PDA

View Full Version : The Burning Daylight Crew head to Mammoth 10/7

jtmoney2010
10-12-2010, 09:40 PM
c:\users\MichelleTorres\Pictures\MyPictures\jamest rip
A weekend get away to the eastern sierra's is always a great way to relax and hang with your boys. My father, uncle, cousin and some of my friends headed out to mammoth to get our fishing fix in. We first stopped in bishop and decided to fish South Lake. A few of us caught some small rainbows floating NCs. It was a nice way to start our trip. From there we stopped at the intake II and it was a bit slow. We were able to catch a couple on PB. All the we fish we caught were released. The next day we headed to the Loop and started off by fishing Silver lake. We all caught pan size fish but we released them all. We ended our evening at Grant Lake and we were able to catch a few more pan size trout on red/gold Thomas Bouyants. We also caught a few floating NCs but nothing large enough to keep. So we ended our trip spending the day at the Bridgeport Resvr. That is were we all caught some quality fish. We were all able catch over 1lb rainbow trout. We were floating NCs and did very well. My cousin Al Bernstein caught a monster 4lb trout about 22inches using a Rapala. That was the only fish that was kept. It was a great trip and wish I had a few more days to hit a couple more lakes. I will probably have to wait for the opener!

TROUT MASTERS
10-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Sound like a grear fishing trip,thanks for the report,How was the weather ?and the trout your cousin caught
was it a bow or brown ??
thanks
Trout Masters..

Crawler
10-13-2010, 09:25 PM
c:\users\MichelleTorres\Pictures\MyPictures\jamest rip
A weekend get away to the eastern sierra's is always a great way to relax and hang with your boys. My father, uncle, cousin and some of my friends headed out to mammoth to get our fishing fix in. We first stopped in bishop and decided to fish South Lake. A few of us caught some small rainbows floating NCs. It was a nice way to start our trip. From there we stopped at the intake II and it was a bit slow. We were able to catch a couple on PB. All the we fish we caught were released. The next day we headed to the Loop and started off by fishing Silver lake. We all caught pan size fish but we released them all. We ended our evening at Grant Lake and we were able to catch a few more pan size trout on red/gold Thomas Bouyants. We also caught a few floating NCs but nothing large enough to keep. So we ended our trip spending the day at the Bridgeport Resvr. That is were we all caught some quality fish. We were all able catch over 1lb rainbow trout. We were floating NCs and did very well. My cousin Al Bernstein caught a monster 4lb trout about 22inches using a Rapala. That was the only fish that was kept. It was a great trip and wish I had a few more days to hit a couple more lakes. I will probably have to wait for the opener!

Thanks for the report. For your pic to show up you either need to click the "manage attachments" icon and let FNN host the pic, or use a free hosting service like photobucket. :Cool: