I have to work double time on fixing my truck the next few days, so I can make it out this weekend.One question I have? How do you make those fish jump into your boat all the time? lmao.

Cow Patty ahhh Silverwood..home of the "poppers" lol,, lastime i was there was when we all went Wheeli'n on the trails, and ended up shoreline to throw out some swimb's. Oh to answer your question, I have a million watt electro shocker, which i shock the stripers onto the boat lol!,,, get your truck ready! lol ttyl

troutdog
10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
No t/d kooly doesnt want to do that,last time the score was t/o-18,,,,,,,,,,,kooly-1,,,,,,,,,maybe he can guide you at the vine and show how to catch trout......lol,,,,,,,,i think the giants are still playin ball t/d ,it may be time for you to sit on the pillow,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Bob let me know if you wanna "put your money where your pillow is" on your buddies in the orange pajamas against the Phillies :LOL:

Oh btw I let Hitts know you like to fish the surf wearing brown tights and now he might come and get salty with us too next weekend! :ROFL:

TD

TroutOnly
10-15-2010, 04:15 PM
If he does he will be going swimming with you,,,,,,,,,,when i throw into a wave,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Kill kill.....slay slay !

ahkhhhhkha ! thats the way !

saweet !