PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood yesterday..

drifter023
10-11-2010, 07:47 PM
:Angry: That place drives me :Explode: the water is down 30ft. they said a pump station got hit by lighting in palmdale so no water in. I cannot figure any thing out here but will keep trying got one cat 3lb.s but was trying for the stripers the moss is almost gone so that is a good thing. Plus lots of shad in the water but nothing chasing them. O'well will give it another try as so as possible any body else been out there?

BufordT9
10-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I was gonna head up there last week. glad i didnt! thanks for the report!

seal
10-12-2010, 01:56 PM
That's why the water went down! Thanks I was wondering, gone a week came back and WTF????????

They are there guys, it takes some work and going to the easy spots just ain't working this year. Might acutally be a good thing a lot of the boils were out in deeper water, less water easier to reach the fish, in theory anyways.

drifter023
10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
seal, what time are those boils happening? Did see a lot of birds just hanging around but not chasing bait also saw lots of bait just nothing chasing it. I will not give up there might go:Head Bang: but will be back again.......:EyePop:

ghettofishermans son
10-12-2010, 08:41 PM
went thre a couple days ago and there was striper all over chasing minows,big ones too 10 - 15 pounds chasing up to shore and blowing up on the a little furthedr out . almost has 3 on topwater but missed them . they were blowing up on my bait hard , but none would stick.

seal
10-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Since the drawdown the boils have diminished. Prior to the water level change the whole lake would erupt just prior to dark, I think mornings had similar boils but I have been on more of an afternoon/evening kick lately.

drifter023
10-13-2010, 06:12 PM
seal, thanks for the rep;y will get the boat on the water early be there when they open and start trolling right out of the ramp. Maybe that will do it in the a.m. Hopefully get there next week during the week and see what happens.

seal
10-14-2010, 08:35 AM
seal, thanks for the rep;y will get the boat on the water early be there when they open and start trolling right out of the ramp. Maybe that will do it in the a.m. Hopefully get there next week during the week and see what happens.

If they have moved deeper following the bait I would bring along some jigs to do some vertical jigging. Pline makes some real nice ones, new models in smaller size perfect to imitate the Silversides out there, if you can find them and they are deep they should work great.

drifter023
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
seal, thanks we use to get them in 75 to 95ft. with the chovies never tried the jigs. If can find will give it a go. There is one spot I see coming out of the ramp area that always seems to show fish on it in deep water hard to anchor there. But changing to different anchor and maybe it will hold better Thanks again....